Fake pigments and eyeshadows?

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
She's still a seller and I know she's been mentioned on Specktra before. I'm terrified of legal action if I put her name out again but I know she has flags behind her. It's only bothering me because when the girl posted these pics before, it was kind of lost in the thread. She refunded me for the 2 items and was courteous but this bottle has puzzled me because of how exact it is. I haven't used this but I can't get over the detailing because side by side to my other pigments, the size is the same despite the base looking a little thicker. My latest pigment splurge was the charms Saturday. I literally won't buy any more jars off Ebay because of this situation and have to fight the urge whenever I see glitters and certain rares I know are already copied. It's easier for me to go to the store then go through this but I want to see what people can make of this bottle....it's hard to tell past the base to me and the Canada/US thing. I'll kick myself if this turns out to be real because it means I got refunded 2 instead of 1. Having morals freaking sucks.

I'm really new to this, but legal action against you? How would she do that? If it's a fake then if anything, legal action would be taken with her.

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
I'm really new to this, but legal action against you? How would she do that? If it's a fake then if anything, legal action would be taken with her.

I know Specktra already knows of her. She refunded me but this bottle has baffled me after the fact. I'm seeing alot of people coming on here and saying slander this and libel that. I've taken it to two different places and gotten two different answers now. It's irking me that I know detailing down usually and can't put a thumb on this one. It has officially fooled a counter girl that's saying it's real now. Her feedback hasn't shown what's posted here on Specktra and 2 of the negs weren't counterfeit related. I don't use it but wanted to see what one of the piggie pros can make of it because if it's 100% fake then they need a job at MAC to get rid of the chick that said it's real. Panda I've seen at work and details don't get past her in a minute and I promise you, I'm hoping the 2nd counter girl was wrong and just doesn't know her stuff yet.

pumpkincat210

I doubt she could take legal action anyways..I was reading this on mac's site:
2. Products and Services for Personal Use
The products and services available on the Site, and any samples thereof we may provide to you, are for personal use only. You may not sell or resell any of the products or services, or samples thereof, you purchase or otherwise receive from us. We reserve the right, with or without notice, to cancel or reduce the quantity of any order to be filled or products or services to be provided to you that we believe, in our sole discretion, may result in the violation of our Terms and Conditions.

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMay
here's some more pics...

I'm placing my bets Panda will knock these out in a 2 minute time spree. Your Naked I can't find a flaw in by the lettering but it has more space after the maccosmetics.com, your White Gold is the same as my Silver Fog dilemma down to lettering and it looks like there's a comma in Quick Frost where the .26 US OZ is but has the same spacing as most of the bottles towards the bottom. I know there can be issues with packaging details but mine all say NET WT./POIDS NET 7.5 g/ .26 US OZ e or 7.5 g e 0.26 US OZ. I can't wait to see what her or redambition say on this thread because I'm anxious to see this now. I've got only the one questionable but want to see what their eyes pull up because they know details down. They're your key chica. XD

Scratch that, check the pigment guide that's on here. There's different variations by mattes and non-mattes and even based on years of release. The guides even show the variations of fonts throughout different years on the bottles and boxes. I'm glad I only Ebayed the one Silver Fog mess....you will not see my name linked anywhere to pigment jars after this old deal.

User27

Quote:
I doubt she could take legal action anyways..I was reading this on mac's site:
2. Products and Services for Personal Use
The products and services available on the Site, and any samples thereof we may provide to you, are for personal use only. You may not sell or resell any of the products or services, or samples thereof, you purchase or otherwise receive from us. We reserve the right, with or without notice, to cancel or reduce the quantity of any order to be filled or products or services to be provided to you that we believe, in our sole discretion, may result in the violation of our Terms and Conditions.

Estee Lauder owns that down. They gave me a lecture about buying on Ebay and I was like whoa didn't know they were that anal about it. Shimmer said it best with buyer beware because over half of it seems is fake on Ebay. I stick to stores and CCO past this seller on Specktra that I just checked out and the most recent ones on Ebay being piggy charms, MAC bag and an Estee Lauder deal when I have to look remotely non-goth. I check things out via baba before bidding but know what most of the fakes available are. By me not buying mostly on Ebay, I eliminated more than half the risk. I honestly post the newest fakes available so other people don't walk into it not knowing they've already been copied. I felt like a newb not trying Specktra out for a sale but am pretty enthusiastic with who I chose to buy from. I'm anxious to see what the outcome of this thread is...I feel like an anxious kid. XD

capmorlovesmac

I am so sorry hun that this happened to you!

I already told you that I have the same fake Mystical Mist e/s
ssad.gif
and my box and e/s look exactly the same. The font is more bold than it should be, the barcode is the same and the printing of it is too sharp and the sticker/label on the back looks odd (small white frame).

The other e/s and also the Pigments look fake too.
ssad.gif

th_hug.gif

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmorlovesmac
I am so sorry hun that this happened to you!

I already told you that I have the same fake Mystical Mist e/s
ssad.gif
and my box and e/s look exactly the same. The font is more bold than it should be, the barcode is the same and the printing of it is too sharp and the sticker/label on the back looks odd (small white frame).

The other e/s and also the Pigments look fake too.
ssad.gif

th_hug.gif

Please to God tell me the Silver Fog is fake and I will adore you for life. I've never wanted a fake pigment before in my life until now. The base is about an 1/8 of an inch off even though the bottles stand even side by side. I thought the scratch test would work but it's equal to my others and it's non shiny. I am hoping Panda calls this out as fake so my conscience is clean with this old deal.

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Please to God tell me the Silver Fog is fake and I will adore you for life. I've never wanted a fake pigment before in my life until now. The base is about an 1/8 of an inch off even though the bottles stand even side by side. I thought the scratch test would work but it's equal to my others and it's non shiny. I am hoping Panda calls this out as fake so my conscience is clean with this old deal.

The box of your Silver Fog looks too scratchy. The authentic MAC packaging is not that easy to scratch.

From MrsMay's image that shows the top of the Pigment packaging the round labels and also the black packaging itself looks fishy.. very fishy.

I remember how sad I was when I found out that the Mystical Mist e/s was a fake. Especially as a purple lover this was heartbreaking.
cry.gif
*hugs MrsMay*
I hope you can get your money back, hun!

pumpkincat210

Quote:
The box of your Silver Fog looks too scratchy. The authentic MAC packaging is not that easy to scratch.

From MrsMay's image that shows the top of the Pigment packaging the round labels and also the black packaging itself looks fishy.. very fishy.

I remember how sad I was when I found out that the Mystical Mist e/s was a fake. Especially as a purple lover this was heartbreaking.
cry.gif
*hugs MrsMay*

I never noticed how hard it was to scratch until you pointed it out. jeez, what is it made from?
Mystical Mist was dissapointing, if you liked it you can have mine!

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
I never noticed how hard it was to scratch until you pointed it out. jeez, what is it made from?
Mystical Mist was dissapointing, if you liked it you can have mine!

amazed.gif
It was? How sad!
ssad.gif

I really hope MAC repromotes it because right now wallet is saving every cent for Style Warriors so no more buying until the release.
ssad.gif
But thank you for your offer!
th_hug.gif

User27

Quote:

cry.gif
*hugs MrsMay*

My box won't really scratch either. I had to borrow those pics from Squeak because she had the same dilemma. My lid doesn't scratch nor does the box and I don't use it but wanted to see if someone could figure it out for me. I've tried scartching lids, boxes, compared the fake guide down to lettering detail and even the pamphlet inside. It was ruled fake on the pigment guide but when the girl brought up the box not scratching as much as it appeared, another pigment got brought up. My label does seem a little smaller on the top of the box but is in brand new shape. We have a Silver Fog fake to compare when someone else brings up this bottle. They're definitely still circulating so no loss to me. I love you guys and I don't owe her an apology...praise freaking Jeebus. I'll start going to Nordstrom's instead now so I can dodge the chick at Towson's counter. THANK YOU!
th_DANCE.gif

pumpkincat210

Quote:
amazed.gif
It was? How sad!
ssad.gif

I really hope MAC repromotes it because right now wallet is saving every cent for Style Warriors so no more buying until the release.
ssad.gif
But thank you for your offer!
th_hug.gif

Not to be too off topic, the offer is there if you remember me~ it has a lot of dark undertones. If i was financially able i'd give it away i dislike it so much, lol. I like au contraire so much better!

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Estee Lauder owns that down. They gave me a lecture about buying on Ebay and I was like whoa didn't know they were that anal about it. Shimmer said it best with buyer beware because over half of it seems is fake on Ebay. I stick to stores and CCO past this seller on Specktra that I just checked out and the most recent ones on Ebay being piggy charms, MAC bag and an Estee Lauder deal when I have to look remotely non-goth. I check things out via baba before bidding but know what most of the fakes available are. By me not buying mostly on Ebay, I eliminated more than half the risk. I honestly post the newest fakes available so other people don't walk into it not knowing they've already been copied. I felt like a newb not trying Specktra out for a sale but am pretty enthusiastic with who I chose to buy from. I'm anxious to see what the outcome of this thread is...I feel like an anxious kid. XD

really really anal....going as far to say you shouldn't sell pigment samples! I understand quality control and them not wanting to "share" their profits.. but i don't see the harm of selling a sample to someone.

User27

Quote:
really really anal....going as far to say you shouldn't sell pigment samples! I understand quality control and them not wanting to "share" their profits.. but i don't see the harm of selling a sample to someone.

I came close to buying samples on here and then was like what am I going to do with only a sample? I like buying jars despite me saying I'll quit and sometimes I have to replace them because my 14 year old sister "borrows" them. She ended up with my original Jewelmarine glitter and I ended up buying mine all over again. 3 tsps. possibly gone and now she can't find it but she knows I'll call it a loss and rebuy it. Some people are into samples to determine before they buy but I usually see a color then a swatch and am like I want the jar. Honestly, Lily White I always thought was too blah for me and now I want the whole jar. I wish to God I could find the entire pigment charm set instead of buying them individually but eh it's been my intro to colors I wouldn't usually be caught dead in. XD

MrsMay

*bump* Is anyone else able to give their opinions on my (possible) fake pigments and eyeshadows?

I just would like to get some more opinions before I go back to the seller...

TIA

TISH1124

I was going to say the same thing.....MrsMay...this was your thread and looks like we totally took over it talking about other issues and not about yours, which is unfair...I hope now that is morning in the US more people will be up to assist your initial post!!!

User27

It's going to take Panda, redambition or XQueeze_Me (?). I've been all over the pigment guide and there's rules that apply to mattes, non-mattes and the way the wording on the boxes differs by the batches. Until one of them comes on, we're all waiting for the same thing. I just came back from swatches trying to get a look at bottles that people were swapping from. 1165Cheryl if noone messaged her, she helped Glitterlids with her fake dilemma. She knows her pigments and has a really good eye for bottles. Htf did I almost forget her? I've tried using what's available as of now and can only hope one of them signs in soon. Tish and MrsMay, I'm sorry for the bother as we were holding out hoping someone would sign in who was ready to tackle all this.

MrsMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I was going to say the same thing.....MrsMay...this was your thread and looks like we totally took over it talking about other issues and not about yours, which is unfair...I hope now that is morning in the US more people will be up to assist your initial post!!!

Thanks Tish
winkiss.gif

Quote:
It's going to take Panda, redambition or XQueeze_Me (?). I've been all over the pigment guide and there's rules that apply to mattes, non-mattes and the way the wording on the boxes differs by the batches. Until one of them comes on, we're all waiting for the same thing. I just came back from swatches trying to get a look at bottles that people were swapping from. 1165Cheryl if noone messaged her, she helped Glitterlids with her fake dilemma. She knows her pigments and has a really good eye for bottles. Htf did I almost forget her? I've tried using what's available as of now and can only hope one of them signs in soon. Tish and MrsMay, I'm sorry for the bother as we were holding out hoping someone would sign in who was ready to tackle all this.

Yeah, Panda0410, redambition and Xqueeze_Me are some of the resident experts but I just thought I would put it out there again incase anyone else can help.

I myself own a majority of the pigments made and as soon as I picked these up they felt fake, so I am 98% sure they are, I am just seeking others opinions on this, not necessarily just Panda0410, redambition and Xqueeze_Me although they are all fabulous.

pumpkincat210

I apoligize to MrsMay too! I took another peek at the eyeshadows. The left two appear to be fakes because 1. the type on the back is too wide by just a bit 2. the type on the middle eyeshadow is slightly yellow in color. The eyeshadow finish was only on the actual pot of shadow.

The same story with the pigments the typeface is all a little different from each other and the coloring on the middle pigment is especially yellowed. None of my boxes are quite as white as the far left pigment. I literally had to dig my nails into the boxes to get them to show white. On the front of the pigment jars my "M" is wider than yours. My caps are not as black and shiney either. Okay i may have found it! your box flaps(the part that folds into the box) don't have horizontal indentions on each side approximately a quarter of an inch on each side, maybe a little less, don't have a ruler. i will see if my camera batteries are charged...

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMay
Thanks Tish
winkiss.gif

Yeah, Panda0410, redambition and Xqueeze_Me are some of the resident experts but I just thought I would put it out there again incase anyone else can help.

I myself own a majority of the pigments made and as soon as I picked these up they felt fake, so I am 98% sure they are, I am just seeking others opinions on this, not necessarily just Panda0410, redambition and Xqueeze_Me although they are all fabulous.

I messaged redambition about what was going on with your situation. Mine is nothing because it was settled weeks ago. Your White Gold is the same version of mine if it falls in that category. Same box and bottle down to the number on the back of your pigment. I have never bought an Italian eyeshadow to place the box for the first eyeshadow but am willing to bet the 2nd one is fake by the fonts used on your packaging. Did you run a search on your sellers' name to see if anyone else had a problematic transaction?