Have you ever wanted to kidnap someone, redo their make-up then return them?!

abbey_08

euuuuw WHITE lip and an ORANGE face?! schexaynesss!!!! i used to have a friend a few years back that lined her lips with blue eyeliner in school then denied it...after i watched her do it lol.

i hate unblended blusher! blush is sposed to make you look flushed and highlight cheekbones not look like stripes...or even worse the really obvious bright pink blush circles!!! gah!!

pink_lily002

Okay, someone's comment earlier about seeing a girl who had a horrible orange spray tan made me think of this (rather embarrassing for me) story.....about two years ago, I briefly worked in a tanning salon. Of course we got free tans each month, and that included the spray tanning booth. I had never done it before, so I asked the other girl who was working to set up the booth for me and I went right in. I got the level 2 tan, which turned me ORANGE. Should have done the level 1, but I didn't know that until 4 hours later when I finally turned orange.....and met my district manager for the very first time at my retail management job! The first thing he said to me after shaking my hand was "Wow, you tan a lot, huh?" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I felt like such a dumbass and promptly went home to scrub that crap off my skin!

As for wanting to kidnap someone and re-do their make-up.....ooooooooooooh yes. I see some pretty horrendous make-up on some of the customers at my job, but the worst is actually one of my sales associates! She's so super duper cute and loves to play with colors, but her blending is awful and she always takes the shape up too high and out to the sides too far. I just want to come in one day with my Vanilla shadow and go "Here, honey, BLENNNNNNNNNNNNND"

abbey_08

lol i really want to just go around with 50 blending brushes and scream "BLEND YOUR EYES/CHEEKS" at them all!!! lol

mona lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by arielle123
iagree.gif

I wish somebody would kidnap me and give me a makeover!

mac_pigment.gif

Me too!

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by arielle123
iagree.gif

I wish somebody would kidnap me and give me a makeover!

mac_pigment.gif

Be careful what you wish for.....A MA came to the salon and did makeovers on myself and a coworker....My GOD! We looked like 2 drag queens. I did, however, feel good knowing that I was doing my own looks correctly.

hgb124

I work in a pretty conservative office environment so I have to tone down my makeup (which is a shame bc I like wearing bright e/s or lip colors). Anyways, there have been soOooOo many times when I look around the women in a meeting and start doing "mental makeovers" LOL like..."hmmm this one REALLY needs some under eye concealer and this one would like great if she groomed her eyebrows a bit..." HAHAHAHA shows how much I pay attention at those meetings...

-moonflower-

There's a friend of mine that I would love to kidnap and do her makeup for her.

She wears the exact same thing every single day, and has done for years. Foundation, slightly too dark and needing to be blended into the neck and hairline a bit more, pressed powder, smooshed on with the sponge applicator in there, cheap cream concealer that just makes her blemishes noticable, bronzer all over the face and neck, just a small bit thankfully, a thin line of black pencil liner all the way around her eyes, black mascara and beige lipstick.
Never any blush, never and contouring or highlighting, never any eyeshadow, never any variation at all!!
It's not even that her makeup is that bad, although it is a bit masklike, it's just that it's always the exact same.

I did get to put blusher on her a few weeks ago though, which was nice. She looked so much healthier! She was terrified that I'd make her look like a clown though, which makes me wonder if maybe I wear too much blusher??

ILoveMacMakeup

OMG, I can totally relate to this. When I went to vote, there was an older lady getting everyone's info. She had the most horrible caked on foundation, shades too dark and almost red tinted. You could see it creasing in the lines of her face. And to make it worse, she had drawn on her eyebrows with the most horrible black pencil. Ewwww
nonono.gif

DollyGirl92

Yes! this is a common feeling for me.
At my college, girls love there orange foundation, all over there face inc. lips. thin, thin brows, BRIGHT pink blush, and just there eyes rimmed in black, completely, with some insane bright frosty shadow. it's quite scary.

Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcake_x
Yes... Especially girls with "eyebrows" that were drawn on with sharpies or black eyeliner. Awful.

OMFG that made me laugh - my bf and I have this running joke - we call them ANGRY eyebrows. And we actually say ANGRY with an angry voice and furl our brows as much as possible into a mean face LMAO!

This girl who worked at a deli close to where I used to go for lunch had "angry eyebrows". She was pretty pale and it seriously looked like she used a marker to draw them on! Scary!

I work in customer service so I see a lot of people who's make-up skills are somewhat lacking. I never say anything though - you just keep the comments in your head
smiles.gif

InspiredBlue

Yes! This girl:
YouTube - mogis.se

She has a fairly successful blog, and could obviously afford to get a MA to teach her some tricks, but she is simply painting herself brown with way to too dark mineral foundation. It looks awful in pictures.

greengoesmoo

9 out of 10 teenaged goths I see make me feel this way.
Especially the ones with little inverted crosses scrawled on thier cheeks/eyeliner extention.
They do my fucking nut in!!
My town has a large community of them, and I grimace when walking past certain "hangout spots" because of the amount poorly applied white pancake and black lipstick.

IF IF IF IF!!!!! they bothered to learn to blend properly I wouldn't want to kidnap, scrub and repaint them!!

There is one specific culprit I feel nausious looking at! He's at least 20! and he has no concept of a steady hand!

Also they give the rest of us palefaces with dark make up a damned bad name!!

It's the mess they make, not thier style that gets me!

obscuria

I love the title of this thread.

I've never gotten to the point where I actually wanted to help them. I just get the "are you serious" thoughts going on in my head.

I saw some woman the other day using her red lipstick as her lipstick, blush, and eye shadow. Just...no.

greengoesmoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuria
I love the title of this thread.

I've never gotten to the point where I actually wanted to help them. I just get the "are you serious" thoughts going on in my head.

I saw some woman the other day using her red lipstick as her lipstick, blush, and eye shadow. Just...no.

... the *same* lipstick? Wtf?

I am all for making make up multi purpose but damn!!!

obscuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengoesmoo
... the *same* lipstick? Wtf?

I am all for making make up multi purpose but damn!!!

Yes.

and when it came to the eyeshadow portion she just rubbed it on. So it's not like she diffused it and it turned a nice pink color...it was red. She looked like a vampire melting when exposed to too much light .

I also saw some lady today. Her blush looked like it was rolled on with a paint roller. The harsh line across her cheekbone was very upsetting to me.
lol.gif

LMD84

ok usually i am never this nasty! however yesterday i was served by a lady in boots with truely terrible make up! she had a dark blue all over her lid, the from lid to brow a lilac colour! no blending.... the colours didn't even go that well together! and why would you want lilac from crease to brow! i wanted to wipe it off her!

Boasorte

Hey hey hey now! I use a black liquid eyeliner for my eyebrows!!!! I think they look mighty purty
On the other hand, if I see one more girl on the train with crazy long fake eyelashes, and that darn white eyeliner, I"m gonna scream!

lilithbloody

Maybe I'm no the most indicated person to talk about make up crimes but..

I went shopping last wednesday and there was a girl working at a clothes' shop that used liquid eyeliner as an eyeshadow. ok, this can be seen very often and I have to admit that I've also used liquid eyeliner as an eyeshadow (blending it upwards) but this girl applied it all over the lid except of the inner third.. I'm not good at words, so here you are:

The funny thing is that I see this as a make up crime but I find it very creative at the same time. I think this shape could be a good starting to a great artistic make-up

PinkBasset

I have experiences too with the orange-faced-ladies. Oh gosh, I did once my friend's make up and she was pleased with the results, except she thought I was too subtle with the bronzer. So she took out her own bronzer and spread it with a spondge all over her face, a nice good thick layer. I was shocked, even though I know this is how she does her face always. For all evening I hoped she wouldn't tell anyone I did her makeup 'cause then everybody would've thought I went crazy with the orange powder...Sometimes she realizes that she might've used a bit too much bronzer when she sees a picture of herself being light skinned with dark orange muddy face, but it's the same after that. She could improve much if she stopped applying her make up in a dark bar with no lights...But she's so funny, so the make up will do no harm! And I think she might have just enough sense of humor to laugh to all that orangyness!
greengrin.gif

Then I have a friend that always tells me she knows nothing about make up and would like to learn. When she asks for advice and I recommend something politely, she always turns it down. Now I just ignore the horror she does - very _very_ dry skin with super matte heavy, full coverage foundation with so much blot powder on top the skin looks like it's going to crack any minute! It's awful! I have never told anybody if one's make up is bad, I only recommend something if one asks me for advice, not point out directly what is so wrong. But in this case I have lost my hope. She doesn't understand what is the difference between oily/dewy/dry/greasy etc. Anything light reflecting to her is the same thing one has a oily/greasy skin. On top of this she over plucks her eyebrows to very thin and very angry looking style and she hints that my brows are hideous because they are thicker than 1 millimetre (0.04 inches). But I guess I just have to let it be if that is what she wants.

More about brows that I see alot - bushy, never groomed full brows that are very light brown shade to almost white and then a harsh, straight and very thin line with liquid/other black eyeliner across. I mean - wtf?

Sometimes it would be so nice to help out someone that is obviously clueless what comes to makeup, but I always shut up and say nothing. I don't know which is worse - saying something or keeping it to myself. Luckily makeup is harmless and no one gets hurt if I keep my thoughts to myself.
smiles.gif
But oh boy it was therapeutic to rant this here!
lol.gif