Have you ever wanted to kidnap someone, redo their make-up then return them?!

anita22

Someone I know wears Bare Study paint pot on her lids every day (nothing else, just mascara) and it doesn't really suit her - she has mature skin and all the shimmer just emphasises it. I really wish I could sneak into her makeup bag and replace it with something matte. Arrrghhh...

Moxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
i have a friend that ive considered nominating for what not to wear.
shes a sweet/smart girl, but shit. she has NO style. i cant even describe it.

I know someone like that too. She's 20 but looks 15 because of her clothes and no make up. I wish she wouldnt keep asking why she can't get a boyfriend. It's amazing what clothes and a little colour on your face can do.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
My oldest sister has never, yes I said never, plucked her eyebrows. It physically hurts me not to say anything. They are like two fur coats hanging above her lids. OH MY GOD I HATE IT. But, alas, I love her so I don't say anything. Besides, last time I did she basically told me to go to hell.

My poor sister is 12 and looks like Victor Krum if I don't attack her brows periodically *sigh*
I hate that I have to but uh. Yeah. Cro-magnon is not how my baby sister needs to grow up.

Moxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
My poor sister is 12 and looks like Victor Krum

lol.gif
rofl.gif
lmao.gif

Sorry, not laughing at your sis, but at the comparison!
greengrin.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
My oldest sister has never, yes I said never, plucked her eyebrows. It physically hurts me not to say anything. They are like two fur coats hanging above her lids. OH MY GOD I HATE IT. But, alas, I love her so I don't say anything. Besides, last time I did she basically told me to go to hell.

th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif

I hate you!!!

NutMeg

^I have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of people used to say that about me when I was a child. I had monster eyebrows, I cringe when I look at school photos of me back then. Of course I photographed incredibly awkwardly at that age too, so maybe they didn't say I was beautiful.... Lol.

Shimmer

Oh I was horribly awkward at that age, I was a bean pole, I was poor, I was...it was sad.
I still wax her brows when I get the chance.
oh.gif

chocolategoddes

besides redoing bad makeup, has anyone seen someone just so gorgeous that you really want to just play with their face and try every look on them?

there's this girl in my lit class who is so gorgeous, like she could totally be a model, and I daydream about the looks I could do on her.
:/

TamiChoi

ohhh mannn yes i hate those too dark, not matchin' lookin' brows and those oranged caked faces. lol.

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingFrAbsoltion
they just sport a leathery orange face and crappy eyeliner. Even some of the MAC employees here are guilty of that. Yay for living in a fashion dump
thmbdn.gif

Not to be mean, but I've noticed the same thing w/a MAC MA here. Her skin is awful, and it takes a lot away from the looks she wears. I know she probably can't help it though
crybaby.gif

DirtyPlum

LMAO, u guys make me laugh! I have seen the red liner for the brows, the orange faces one too many times!

The thing with me is I just cannot stay quiet, dont panic, I do belive I have tact and am polite with my 'recommendations' on how they can improve.

One that sticks in my mind - a pretty girl walked onto the counter sporting a rather thick powdery layer of (nc15) foundation on her face and LIPS and nothing else.

It looked incredibly scary, hard to describe but she didnt look well and it looked really stark. She had hair extensions that looked totally unnatural, I just couldnt let her walk out with nothing but more foundation.
My colleague was serving her and when she finished I just hijacked her and asked if I could try some blusher on her... she seemed happy enough so I brightened her up with blusher and took the concealer right off her lips and replaced it with Cherry Blossom (coc) lipglass. Fortunately she loved both and bought them...

She did say that she didnt know how to apply the products thats why she never did. Unfortunately, she was back the other day and I didnt see any signs of blusher or lipgloss
ssad.gif

Another one - our beauty department mngr came to our counter whilst we were doing our Saturday look - with a rather blotchy looking foundation and bronzer application. Normally she looks OK. Again I couldnt let her go so I said ''would you like to have the same look as all of us today?"
But she said she was too busy - but it looked pretty bad.

I really struggle on my train journeys where I see some shady MU applications but would never say anything.

Lauren1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey_08
i was on the train yesterday and this girl (im not joking) had filled her brows in with what could only be black eyeliner...and she had drawn them really thickly and too close together and way to long. she had blonde hair and a pale complexion which made it worse...i just wanted to kidnapp her and give her a brow pencil and fill them in properly!

does anyone else think this when they see 'beauty crimes'?! i also feel the same when i see people with a harsh bright pink stripe on each cheek for blusher...just want to get a brush and blend it out lol!

girl hell yes!! lol!!
there's this chick i know that wants to be so super duper glam and her eyeshadow always looked like straight SHIT! i mean seriously! all the wrong colors and in all the wrong areas, absolutely NO blending and the thickest line of black eyeliner you could imagine. i mean straight 1850's french madame lookin'. so horrible. i wanted to wash her damn face for her and just start over her whole life. then her freakin eyebrows look like she's been brushing them against the grain. like she wakes up in the morning, puts each index finger at the end of each eyebrow and just pushes in towards the middle of her forehead............

geez!!!!!!!!!!!

olddcassettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacylynne
grrrrr I can't stand when ppl fill in their eyebrows that looks like they took a sharpie; Mortica Adams. I also can't stand when ppl take a dark brown lipliner & fill in their lips w/ concealer.

I just want to take those ppl home w/ me & teach them.

hahahahaha!!! omg.. my mom does that... i see it everyday and it drives me nuts
lol.gif

i was wearing russian red one day and my mom fell in love with it suddenly...(after she talked crap the first couple times i wore it...) so she wanted to put it on, so i handed her the lipstick. she straight up put brown lip liner and filled in her lips then she looked in the mirror and hated it, im like DUH YOU LOSER.....whoooooooooooooooooooooooo in the world doessssss that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ughghghghghhhh

liz749

actually there was a MAC SA I wanted to do this too today. she was very pretty but had waaaay too much makeup on!

darkorchid

I used to see this girl on my train that was always well put together, looking hot in sexy officewear. Then one day she was RADIOACTIVE ORANGE! The worst spray tan EVER. I mean she was BRIGHT! I thought if that was me I'd be at home scrubbing to get that crap off! I wouldn't go outside looking like that hahahaha

cupcake_x

Yes... Especially girls with "eyebrows" that were drawn on with sharpies or black eyeliner. Awful.

marreyes38

all the time...but then im like..wtf who am i to judge them on their make up when mine looks the way it does...ill admit i have gotten a lot better but its still got a long ways to go.

Calhoune

I don't see as many make up crimes now in high school except for the occasional emo that went bananas with their eyeliner. But when I was in 8th and 9th grade... oh man.

That was the period where girls first started experimenting with makeup so I can't hold it against them, they were newbies BUT WOW.
There was this look going on the we call "fjortis" that can basically be translated as brat.
Orange foundation or fake tan, dark red or bright pink blush in stripes, white lips, LOTS of super shimmery eyeshadow all over and heavily in the inner corner of the eyes then oodles of black eyeliner and I swear they must use a whole tube of mascara each morning SPIDER LASHES like nothing else.

*shudders* ontop of that add yellow, not blonde, super cheap extensions.