Have you ever wanted to kidnap someone, redo their make-up then return them?!

greengoesmoo

This is a good show of what I hate most:
The blocky shadow, and the eyeliner. The disturbingly poor eyeliner. :| I actually feel slightly angry seeing eyeliner like that.

That is what makes me want to scrub a girls' face clean. (Took me ages to find a worthy pic! The girl is a friend of mine who didn't mind me using an old picture of her to show a point (She's 9 yrs older and more skilled now btw) )

18147_380911030566_644390566_102440.jpg

Vlcatko

I have a colleague at work who drives me nuts with her spidery clumped lashes. She has amazing lashes - long and naturally curved sky-high BUT the amount of mascara she puts on them just bothers me... Plus yesterday I learned from her she CUTS her eyelashes because "they are too long"
WTF2.gif
I mean who in their right mind would do that?
ssad.gif

Now that I think about it, there are quite a few "culprits" at my working place
lol.gif
This other coworker puts very dark shadow/liner UNDER her bottom lashes ONLY and no mascara. She is somewhat older and by lunchtime the color is everywhere under her eye in the fine lines and she looks like she's been weeping tar
thmbdn.gif

Zephyra

I'm pretty good at ignoring the odd makeup of others on the street...who am I to judge, right? I wore my fare share of *way too much, poorly applied* black eyeliner and *way too many, poorly applied* sparkles as a teenage "goth", and in time, I learned.

With friends, it's different. I am a scientist and a fairly closeted makeup addict--I don't wear it out with my friends all that much. When there is a special event, however....it just pains me to watch our group getting ready.

Here is the one that particularly gets me: Someone will pick up a tube of lipstick in whatever color, bounce it off their top and bottom lips a few times, smoosh their lips together, and then look at me, smile, and say, "How do I look?" They look about like they had their lipstick applied by a well-intentioned five-year old. (The mean age of our group is 30!)

I just don't know what to say. It's not magic fairy dust! I love my friends, but they would definitely look better without the weird smears of reddish lipstick smooshed randomly on their lips. It's patchy. It bleeds. Frequently, it doesn't suit their complexion or work with the rest of their laid-back, natural style. (Usually, it's the only tube of lipstick they own, and it was the "hot" color from 5 years ago, gifted by their crazy aunt who used to sell Mary Kay, or something like that.) I want to give them a nice, nude lip liner and an easy-to-work with, neutral, glaze lipstick and let them know that it WOULD look great (and could be easy and natural too!), if only they took a little care with the application.

It feels like we're too old to go back through that phase of experimenting with makeup and learning techniques and I feel awkward bringing it up to them. I would LOVE to make them over and say, "Here, this is how it's SUPPOSED to look," though.

snowflakelashes

Not really, I mostly just notice when people ASK me what I think. And then its usually close friends so I help them touch up or offer honest suggestions. I EXPECT them to do the same for me. I'm sort of oblivious though, most people don't wear much makeup where I live. I'm probably one of the people with the boldest wackiest makeup in my town that is out of high school :-D

toxicglitter

i see women everyday that could use a little help. they dont do anything crazy like some people you've seen. usually when i see it, its the older women that are between 50-70:
eyeshadow that has faded and creased like crazy, in a color that doesnt suit them and is waaayyy to shimmery for their age and emphasizes the wrinkles and fine lines
wayyy too harsh & dark eyeliner and you can tell they didnt take their time to do it, and it looks bad on their lower lashline with most of it melting and smudging away....kind of scary
other than that on other women, not like its their fault or anything, or their makeup looks horrible, but i always want to tell people to use a shadow primer and a better staying eyeliner because a lot of the time (especially when im waxing, because their eyes are closed) i see that their shadow is oily & creased like hell, and they have a black ring around their lid because their eyeliner has transfered into their crease.

ive also seen the masks & orange faces, whether its from foundation, tanning wayyy to much, putting waayyyy too much bronzer on, or fake tans.
everyone tells me i should go tanning a bit but im fine with my fair skin. i get a lot of compliments from skincare people and makeup counters. ...my friends dont understand, i guess.
oh well.

OHYA! i also forgot to mention that i see this girl almost every morning when i get my coffee at DunkinDonuts and cringe everytime i see her because all she wears is the streak of stark white eyeliner on her top lid. i dont even think she wears mascara or anything either! even if she did....WTF?!!!! it looks terrible. shes a nice girl and all but.........come on....... i knew a girl that did the same thing everyday from 7th grade all the way until she graduated from highschool.