Kat Von D MAkeup !!!!

Strawberrymold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina983
does any one know a release date yet?

thanks!

It is out right now (at least in the US) but I don't think it is carried in all Store's yet. I have the Lugwig palette and it is super pretty. The shadows are nice and pigmented. I don't have any of the lipstick but I have tried it on instore and liked it... very rich color and creamy. + she has a sheer black gloss that is to die for!

Here's a link to see:
Kat Von D at Sephora

hawaii02

I tried the Birdcage (the yellow) shadow in a look yesterday. This just goes to show how much I really dislike cream shadows. On my eyelids it did not go on well, so I put Goldmine over top. That in itself, made the yellow pop more.

n_c

Extremely late, but here you go.

Autograph Eyeliner: Puro Amor (rich black)
kv2.jpg

Turbo lover (eggplant with silver flecks i think)
kv1.jpg

kv3.jpg

carlierae26

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaii02
I tried the Birdcage (the yellow) shadow in a look yesterday. This just goes to show how much I really dislike cream shadows. On my eyelids it did not go on well, so I put Goldmine over top. That in itself, made the yellow pop more.

I agree. I love this palatte. it swatched well, but didn't look good on the eyes alone.

iheartangE

I know I may be a bit late trying out the lipsticks, but I just bought Lolita the other day and it's absolutely gorgeous!! I've been looking for a shade like this for a long time-a reddish medium rose that doesn't look super fake on my pale skin-and Lolita is perfect! I like the formula too, although as a disclaimer it should be noted that I adore matte textures so of course this is right up my alley
winks.gif
I can't wait to try out more colors!

Twinkle_Twinkle

I broke down and got the Gypsy palette. I still haven't been compelled too get the two perm. palettes. They just don't interest me/the colors are a little to muted, but I like her LE palettes and I can't wait for a fall one, if there is a fall one. Also Brass Knuckles (the cream shadow) is a good base for Bright Future. And as far as Stryker being a dupe for Club, Stryker is lighter and greener but the two are sill in the same color family. Anyway I like the palette a lot and I'm glad I got it.

cupcake_x

I bought the Beethoven eyeshadow palette and I'm OBSESSED! I am going back to buy not one back-up but two! I love it so much.. Dare I say it?... That I think it may be better than MAC eyeshadow. :O.O:

At least for the crease.. There's one shadow that's like Nylon but it's more smooth, not really that ideal for lids. There's another like Brun in the palette, but better! It's a little darker and blends way easier.

I'll do some swatches tonight
smiles.gif

Caderas

I saw some pictures of a couple of palettes from NYX that reminded me of her Beethoven and Gypsy(LE) called Jazz Night and Secret World. Although.. I do REALLY want that Gypsy palette itself, haha. Just anyone who's on the route for a cheaper alternative with similar colors!

MelmoK

I'm behind the times, is her Gypsy palette the first LE palette from her line? Or am I going to have to try to search for previous.

ztirkazoid

The Kat Von D concealer is quickly becoming my favourite. I got a sample @ Sephora. Layered on thinly and set with some powder, it does not crease when used as an under eye concealer.

Dare I say -- might even like it more than my Cle de Peau :\

ladyJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelmoK
I'm behind the times, is her Gypsy palette the first LE palette from her line? Or am I going to have to try to search for previous.

Ummm...she had another LE palette called metal orchestra.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodagirl
For those looking for Metal Orchestra, its back on the Sephora site
th_wink3.gif

Whhaaattt. I already have the palette, but I guess I just have vicarious excitement for those who missed out previously. Great sleuthing.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caderas
I saw some pictures of a couple of palettes from NYX that reminded me of her Beethoven and Gypsy(LE) called Jazz Night and Secret World. Although.. I do REALLY want that Gypsy palette itself, haha. Just anyone who's on the route for a cheaper alternative with similar colors!

I can't think of cheaper dupes, but there are dupes for sure. For instance Lancome makes an iridescent green like that in the Gypsy palette as does Smashbox in their Eye Illusion Quad. The shade in the KVD palette is more intense that that Eye Illusion shade. Club is similar one of the shades in the palette as well, but there are subtle differences. I personally didn't have eye shadows similar to the purple/mauve shade, the dark green with glitter, or the kelly green shade, so I got the palette. Also the texture of these shadows really makes it worth it, and the price is reasonable.