How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilSphinx

Please read:
I have had people comment that I need to style my brows. I have done as much styling as I care to, the result is in this first FotD. I like my eyebrows the way they are. I like being an individual and don't feel the need to make myself look like everyone else on here, even if it is just my eyebrows.
-Same thing with black e/l. I've noticed that alot of people wear the same 'winged' black e/l. I don't care to. I like my 'look'.
*Unfortunately, this seems to get me less comments on here, which is sad. We should all be judged by our individuality, not by how much we look like everyone else.

This look was from a few nights ago. Was just running out for some late night grocery shopping nearby. No primer on my eyes, just a quick run, didn't want to waste product.

100_8992.jpg

100_8991.jpg

100_8994.jpg

100_8999.jpg

What I'm wearing:

Face:
*Physician's Formula Concealer
*Translucent Cornsilk Foundation "Creamy Natural" -Sallyhansen

Eyes:
*CG "Tapestry Taupe" (lid)
*MAC "Plum Pudding" (crease)
*NYX "Gypsy"(outer corners)
*Jane "It's a Girl" (highlight/inner corners)
*Almay "Raisin Quartz" e/l pencil (upper lid)
*Revlon "Pure Pearl" e/l (waterline /inner corner)
*CG 'Exacteyelight' "Black Ruby" mascara

Lips:
*Avon "Cherry Flip" l/s

Another look I did a week ago for another late night grocery shopping trip. I was tired as it was late. I think these were taken after I got back.
-I didn't use any primer on my eyes since I wasn't going to be out long and didn't want to waste any product.

100_8825.jpg

100_8817.jpg

100_8806.jpg

What I'm wearing:

Face:
*Physician's Formula Concealer
*CG 'Simply Powder' Foundation

Eyes:
*Rimmel 'Shake It Up' "Ab Fab" (lower lid)
*MAC "Violet" p/m (crease)
*Victoria Secret 'beauty RUSH' "Tons O' Plum" (crease)
*Maybelline 'Expert Wear' "Amethyst" (outer edge of crease)
*Milani "Moonlight" (highlight/inner corners)
*Milani "Purple" e/l (lower lash line)
*Maybelline "Blackest Black" mascara

And a 'look' I was playing around with from a few years ago:

100_1623.jpg

What I 'think' I was wearing:

Face:
*Probably my fave CG 'Simply Powder' Foundation

Eyes:
*Maybelline 'ExpertEye' "Night Sky" e/s
*some shimmery dark blue liquid e/l
*glitter
*N.Y.C. black pencil e/l

Thank you to those who have decided to leave me comments, not only on this post but for those in the past, too. I look at 'every' new FotD post on this forum and leave comments for most.

enigmaticpheo

Pretty pretty looks! I love how the eyes in the first one coordinate perfectly with the lips. like makeup fate! and the last eyes are so stunning.

IDontKnowMomo

I actually like your brows quite a bit in the first fotd, and the last eye look is my favorite out of this post.

It makes me a little sad to hear that you the ammount of comments you get can be disappointing for you. In my opinion its better to get feedback and read what people say, rather than just look at the numbers. I also don't think that your eyebrows or liner would be a reason that people don't comment your looks. I've noticed that the people with the most unique looks here on Specktra tend to get more comments, but maybe I'm wrong. :shrug:

LilSphinx

I understand what you're saying, but it's incredibly disappointing and discouraging when I post and get very few people commenting, especially in comparison to others.
ssad.gif

-I honestly feel like, regardless of the 'look', some people get more comments than others because they are more well known. That's not really fair to the rest of us, especially if we're new.

It's not a numbers thing for me, I just would appreciate it if more people would actually comment, you know?

And unfortunately, I think people touting the same 'looks' get more comments than others. And some people get more views and comments because they have alot of friends on here, etc.

I've posted several looks since I've joined on here and been very disappointed by the small number of comments I get. We all post our pics. for the compliments and CC's. No one is posting just to post, we want feedback, we want that compliment to help our egos, etc. We all know it. So yeah, it's upsetting when you post something you think you did well at and hardly anyone has commented on it, let alone actually 'looked' at it.
ssad.gif

Thanks very much for your comment, by the way.
smiles.gif

IDontKnowMomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilSphinx
I understand what you're saying, but it's incredibly disappointing and discouraging when I post and get very few people commenting, especially in comparison to others.
ssad.gif

-I honestly feel like, regardless of the 'look', some people get more comments than others because they are more well known. That's not really fair to the rest of us, especially if we're new.

It's not a numbers thing for me, I just would appreciate it if more people would actually comment, you know?

And unfortunately, I think people touting the same 'looks' get more comments than others. And some people get more views and comments because they have alot of friends on here, etc.

I've posted several looks since I've joined on here and been very disappointed by the small number of comments I get. We all post our pics. for the compliments and CC's. No one is posting just to post, we want feedback, we want that compliment to help our egos, etc. We all know it. So yeah, it's upsetting when you post something you think you did well at and hardly anyone has commented on it, let alone actually 'looked' at it.
ssad.gif

Thanks very much for your comment, by the way.
smiles.gif

I agree that popularity may have something to do with the amount of feedback, but that's just something that one can never get around. If somebody is active around the forum, people will recognise their name and look at their fotds and comment. I try to look at all fotds but I have a lot of free time on my hands.
Idk, maybe I'm being biased by defending Specktra since I love it so much, but I really don't think that the users on here judge people too harshly. I think that the people who post regularly that you can tell are practicing are getting about the same amount feedback and views as the super skilled members.
The only complaint I have with the general feedback on fotds here on Specktra is that I with there was more constructive criticism being handed out. It kind of seems as if people feel that they will come off as rude if they give any. I personally love hearing what people think I could change to better my makeup!

Oh, and I'd like to say that I'm glad that even though you aren't as satisfied with feedback, you still keep posting
smiles.gif

LilSphinx

I like Specktra and am not attacking it all, I come here every day and check out all the FotD's and "shop" through the Haul and Stash forums, etc. I've gotten a lot of great ideas and info. from the members of this site and I intend to keep coming back for as long as I'm interested in makeup.
smiles.gif

-I just wish it didn't feel like such a Clique in here sometimes(I'm not the only one who feels this way, either). Nothing personal to anyone, honestly. Like I said, it's discouraging to post and not get many comments. I recently spent 3 hours on a fantasy peacock look and was really appalled at how few comments I got on it, let alone views.
ssad.gif

I know what you mean. Too many people on here are just too shy or afraid to give CC's and that's sad, especially when the O.P. is asking for them. A friend of mine had posted a couple FotD posts in which she'd requested CC's, but hardly anyone was willing to say anything. She was very frustrated over that and has since stopped posting. She also felt discouraged by the lack of replies to her posts.

I know what you mean about the more well-known people getting more attention...I just wish everyone would give all the posts a chance. Like I said, I look at 'every' FotD post, regardless of who it's by. I comment if I like the look or have some CC to offer, but if I honestly have nothing good to say, and can't think of any advice to offer, or if I've offered advice and that person has chosen to ignore it, then I just don't comment at all.

Thanks again for your comment and compliment on my FotD.
smiles.gif

darkishstar

It does have to do a lot with how well known you are on the forums I think. Because if you have a friend IRL who just got her hair done, who's most likely to comment? Her friends or the people who know her right? It might seem unfair, but I think that's how it works around here. And if a look is well made, despite looking the "same" it's still going to get praised, I mean, if it's not broken, don't fix it right?

For being new it is hard, I know when I first started posting FOTDs I got less comments in general than I do now. One think I want more than number of posts though is constructive criticism, which I HAVE gotten, that has definitely help me improve in my make-up.

That being said! I do like your eyebrows, I think you would benefit from filling in your brows though, it would help pull your look together more. And the blue in the last look is absolutely gorgeous.
smiles.gif

Fataliya

I think your brows look fine, actually. Could be worse, you could wind up WAY overplucked like I did, and then they don't grow back in.

Diff'rent Strokes for diff'rent folks!

ETA: Forgot to say, the last look is fierce and I love it!!! I tend to gravitate towards darker more "intense" looks now, whereas, I used to only wear brown. Every day, brown.

Asela88

very pretty..I really like the last one..and I love the fact that u use drug store makeup also..shows you dont need all the expensive stuff for your makeup to look good

jenee.sum

aw, i know what you mean. when i come on here, and i have time, i try to look through all the FOTDs. if im in a rush, i'll scrowl down and try to catch a title that is catchy or with colors i like. i also think there isn't enough CC given around here, but it just could be that ppl DO actually love your look and find no reason to give CC, and not that they are shy. Some ppl who do lighter more natural looks may also not like a CC given that tells her to wing the liner to make it more dramatic, cuz it might sound like the CC is trying to tell her to do her makeup like everyone else. right? each to their own individuality and style! sometimes i only look and not comment (even if i love it) cuz i'm so busy but just cannottttt get specktra outta my life. lol

i'm sorry you feel that way, but i think everyone around here is really respectful and supportive. unfortunately, sometimes you just can't get around it, just like how we cannot ever get around the fact that our society is a very superficial and judgemental one. if you walked around with one tooth, what are the chances of you getting a job? meanwhile, it could just be that you had lost your job, and as a result lost ur dental benefits (cuz u have a condition that causes very soft teeth), and now u've lost all of your teeth. you cannot judge a book by its cover, but a lot of ppl do. which is sad. sometimes i do it too, and i don't mean to, and i know it's not fair. but i'm not perfect, but i grow and i try to become a better person each day.

sorry to turn this FOTD into a discussion about CCs/feedback >.<, that being said...

i think everyone's eyebrows makes them who they are. sometimes i think ppl wear thicker eyebrows better, and it gives them personality in their own look. i think u wear thicker eyebrows wonderfully. purples looks really good on you! have you ever thought of wearing purple mascara? (a little wild i know!) i think that'll bring out your green eyes a lot! my boss does it, and it's beautiful!

EDIT:

i also LOOOOVED ur "The eyes of argus" look! it was so dramatic, creative and beautiful! even though i didn't comment, i still loved it!! so just so you know....the # of replies/feedback you get does not determine how good your makeup is or if ppl like it!
smiles.gif

hope you keep posting!
my looks have neverrr been perfect, and by practicing and posting, and looking at FOTDs, i improved a lot! but still not perfect! lol so keep doing what you do!

Khalia25

Your eyebrows loook REALLY good in the first picture!! I like how you pretty much kept their natural shape by just grooming them a little. The "a little goes a long way" cliche definitely applies here. They suit you very well!!

LoveMakeup4Real

I think you look great! I really like your fotd's. I noticed your brows on your previous FOTDs and I always liked the fact that you do not have them thin & butchered like I've seen a lot of girls in my town with. It's a breath of fresh air seeing your thick groomed brows lol. Mine aren't too thin either and I prefer it that way; I can't stand e/l brows, shave it off just to draw it back on really baffles me
th_dunno.gif
I like your individuality! I've seen your past works and I think you're truly talented. Don't care much about the views and comments on here, I'm still pretty new here myself and sometimes I just don't care to comment on someone's FOTD if it does not excite me ha. But there will always be a popularity thing going on in every website, even in real life! So it does not surprise me. It's just silly human nature to form a clique. Just continue being you and keep posting your beautiful pictures, I really appreciate and enjoy them!

Krasevayadancer

I understand how frustrating it can be to not have any comments on looks that you put effort into. That is why I comment on all the fotds daily, because I post them myself and I know how it feels not to have that many comments.

That said, i really like all your looks and I think the mask look before was awesome. Out of these looks, the last one is my fav. Dark colors make your eyes pop

chiquilla_loca

your looks are very natural & pretty! i mean you are just grocery shopping
greengrin.gif

really like the blue in last pic

a lot of times i go thru the fotd's so quickly and don't comment, doesn't mean i don't enjoy them. i'm always looking for inspiration
th_wink3.gif

KittieSparkles

I am one of those that does not post comments very often. It is not because I do not like the look, or the person is not popular, is because most times when I come on here I am at work and I very quickly try to look at all the looks I can in the shortest amount of time.

I personally think there are many talented ladies and guys on here and wish I can comment on them all but it is just not possible. So what I try to do is click the "thanks" button as a form of acknowledging their post and saying thank you.

I know it takes time not only to do these looks but also to post them. It also takes courage to put your pictures out on display for people to comment on. One that I lack (I only posted one Fotd a year ago).

I like your fotd's and I like your eyebrows, I wish mine looked that good. but then I like fuller eyebrows as long as they are neat (I have seen people with full eyebrows that do not comb them so they look like crazy spider legs. Is like not combing the hair on your head and walking around with bed head).

As for the looks above, I love how purples look on you. It makes your eyes so bright. The third look is fantastic. I love blues, I wish I could rock blue like you did on that look.

n_c

I like your brows, they suit you. You are right, ppl shouldn't be afraid or shy to give cc.

Kiyishima

I don't think people suggesting things about your brows or eyeliner want you to look lik a clone of everyone else. It just so happens to look good, and they want to help you out. If you were worried about looking like everyone else, you might as well not wear make up at all, seeing as we all wear it too.
I'm not trying to attack you, but I feel you take that CC too hard. I personally love your posts. I'm new here too, and thought you were well known, because you leave feedback on everyone. I will admit, sometiems I don't leave a comment, but that doesn't mean no one looked. I look at all your posts, its just sometimes I don't know what to say, since its all been said before I got to it.

I agree, in real life it would be the same, your friends would comment the most, it would be hard to just walk into a room and say HEY EVERYONE TELL ME HOW YOU LIKE MY MAKE UP.

and my favorite is the last look. Its just so intense, it pulls you in :]

blackeneddove

Wellll I don't have to read everyone's responses but here's my 2 cents before I go to school.
I think that people comment on your brows because they have very little arch. Your brows are thick, embrace it! Mine have always been wonky and sparse in random spots so I think you're lucky to have brows like yours. You have enough eyebrow hairs to pluck them any shape you want! I'm personally jealous. And if you like them the way they are, that's fine too. Listen to your own opinion, not others. Embrace what YOU like. If people give CC they're just trying to help, you're not obliged to agree with them though.
Also.. coming from someone who does winged black liner everyday.. I'm big on eyeliner. I pay attention to it in FOTDs. And I'm under the impression that not alot of people do that cat-eye liner? Maybe I'm missing something? But I can tell you that it opens your eyes up so if you have eyes the size of m&m's like me (ok, I'm exagerating) than it makes them look bigger.
BUT I agree, the more well-known posters get more comments, etc. But who cares? I think you're beautiful and I know other people do, so don't sweat it. Keep doing what you're doing.
Annnnd that is all I have time for
smiles.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.