France Exclusive "MAC LA" Collection

iheartjuppy

I just saw the following post on LiveJournal - would love more details (and a CP!):

"FRANCE EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION
Monday, March 13, 2006, 9:16 pm

I went to my counter last Friday for the Culturebloom even - I am in France. Oh wasn't i surprise to see they had flowering there
smiles.gif
I did a good haul, and me and the girls had some fun in the store...

I was about to say goodbye, see you for the next collection when my MA threw me "3rd of April, france exclusive". So, thtat made me stay of course. The collectionis called L.A. it comes out on the 3rd of April and all that's left from it will go back to main store on the 12th of April. The collection will only be at paris and lyon counters it seems, it is full of new pigments and it is GOR-GEOUS ! I have seen it already, wasn't allowed to take pictures, but ... damn !
greengrin.gif

So I emailed spektra about it since its not on the MAC website, didn't get anything back, but this collection is coming out FOR SURE ON THE 3RD and they are going to be offering massages when you make your apointment.
smiles.gif
Yay !
greengrin.gif
"

Miss_Behave

ok I just talked to Amy on live chat, and she checked but couldn't find a thing about the collection. I wonder if it's true. I never heard of an country exclusive beside asia

kare31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Behave
ok I just talked to Amy on live chat, and she checked but couldn't find a thing about the collection. I wonder if it's true. I never heard of an country exclusive beside asia

Didnt Spain or Mexico have an exclusive a year or two ago? A lipstick in honor of a female singer, I'm thinking. I wouldnt be too suprised if there was a French exclusive.

kare31

I found the info on the Mexico exclusive I was thinking of. Tried to quote the info on this thread, but accidentally bumped the previous thread to the top. (I'm just a mess!) It's about midway down in the S & Blue thread.

Quoted from Ishtarchick on that thread:
"I was wondering if this has anything to do with the lipstick MAC launched as a Mexico exclusive, and the icon for whom it was made was Alejandra Guzman (a local rock star) Guillermo Gutierrez, senior artist for MAC worked with her to create it, and casually, her new album is called "Lipstick" haha
here's the pic of the lippie, it was called "sexcitada" described as a <<sensual, vibrant red bomb>>"

So maybe France is getting it's own exclusive collection.

ishtarchick

wishful thinking: let's hope (not to be mean or anything) that it's only something like the glitter bar event at nordies in the US
tong.gif
because IF mac is releasing a collection of new pigments in counters in only 2 cities.... they're a$$holes.....
finger.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif
there's gonna be mayhem.

and abt' that lipstick, yea it was mexico exclusive but didn't get too much attention eithere here or in other countries, and the girls in live chat didn't know a thing about it, so it is possible that they don't know about the france exclusive one. i used to have a pic of that lippie somewhere in my comp. let me see if i can find it.

ETA here's the pic

270884.jpeg

this was the pic used for the campaign

e_411.jpg

and no, there was no postcard.

depecher

This whole exclusive thing is total and utter insanity! The company sure knows how to put us in a frenzy. I wish they wouldn't do this, but who am I? :laugh:

PrettyinPink

ishtarchick, do you know if that l/s is still available in Mexico? I love love love it and don't know how I can get it?!?!

Miss_Behave

IT'S TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!! I just called the Pro store in Paris and they said it's true, there is an exklusive collection coming out in April!!!!! she didn't know if there were pigments, but I don't care! LOL

Sophia84

Quote:
IT'S TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!! I just called the Pro store in Paris and they said it's true, there is an exklusive collection coming out in April!!!!! she didn't know if there were pigments, but I don't care! LOL

I wish we could bring them here too, since we're in Europe! It should be a europe exclusive IMO!!!

chris

Quote:

You should have asked if they do mail order to Germany and the UK.
smiles.gif

Miss_Behave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia84
I wish we could bring them here too, since we're in Europe! It should be a europe exclusive IMO!!!

yes, that would be so cool! I asked if they send to germany but of course they don't
ssad.gif

cloverette

thank you so much! i'll try to place an order & have it sent to a friend to be forwarded to me
smiles.gif

now i just need to find out what it is that i want/what the collection will include- *lol*

btw- if they do this "free shipping when you spend...", it would be cool to do a collective order, as i probably wouldn't order THAT much & hate paying for shipping
smiles.gif