Kat Von D MAkeup !!!!

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Here is a sneak at Kat's fall shoot:

Beauty And The Blog: Buh-Bye, Tattoos: Kat Von D Makes Her Ink Disappear

I love how people are saying things like, "Wow! She is so pretty without tattoos!" Do the tattoos change her face? She's a knockout with tattoos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeup_queen81
maybe i should get that concealer...my dad still doesn't know i have tattoos...and i got my first one over 10 years ago..lol

Ha ha! Sounds familiar. My dad is old school too. I think he is secretly mad because he wanted one years ago but promised his mother he wouldn't-and since he is a man of his word, no ink.

Back on topic-I am now debating between Ludwig and Gypsy-I need something that looks like MAC colors...ha ha. I am glad all the palettes have Lucifer because the one in my Beethoven palette exploded.

NotteRequiem

Alright, so I now own every Kat Von D palette.
greengrin.gif

I got Gypsy recently, and I'm really taken by the green colors in the palette. Most notably is the Club dupe called "stryker" and the white/green color hawkwind (which is like Vellum from MAC, only its a green sheen and not purple. ! ). There's a plum-like taupe shade that is reeeally nice to work with, and the greens go pretty well together. I'm happy I got this!

...now if only she'd put out a red/wine/burgandy palette for the fall... THAT would make me a happy girl!

Miz Pina

Saw it in store this week. Ugh, I hate when they put the cream shadow in with the powder! I ended up passing (for now). I really like the club-ish & plum shades though.

hawaii02

I did some swatches earlier and that yellow really surprised me! I wasn't expecting a cream shadow either. The greens in the palette really are pretty and vibrant. The sparkled eyeshadow will do really great during the holidays.

winkietoe

Her palettes have always interested me, but for some reason, each and everytime I go to Sephora and swatch the colors im like "Ehh." They dont wow me for some reason
ssad.gif

xKiKix

yah her palettes aren't like "wow i have to get it" but its nice to buy if you have the money for it. i got beethoven and ludwig but i still prefer mac over it no doubt.

MissResha

her palettes are awesome for the price. 34 bucks for 8 colors? fck yea! i ordered gypsy today. cant wait to get it.

and they are WAY better than a CS palette LOL

xKiKix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
her palettes are awesome for the price. 34 bucks for 8 colors? fck yea! i ordered gypsy today. cant wait to get it.

that is true, her palette does have a much better quality than the cs palettes.

hawaii02

This may get moved, but here are Birdcage (the cream yellow), Ego Sum (the green) and Gunner (the sparkly green). Sorry for the craptastic swatch
blush-anim-cl.gif

ry%3D400

Kuuipo

I love her lipsticks, well pigmented, creamy. I think she would look better without so many tattoos...(I have tattoos myself) and her tattoo concealor doesn't work as well as dermablend nor does it come in enough shades or last long enough or not smear without a heap on talc ontop.

makeup_queen81

so i just bought the Gypsy palette this weekend and OMG it is awesome...the colors are so pretty and very pigmented but almost all the colors are dupe able . however i still love it...the 2 stand out colors are hawkwind and gunner...and i cannot say enough about hawkwind. it is so pretty a white with green duochrome.

i am really kicking my self for not getting Metal Orchestra...really i am...if anyone has it and wants to sell it...haha..i wish

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeup_queen81
so i just bought the Gypsy palette this weekend and OMG it is awesome...the colors are so pretty and very pigmented but almost all the colors are dupe able . however i still love it...the 2 stand out colors are hawkwind and gunner...and i cannot say enough about hawkwind. it is so pretty a white with green duochrome.

i am really kicking my self for not getting Metal Orchestra...really i am...if anyone has it and wants to sell it...haha..i wish

I agree with the bolded. The only colors that would be unique in my collection are the bright green, the forest green, and the mauve/purple shade. So I have yet to decide if I am getting it. Hmmm...

MAC_Whore

I'll tell you what, I tried that tattoo concealer and it has serious coverage capabilities. I am an NW20 and the light was a good match.

hhunt2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
I'll tell you what, I tried that tattoo concealer and it has serious coverage capabilities. I am an NW20 and the light was a good match.

I think it's so funny how they named it "Tattoo Concealer", as if it's ment for tattoos. B/c as an undereye or minor blemish concealer, it works great (Agree with Mac_Whore). But as a tattoo cover up, your wasting your money.

The otherday I was playing around at Sephora (literally, lol, hide & seek with my nephew), and stopped in front of Kat Von D's stuff. I have tattoos on my hands and the stuff didn't work. The concealer should be thicker for a tattoo cover up.

beautifulxface

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha

Agree! Much butter than CS!

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhunt2
I think it's so funny how they named it "Tattoo Concealer", as if it's ment for tattoos. B/c as an undereye or minor blemish concealer, it works great (Agree with Mac_Whore). But as a tattoo cover up, your wasting your money.

The otherday I was playing around at Sephora (literally, lol, hide & seek with my nephew), and stopped in front of Kat Von D's stuff. I have tattoos on my hands and the stuff didn't work. The concealer should be thicker for a tattoo cover up.

Excellent point. I guess it's more of a vanilla, pedestrian, Sephora version of "tattoo cover", huh?
smiles.gif

makeup_queen81

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhunt2

i was hoping this concealer would have been better at actually concealing tattoos..but i wasn't expecting much..however it did seem like it would be good for blemishes and under eye circles