France Exclusive "MAC LA" Collection

peaudane

HI!
Are you saying he will be doing makeup at the podium in addition to the seminar? What is this seminar? Will he just talk or do makeup or teach or what?

poppy z

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaudane
HI!
Are you saying he will be doing makeup at the podium in addition to the seminar? What is this seminar? Will he just talk or do makeup or teach or what?

I don't know excatly. It's a makeup seminar which explain how to makeup like hollywood star probably. It's during 1h30 so I think it will be sympathic! The seminar is thursday and friday (17-18h30 or 18-19h30). I think he will do the makeup at the podium too

kiwicleopatra

because I really needed another lemming.... Thanks girls
winks.gif

peaudane

I got a flyer from Galeries Lafayette for their LA event. MAC only seems to be a tiny part of it. They are having a show by the Chippenboys, whoever they are! free haircut and color by Maniatis (for a California blonde look), free fake tanning, Harley Davidson rides, electric guitar classes, etc... It all seems very kitchy in my opinion.
All of this leads me to think that the MAC collection will be repromotes. They probably just put something together to participate in the event but I doubt they actually developped special colors for it. Because if they did I think Galeries Lafayette would make a bigger deal about it in their flyer. There is not one single pic of a mac product or look! All the other brands have pics.
I may be wrong. I'll check it out in the first few days and let you know.

MAC_Whore

Thanks for the updates, Paris gals! I appreciate it.
smiles.gif
I am not on that side of the pond anymore, so it isn't easy for me to pop over and get the info myself!

Sorry it isn't a collection with any exclusives.
ssad.gif
It sounds a lot like the idea of the Star Vegas collection that they did in Las Vegas. All repromotes that are meant to capture the essence of the city (LA in this case). Anyway, once again...Merci!

peaudane

I don't know for sure that there won't be any exclusives. It's just my intuition. In any case, I'll keep you informed.

MACGoddess

Quote:
I don't know for sure that there won't be any exclusives. It's just my intuition. In any case, I'll keep you informed.

I agree with you though... If there was going to be a Paris only exclusive collection they would have put out more info about it.

Katgirl625

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Behave
I guess yes, since she checked for me if they send outside of france, so I guess that means yes
smiles.gif

I wonder how far outside of France...ie: the US????

poppy z

Quote:
I got a flyer from Galeries Lafayette for their LA event..

Where did you have that flyer? I don't see anything. I will see on the internet site of the GL

Miss_Behave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katgirl625
I wonder how far outside of France...ie: the US????

they don't send outside france

poppy z

Hey girls!
I've just seen something interesting on the mac pro site (www.macpro.com). In the news you will find informations about a collection "Paris". I don't know excatly if it is about the LA collection. But they speak about pigments, inspirations (by mode and cinema), colors... just see yourself but it's interesting.
I am waiting for the girls who will see the first (in 10 hours) the new collection at galeries lafayettes. I am actually in holiday and I will see the LA collection friday. So put some pics girls!!!!

user2

Omg Did You Read The Last Coloumn?????

To pick up on the trends for matte skin and a barely traceable pop of strong blush, do as Peter Phillips did at Veronique le Roy and pad new Mineralize Skin Finish in Light over the cheeks before applying Sheertone Blush in Rioja - it allows the colour to feather right in for the softest effect.

JesusShaves

POOP.. i was going to go to paris.. but with the news of the riots in the papers ma mare would not let me
ssad.gif

new msfs... buggery!

Wontpayretail23

MAC LA Collection

I just read this on Makeup Alley:

MAC presents their new Summer collection "LA" : all items are about "bronzing" and "metallic".

These new products are :
lipgloss (4 very naturals : beige, transparent, browns)
lipsticks (3 dark colors)
pigments jars (4 : silver, gold, brown/orange and an absolutely beautiful deep purple/brown)
1 black mascara
1 lip liner (beige)

Anyone have more info on this, or pictures by chance? Thanks!

Tira-Misu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wontpayretail23
pigments jars (4 : silver, gold, brown/orange and an absolutely beautiful deep purple/brown)

It sounds like: silver or silver fog, gold or rosegold, pink bronze and deep purple...