How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kattybadatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackeneddove
Wellll I don't have to read everyone's responses but here's my 2 cents before I go to school.
I think that people comment on your brows because they have very little arch. Your brows are thick, embrace it! Mine have always been wonky and sparse in random spots so I think you're lucky to have brows like yours. You have enough eyebrow hairs to pluck them any shape you want! I'm personally jealous. And if you like them the way they are, that's fine too. Listen to your own opinion, not others. Embrace what YOU like. If people give CC they're just trying to help, you're not obliged to agree with them though.
Also.. coming from someone who does winged black liner everyday.. I'm big on eyeliner. I pay attention to it in FOTDs. And I'm under the impression that not alot of people do that cat-eye liner? Maybe I'm missing something? But I can tell you that it opens your eyes up so if you have eyes the size of m&m's like me (ok, I'm exagerating) than it makes them look bigger.
BUT I agree, the more well-known posters get more comments, etc. But who cares? I think you're beautiful and I know other people do, so don't sweat it. Keep doing what you're doing.
Annnnd that is all I have time for
smiles.gif

I agree. If you have something you are GOOD at, them embrace it and flaunt it. If you love your eyebrows the way they are, then KEEP them that way! Same with modeling... Do you know how many people told Cindy Crawford that she should get rid of her mole? A LOT! And instead, she trademarked it and made it her own thing! And I agree that I am jealous of your brows because there is SO much you can do with them! Don't be afraid to step outside the box and try something new with them. They WILL always grow back!
People that like thick eyebrows will automatically comment on your photos telling you so. Just like people who like winged eye liner will comment on those people they feel do winged eyeliner REALLY well. I love blending, and I think you have great blending! I love my crazy tranny brows and lashes... so people that love that, will comment! That's just kinda how it works. SO what ever you're good at, keep doing it! Comments are coming your way girl!
greengrin.gif

Efionawade

You said:
Please read:
I have had people comment that I need to style my brows. I have done as much styling as I care to, the result is in this first FotD. I like my eyebrows the way they are. I like being an individual and don't feel the need to make myself look like everyone else on here, even if it is just my eyebrows.
-Same thing with black e/l. I've noticed that alot of people wear the same 'winged' black e/l. I don't care to. I like my 'look'.
*Unfortunately, this seems to get me less comments on here, which is sad. We should all be judged by our individuality, not by how much we look like everyone else.

I say:

I think that you have the constructive criticism a little bit confused with people trying to conform you to make you look like "everyone else on here".

Personally, I would fill in your eyebrows, not to make you look like everyone else, but to just enhance what you've got. It's all about what would make you look -best-! In my opinion, eyebrows make or break a face, and if you filled yours in very softly they would look great!

And you don't have to wear the same winged black eyeliner as everyone else, there are other ways to frame your eyes as well. Maybe it's the shape of your shadow, maybe it's the lack of any liner as all, but in my eyes the look isn't as finished as it -could- be! It's cute for simplicity, though.

Again, it's not about trying to make you "conform", it's about trying to help you enhance what you've got!

blazeno.8

I love your look and always have. I always look at your posts when you post, but I'm usually pressed when it comes to saying something unique that other people won't say too.

MACATTAK

I used to comment a lot on here about people's looks, but I don't have the time I used to. I still look around at FOTD's, and try to keep up. I have seen yours before & think you have amazing skin & eyes. I like your looks.

However, I do agree with the others that say that filling in (not shaping) your brows with a powder or pencil would enhance your looks. I also see that on most (if not all) your posts, you are asking for CC, as well as giving CC to others. CC is sometimes a hard thing to do. A lot of people ask for it, but then it ends up upsetting them.

Also, I'm having a hard time with this statement that you made: Quote:
but if I honestly have nothing good to say, and can't think of any advice to offer, or if I've offered advice and that person has chosen to ignore it, then I just don't comment at all.

I feel that every FOTD has something good to offer, and you can find at least 1 great focal point to it, and comment on that. Also, maybe some feel that you have have chosen to ignore their CC, and like what you said you do, just decide not to comment anymore?

In any case, it does take all levels of skill to make up Spectra, and your contributions are not unnoticed or ignored. I have noticed that in general, it seems that commenting on ANY FOTD'S has seemed to have gone down from what they used to be.

sn0wbunnie

As one pale blonde to another, I know what you're saying about the brows. Mine are white, as are my lashes, and I never pluck anymore and very rarely do I fill them in. Honestly, we don't have to all the time because it's just the nature of our colouring.

I really enjoy your looks, they're bright and lively without being overwhelming... You remind me of a fantasy character!

sharkbytes

Great job..we have a similar eye color, and I love using reds/berry tones to enhance them. And the last look is especially killer~

SoupyGeorge

I like your looks, I just hardly ever comment on anything. And you getting mad because people rarely comment, but then taking their CONSTRUCTIVE criticism as just people trying to conform you seems a little dumb. If you don't like how people do their makeup on here(you pretty much said everyone was doing the same stuff) then why are you here? But there's no need to get angry because people made one suggestion. And you're kind of making it sound like you're insulting everyone else with the eye liner comment. Like you're calling everyone generic or something.

Sounds meaner than it was meant, but you can't convey stuff as easily on the internet, so don't get angry over this.

And also, by people commenting on your brows, they aren't telling you to change them up 100%. You don't tweeze and fill in brows to change your looks, you do it merely to enhance them.

LilSphinx

Soupy George:

I wasn't angry or mad when I wrote what I wrote at the beginning of my post. So far, you've come off as the only angry post in reply to what I had to say.
-I'm actually surprised by your apparent anger and confused. You seem to be taking this personally and I wasn't referring to any 'one' person in particular.

I also wasn't trying to insult anyone, either. I'm sorry you've taken it that way.
ssad.gif

I come here 'cause I do enjoy seeing the FotD's, Haul posts, shared info./advice, etc.

I was disappointed by the lack of comments, yes. I didn't take well to the comments on my brows because almost everyone on here has nearly painted on or filled in brows and I was getting the feeling that to be accepted here I'd have to conform and follow the same 'look'. Same thing with the e/l 'look'. -Neither of which am I willing to do.

Thank you for your comment.

LilSphinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asela88
very pretty..I really like the last one..and I love the fact that u use drug store makeup also..shows you dont need all the expensive stuff for your makeup to look good

Thank you!! I have found so many really cool m/u products at WalMart and various drug stores. And I've got some drug store items that look like exact dupes for some HE brand products. Don't see the point in spending the extra money for the same effect, you know?
smiles.gif

Thanks again!
greengrin.gif

LilSphinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenee.sum
aw, i know what you mean. when i come on here, and i have time, i try to look through all the FOTDs. if im in a rush, i'll scrowl down and try to catch a title that is catchy or with colors i like. i also think there isn't enough CC given around here, but it just could be that ppl DO actually love your look and find no reason to give CC, and not that they are shy. Some ppl who do lighter more natural looks may also not like a CC given that tells her to wing the liner to make it more dramatic, cuz it might sound like the CC is trying to tell her to do her makeup like everyone else. right? each to their own individuality and style! sometimes i only look and not comment (even if i love it) cuz i'm so busy but just cannottttt get specktra outta my life. lol

i'm sorry you feel that way, but i think everyone around here is really respectful and supportive. unfortunately, sometimes you just can't get around it, just like how we cannot ever get around the fact that our society is a very superficial and judgemental one. if you walked around with one tooth, what are the chances of you getting a job? meanwhile, it could just be that you had lost your job, and as a result lost ur dental benefits (cuz u have a condition that causes very soft teeth), and now u've lost all of your teeth. you cannot judge a book by its cover, but a lot of ppl do. which is sad. sometimes i do it too, and i don't mean to, and i know it's not fair. but i'm not perfect, but i grow and i try to become a better person each day.

sorry to turn this FOTD into a discussion about CCs/feedback >.<, that being said...

i think everyone's eyebrows makes them who they are. sometimes i think ppl wear thicker eyebrows better, and it gives them personality in their own look. i think u wear thicker eyebrows wonderfully. purples looks really good on you! have you ever thought of wearing purple mascara? (a little wild i know!) i think that'll bring out your green eyes a lot! my boss does it, and it's beautiful!

EDIT:

i also LOOOOVED ur "The eyes of argus" look! it was so dramatic, creative and beautiful! even though i didn't comment, i still loved it!! so just so you know....the # of replies/feedback you get does not determine how good your makeup is or if ppl like it!
smiles.gif

hope you keep posting!
my looks have neverrr been perfect, and by practicing and posting, and looking at FOTDs, i improved a lot! but still not perfect! lol so keep doing what you do!

-What kind of purple mascara does your boss wear? (brand)

I've tried this purple mascara from beautyRUSH by Victoria's Secret, and you can't tell it's purple once it's on my lashes, unfortunately. The only other purple mascara I've ever seen was a bright shade from jane some years back....but it was 'way' too bright.
ssad.gif

Thanks!
smiles.gif

jenee.sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilSphinx
-What kind of purple mascara does your boss wear? (brand)

I've tried this purple mascara from beautyRUSH by Victoria's Secret, and you can't tell it's purple once it's on my lashes, unfortunately. The only other purple mascara I've ever seen was a bright shade from jane some years back....but it was 'way' too bright.
ssad.gif

Thanks!
smiles.gif

She tried the new CoverGirl Exact Eyelights for green eyes. She told me it's a purple/plum color. But I don't think it's really obvious that you're wearing purple/plum mascara. the point is to make it subtle to just enchance the natural color of your eyes. There's also one by BadGal in deep plum. But im not sure which one is more subtle in color, but the CG one has shimmer in it.
here's a pic of the badgal one

Benefit-BAD-Gal-Plum-Mascara.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilSphinx
I didn't take well to the comments on my brows because almost everyone on here has nearly painted on or filled in brows and I was getting the feeling that to be accepted here I'd have to conform and follow the same 'look'. Same thing with the e/l 'look'. -Neither of which am I willing to do.

some people fill in their brows...i do...and some people don't. some people need to because their brows are so sparse and light that you can't even see them - prime example me. and some people have such full brows that they don't need to have them filled at all. think of it just like using lipliner with a lipstick, or even using purple mascara to enhance what you have. it's not that you need to conform to anything (and i'm certainly not telling you to conform to my boss's style of makeup! haha), because we each have our own individual style and preferences (and a lot of us might like the same style or have the same preferences), but it's just a way or technique to enhance something you have. so people are just offering you a technique that you may want to use or try. and as with any kind of technique, you can use it or lose it.

no one has to conform to anything. just do what you like and be who you are. if you don't feel the need to fill them in, then don't. but the CC's that you may have gotten about filling your brows were just given as CRITICAL CRITICISM that MAY be of HELP you. advice is free to give here on specktra, but we don't ask or expect people to take it. it's an opinion. and we all have our own. if you feel that CC's make it sound like we're asking you to conform, then don't ask for them, right? but i'm pretty sure no one is trying to make you conform. specktra accepts people for who they are, and not how they look!
smiles.gif

TISH1124

I do understand...I try to comment on all fotd's that are posted as well..I have not been on as much as of late...But there are a lot of people that like the comments and compliments yet they never take the time to return them..they hit the Thanks button occassionally...
Don't take it personal...you look beautiful and your brows are fine....Most people wish their brows were that naturally beautiful.

LilSphinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenee.sum
She tried the new CoverGirl Exact Eyelights for green eyes. She told me it's a purple/plum color. But I don't think it's really obvious that you're wearing purple/plum mascara. the point is to make it subtle to just enchance the natural color of your eyes. There's also one by BadGal in deep plum. But im not sure which one is more subtle in color, but the CG one has shimmer in it.
here's a pic of the badgal one

Benefit-BAD-Gal-Plum-Mascara.jpg

I actually have the CG Exacteyelights in "Black Ruby" but it's not very purple, either. Yes, shimmery...but you really can't tell it's purple/plum colored, unfortunately.
ssad.gif

Thanks for the info. about the BadGirl mascara, I'll have to keep an eye open for it.

I understand what you're saying about the rest of it. And you are right. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm coming across the way I want to. I'm not deathly afraid that people are trying to get me to conform to what they are wearing and I don't mind CC's, honestly I don't. My main issue is/was that I felt I wasn't getting more comments 'because' I wasn't styling/filling in my brows and/or wearing bold e/l. I don't feel that I should have to do those things just to get more attention for my FotD's. That's been my main issue all along.

Thanks for the comments and info. on mascaras.
greengrin.gif

TISH1124

Just post your fotd's .....If people like them they will comment....I wouldn't worry to much about it....As long as you are happy with your looks that is all that matters. I don't think anyone thinks you should change the way you look they are just offering their CC's or opinions as requested. There are so many fotd's it is so hard to comment on all of them.

darkorchid

I agree with everything that has been said before. I have been a long time trawler on Specktra and never really commented on anything because I don't have any suggestions and really, I come on here to learn and be inspired.

When I do comment, its for looks that strike me. For me personally, I think comments are left mostly on looks that are striking, different and dramatic because its something and interesting. I have more to say about those than for neutral looks unless I find them breathtaking.

That's just my two cents as a user who lurks. I posted once and waited excitedly for comments, which I did get some, but really my photos weren't very clear and didn't show the work in great detail.

Keep posting, but honestly, people aren't going to give huge amounts of constructive criticism. In my opinion this is mostly a place to share our work. If you want comments about a specific aspect, eg blending, then perhaps ask for opinions on how you blended so people's attention is called to that?

aggrolounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyGeorge
I like your looks, I just hardly ever comment on anything. And you getting mad because people rarely comment, but then taking their CONSTRUCTIVE criticism as just people trying to conform you seems a little dumb. If you don't like how people do their makeup on here(you pretty much said everyone was doing the same stuff) then why are you here? But there's no need to get angry because people made one suggestion. And you're kind of making it sound like you're insulting everyone else with the eye liner comment. Like you're calling everyone generic or something.

Sounds meaner than it was meant, but you can't convey stuff as easily on the internet, so don't get angry over this.

And also, by people commenting on your brows, they aren't telling you to change them up 100%. You don't tweeze and fill in brows to change your looks, you do it merely to enhance them.

Honestly, I agree with this. It really sounds like you're turning down the comments you do get because they aren't things you're wanting to hear, yet asking for more comments. Besides, I think your posts get plenty of comments relative to everyone else? I guess I just don't understand.

I always like your looks (you are awesome with color and blending!), but I have to agree that I, personally, think you'd look more polished if you added more liner and such. It's not an attempt to "conform".. it's just plain flattering.

Anyway, as others have said, do what what makes you happy.. but don't expect that it will make everyone else happy, lol.

shootout

No offense, but I think it's just plain rude to ask for CC and then bitch about what people are saying. If you don't like it, don't do it, but don't complain about what people are suggesting. CC is all about personal preferences.

purrtykitty

I really love that last bright, bold look.

As for comments/cc, I take them with a grain of salt. Some are helpful for perfecting my skills, others I just ignore because it's just not my thing. I do makeup because it makes me happy, and there are just some looks I like enough to share and hopefully inspire someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.