Fake pigments and eyeshadows?

TISH1124

Yeah I am 99% sure after looking at them clearly this morning they are fake ...If you got them on Ebay or paid by paypal I would start a claim right away as soon as you get a few more confirmations from the Lady Counterfeiter Supremes...where are they!!! Not bothered with us right now LOL LOL

MrsMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
I apoligize to MrsMay too! I took another peek at the eyeshadows. The left two appear to be fakes because 1. the type on the back is too wide by just a bit 2. the type on the middle eyeshadow is slightly yellow in color. The eyeshadow finish was only on the actual pot of shadow.

The same story with the pigments the typeface is all a little different from each other and the coloring on the middle pigment is especially yellowed. None of my boxes are quite as white as the far left pigment. I literally had to dig my nails into the boxes to get them to show white. On the front of the pigment jars my "M" is wider than yours. My caps are not as black and shiney either. Okay i may have found it! your box flaps(the part that folds into the box) don't have horizontal indentions on each side approximately a quarter of an inch on each side, maybe a little less, don't have a ruler. i will see if my camera batteries are charged...

Thanks for you input, it is greatly appreciated
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
I messaged redambition about what was going on with your situation. Mine is nothing because it was settled weeks ago. Your White Gold is the same version of mine if it falls in that category. Same box and bottle down to the number on the back of your pigment. I have never bought an Italian eyeshadow to place the box for the first eyeshadow but am willing to bet the 2nd one is fake by the fonts used on your packaging. Did you run a search on your sellers' name to see if anyone else had a problematic transaction?

Thanks
smiles.gif
It was actually a Specktra member who didnt have any feedback... I knew I was taking a chance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Yeah I am 99% sure after looking at them clearly this morning they are fake ...If you got them on Ebay or paid by paypal I would start a claim right away as soon as you get a few more confirmations from the Lady Counterfeiter Supremes...where are they!!! Not bothered with us right now LOL LOL

lol, I will wait and see what the other ladies say, but I did pay via paypal so will have to see what the deal is there (after contacting the seller of course).

User27

I just found your White Gold bottle on Ebay including A23 batch number. Not trying to bring any kind of slander to a sellers' name but the past 3 days, she's been called out here for selling fakes including Paypal escalated claims. There is a case within this section that was opened 2 or 3 days ago and other buyers came forward stating they received faulty goods. There are multiple sellers, including the one I bought mine from, selling your bottle packaged down to the batch number and they've been brought up multiple times Specktra side. Type in MAC white gold pigment on Ebay and see which ones are selling them and you'll see what I mean. 3 different sellers took their photos with them at a diagonal angle where you can make out your same batch number on a foggy kind of sticker. I'm sorry but I'm 95% sure now at least about that one.

redambition

Hi All! Bit late to the discussion
smiles.gif

Thanks for the messages Tish and Casadalinnis - it's currently quite late at night here so panda probably won't be around to see the message until tomorrow.

ok.. i think that these might all be fake
ssad.gif
i'm not 100% sure but the white gold and quick frost just have things that look wrong. the naked... well.. there is one thing that's troubling me.

if you look at the base picture of the naked piggie, on the right hand side of the sticker (in line with the batch code) there is what appears to be a ridge in the plastic. MrsMay - is that ridge an actual bump on the base, or is it a play of the flash and the light?

Panda is the real expert on the piggies so it will be best to wait for her to confirm. i'll be back on the morning (need sleep!!) to have another look.

MrsMay

Hey redambition!! Thanks so much for taking a look...

I left the pigments at work, so I will check first thing in the morning and let you know about the Naked pigment. You are 30 mins ahead of me (adelaide vs Sydney) so it's midnight there... go to bed! (but thank you very very much for stopping by the thread!!)

Im thinking that all of them (with the exception of Shore Leave which was used as comparison) are fake... oh well, you cant win them all!!

User27

I didn't even notice you and redambition were from Australia. I knew Panda was but forgot time difference between continents. Looks like sellers are targeting out a few of the pro color pigments. I'm sorry about the headache all this causes and if it makes you feel any better, I think everyone here on Specktra has been screwed over at least once. I think that's how we end up in this section screaming out OMG! they copied this or how the hell does this seller still get positive feedback?! I wish you the best with your Paypal claim and we've all been there and wanted to scream. I'm scared straight from Ebay and I didn't buy piggies off of here but will definitely avoid now.

panda0410

White Gold, Quick Frost and Naked are counterfeits... let me sleep for a bit and I will explain later
smiles.gif

syrene78

Isn't the shape of the cap rounder that authentic MAC pigments?
To check a piggie, I usually put it close one I bought at MAC and compare everything from there: thickness, shape of jar and top, ect...
As I am into very old pigments (before 2000), I sometimes come accross the shiny lid then (such as Bronze), as MAC used to make them. Then, it is a total different back as well. Can get confusing!

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrene78
Isn't the shape of the cap rounder that authentic MAC pigments?
To check a piggie, I usually put it close one I bought at MAC and compare everything from there: thickness, shape of jar and top, ect...
As I am into very old pigments (before 2000), I sometimes come accross the shiny lid then (such as Bronze), as MAC used to make them. Then, it is a total different back as well. Can get confusing!

Yes they are and I know that because I just got a fresh batch of fakes in the mail. Unreal

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixxan
Yes they are and I know that because I just got a fresh batch of fakes in the mail. Unreal

Were your fakes bought off Specktra too ??

syrene78

Quote:

Oh, I am so sorry that it happened to you again. I know how frustrating it is.
Can you open a Paypal dispute or better contact Paypal and return them to sender for a refund?
However, if you send to Canada, you will need a proof that you are sending back to show to Paypal.
Same with the seller who should have shipped via registered mail to get proctected...

Vixxan

Quote:
Oh, I am so sorry that it happened to you again. I know how frustrating it is.
Can you open a Paypal dispute or better contact Paypal and return them to sender for a refund?
However, if you send to Canada, you will need a proof that you are sending back to show to Paypal.
Same with the seller who should have shipped via registered mail to get proctected...

I'm so mad right now. Why do these people need to do this? I don't get it. The fool had the nerve to come a Mac forum and sell fakes. I'm going to try to have this dummy arrested. I going to file a complaint with the US postal service for mail fraud.

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Were your fakes bought off Specktra too ??

Yes mac4less is selling fakes please see her post I left a message there.

TISH1124

Oh Goodness...this saddens me I have a package pending, not pigments however....but still .....Please post pictures when you get them....My package has not arrived

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMay
Hey all...

I would really appreciate it if you could take a look at the below e/s and pigments that I received today in the post.

I've linked to big photos so you can see the detail. I'm at work so I've just taken quick pics to see what you all think..

The eyeshadows have been compared to a bnib shore leave which I know is authentic (I had it in my work drawer lol).

Shore Leave is on the right in both e/s photos.

Thanks in Advance!

Jenny

I don't know where you got these from but my pigments were obvious fakes. Put a fake pigment in your right hand and a real one in your left hand and you can feel it right away. Then put then next to each other and the cap is so much larger on the fake. Lucky for me I had some pigment left in my original Your ladyship the colors don't match. I hope this helps.

syrene78

Quote:
I don't know where you got these from but my pigments were obvious fakes. Put a fake pigment in your right hand and a real one in your left hand and you can feel it right away. Then put then next to each other and the cap is so much larger on the fake. Lucky for me I had some pigment left in my original Your ladyship the colors don't match. I hope this helps.

Vixxan, PM'me, I still have tons of Your Ladyship, genuine!, and would love to send you a large sample of it and any other ones that I have still in stock from when I was selling pigment samples. As a ROAK of course!

Vixxan

Quote:
Vixxan, PM'me, I still have tons of Your Ladyship, genuine!, and would love to send you a large sample of it and any other ones that I have still in stock from when I was selling pigment samples. As a ROAK of course!

I'm sorry. I shouldn't have put all that on you. I'm so sorry, please forgive me. I just snapped, i'm sorry. Thank you so much for your offer.

pumpkincat210

After all of this i feel like making samples and giving them out. lol. I freaked out last weak when i realized the backs of some jars were left aligned and some centered, even though i thought i bought all from mac. the last one i bought was bell bottom blue. that was 2 years ago. I haven't done makeup in 2 years.