Kylie Cosmetics

montREALady

I thought of the newer lipkits but seriously, I don't need them, I have dupes. If they were sold as singles I would have. I have some Pins with dupes I'll share that helped me:

Brown Sugar:
Kylie's new shade Brown Sugar Dupes I Love this shade | Made-Up | Pinterest | Dupes, Witty Sayings and Brown Sugar
(I have Honey Blonde but I doubt it's a real dupe)

Love Bite:
Kylie's new shade Love Bite dupes | Made-Up | Pinterest | Dupes, Cosmetics and Shades
(And I have CP TooLips and I've seen a comparison with them being pretty similar)

Dirty Peach:
Dirty peach dupes kylie cosmetics | Made-Up | Pinterest | Dupes, Cosmetics and Peaches
(I can get Instigator or the Ofra one with a code and it would be cheaper)

montREALady

Did anyone order? I was unsure if I should. I wanted the new Colourpop stuff more. Plus, today was the first time I even wore my Kylie Rose Gold shadow. I really like the color though. I hope I don't end up wanting a BU. Did I miss out on Heir? It said sold out when I got a chance to check out the site hours after launch. Was it even offered? I did see copper shadow but I haven't even tried the one I have yet. I put stuff in my cart that was on my list for "next time." I decided to press submit because of the free shipping. I got Like and Literally glosses and metals in reign and King?? don't remember right now. Boy I really want the Colourpop stuff. Do I dare?
Heir was never there, I checked pretty much right when they launched, maybe 5-10 mins after they launched (late).

I'm still unsure which to get, 2 lipglosses from KC or more items from CP. btw how are KC glosses? they do look nice. I like posie and koko glosses the most! do you guys know any formula that they resemble?
I like KC gloss formula but not the brush, I prefer doe foot for glosses. That being said I still ordered Exposed gloss ;)

montREALady

Oh heck, I just ordered the copper creme shadow. I recently got Tarte's Spirit Animal but it's more glittery than I cared for though I still use it. KC's copper looks like straight metal.

leonah

Heir was never there, I checked pretty much right when they launched, maybe 5-10 mins after they launched (late).

I like KC gloss formula but not the brush, I prefer doe foot for glosses. That being said I still ordered Exposed gloss ;)

thank you :) I have not decided yet what to order.. either two glosses koko and posie or one lip kit, either posie or maliboo kit. wish ginger was single (lol) because I need that one in my life since I looove spice lip liner from mac and it's basically its twin in liquid formula and cheaper than ABH ashton.

Icecaramellatte

Yes 5 minutes is late??????. You basically have to refresh in the dot and go straight to checkout and do autofill for all info to get in demand items. But thanks for the info.

Oh heck, I just ordered the copper creme shadow. I recently got Tarte's Spirit Animal but it's more glittery than I cared for though I still use it. KC's copper looks like straight metal.

I wore copper today and quite liked it. It is like a peachy gold. Put me in mind of Colourpop Flitter metallic lip color and maybe one of the Tom Ford cream shadows. Need to pull them out to compare but the formula is definitely different.

I just decided to make it a Kylie day. I used an eye primer but I'm not sure I needed it. I had a better handle on the formula so I used a lot less today. Used my finger to apply but just rubbed my finger very gently in the product. I decided to use the Kylie eyeshadow palette since it is on my unused list. I used the middle row right shade in the crease and a bit above but it wasn't reading as warm as I wanted so I put the orange on top of it and dark brown in outer v and white??? Highlight shade. Liked the look. Put exposed matte color and then change mind and wanted exposed gloss but I felt I needed a stronger lip shade so just put Mac Bowl Me Over on top. Really like the cream shadows. My kind of colors. Shouldn't be limited edition.

leonah

I only got koko k gloss. had a hard time deciding and still waiting on some mattes to become singles so I'll wait and try her gloss instead :)

BrittLuvsMakeup

I caved and ordered it as well as Reign (which I hadn't even planned on getting originally). I was so proud of myself when the original end time of the promotion passed and I had talked myself out of a few items. Then she announced the extension of the free shipping promotion and I couldn't resist ordering. I'm still holding out strong on the Brown Kyliner but I can't make any promises that I won't get it before the promotion ends, lol. I've just been trying to get everything that I really wanted because I don't plan on purchasing any more from her unless she lowers the shipping amount, runs a free shipping promotion again, or has a sale that can make up for the shipping price.

Icecaramellatte

I caved and ordered it as well as Reign (which I hadn't even planned on getting originally). I was so proud of myself when the original end time of the promotion passed and I had talked myself out of a few items. Then she announced the extension of the free shipping promotion and I couldn't resist ordering. I'm still holding out strong on the Brown Kyliner but I can't make any promises that I won't get it before the promotion ends, lol. I've just been trying to get everything that I really wanted because I don't plan on purchasing any more from her unless she lowers the shipping amount, runs a free shipping promotion again, or has a sale that can make up for the shipping price.

Oh it was extended???

I forgot I wore the pencil eyeliner for the first time today too. Dark Bronze. Reminds me a bit of Mac fluid line in Avenue. I wonder if the cream liner looks the same. I will try it next time.

BrittLuvsMakeup

Oh it was extended???

I forgot I wore the pencil eyeliner for the first time today too. Dark Bronze. Reminds me a bit of Mac fluid line in Avenue. I wonder if the cream liner looks the same. I will try it next time.

She extended it to 1:00p.m PST today and restocked some products that went out of stock, like the Brown Sugar and Love Bite Lip Kits and the Kyshadow Bronze Palette. How do you like the quality of the pencil eyeliner?

EDIT: It's approximately 30 minutes after the promotion was supposed to end and the shipping is still showing as free for me. Quick, someone talk me out of the Brown Kyliner and tell me that I can get a brown gel eyeliner and pencil anywhere, lol.

Last edited:

Icecaramellatte

She extended it to 1:00p.m PST today and restocked some products that went out of stock, like the Kyshadow Bronze Palette and Love Bite Lip Kit for example. How do you like the quality of the pencil eyeliner?

So far so good. The formula is just okay nothing spectacular. I think there is something awkward about the casing around the tip and how the tip sticks out. It is not flush with the casing so I have to hold it from a different angle than normal. Usually I just put liner on the lash line and just drag it across but I have hold my hand differently. I haven't seen pencil liners like this. No biggie though. You can see the shimmer in the liner on the eye though which I like. Many times liners with flecks in them aren't actually apparent on the eye. That is not the case here. It is has shimmer but not big glitter particles. I don't know that I would want a plain color though. Like the black or the brown.

BrittLuvsMakeup

So far so good. The formula is just okay nothing spectacular. I think there is something awkward about the casing around the tip and how the tip sticks out. It is not flush with the casing so I have to hold it from a different angle than normal. Usually I just put liner on the lash line and just drag it across but I have hold my hand differently. I haven't seen pencil liners like this. No biggie though. You can see the shimmer in the liner on the eye though which I like. Many times liners with flecks in them aren't actually apparent on the eye. That is not the case here. It is has shimmer but not big glitter particles. I don't know that I would want a plain color though. Like the black or the brown.

Thanks for your review of the product! I'm happy to hear that the you like it, although it's a bit strange that you have to hold it differently from any other pencil liner during the application process. I'm glad it doesn't have much of a hindrance on your overall opinion of the product though. I wish I would have gotten the Bronze one because it is a bit more unique than the standard black and brown eyeliner. And you're right about how a lot of liners with flecks and glitter either don't show up much or the particles are too large, so hopefully if she releases more shades in the future with a similar finish, it will be done similarly. As far as the black and brown Kyliner Kits she has in her line, I think I'm just gonna buy a dark brown pencil and liner cheaper from another brand.

montREALady

thank you :) I have not decided yet what to order.. either two glosses koko and posie or one lip kit, either posie or maliboo kit. wish ginger was single (lol) because I need that one in my life since I looove spice lip liner from mac and it's basically its twin in liquid formula and cheaper than ABH ashton.
I bought a lippie from an indie company not too long ago and it's a dupe of Ginger and Ashton.

DADDY

Yes 5 minutes is late������. You basically have to refresh in the dot and go straight to checkout and do autofill for all info to get in demand items. But thanks for the info.

I wore copper today and quite liked it. It is like a peachy gold. Put me in mind of Colourpop Flitter metallic lip color and maybe one of the Tom Ford cream shadows. Need to pull them out to compare but the formula is definitely different.

I just decided to make it a Kylie day. I used an eye primer but I'm not sure I needed it. I had a better handle on the formula so I used a lot less today. Used my finger to apply but just rubbed my finger very gently in the product. I decided to use the Kylie eyeshadow palette since it is on my unused list. I used the middle row right shade in the crease and a bit above but it wasn't reading as warm as I wanted so I put the orange on top of it and dark brown in outer v and white??? Highlight shade. Liked the look. Put exposed matte color and then change mind and wanted exposed gloss but I felt I needed a stronger lip shade so just put Mac Bowl Me Over on top. Really like the cream shadows. My kind of colors. Shouldn't be limited edition.
No they launched late and I went back a little after because I was tired of refreshing, lol. I wasn't pressed for anything this time. I'm a pro, I got her mini mattes, remember? Lol. Can't wait to see what she's doing about the shipping in the future.

Oh good to know Copper is nice! Yay!

Uptownbackinit

I must say i'm quite surprised with Kylie's Customer service. I ordered KoKo k during the free shipping, and received Mary Jo K instead. I held my breath and emailed them expecting not to hear anything back. They got back to me the next day and had my Koko K within a few days.
I guess it's just a roll of the dice with her customer service.

Anywho, She has a new shade coming out called "pumpkin" I must have it.

montREALady

I must say i'm quite surprised with Kylie's Customer service. I ordered KoKo k during the free shipping, and received Mary Jo K instead. I held my breath and emailed them expecting not to hear anything back. They got back to me the next day and had my Koko K within a few days.
I guess it's just a roll of the dice with her customer service.

Anywho, She has a new shade coming out called "pumpkin" I must have it.
Shit, you said Pumpkin and I thought of JS's orange one. Yes, her Pumpkin Spice is nice!

Icecaramellatte

OHhh that pumpkin is nice... I might finally get a kylie lippie, unless you guys can find me a dupe... Pretty please!!!

I was checking this thread to see if anyone was getting the new lip kits today.

Pumpkin and Spice look quite nice to me. Dilemma. They both look just like the last liquid lip purchases I made. Pumpkin look a lot like Smashbox Out Loud liquid lip. Pumpkin may be a pinch more brown though. In pics anyway. Spice looks like Smashbox Girl Gang liquid lip. I'm tempted to check out pumpkin because I would like something a bit more brown but . . . shipping is back! Yikes. I put one thing in my cart a week or 2 ago. I can't even remember what it was and I just could not do the $9 shipping. I will have to wait for a bigger order. So as of this moment, I'm not getting anything.

BrittLuvsMakeup

I like the look of all four of the new shades, however, I'm not going to purchase anything during the initial launch. The shipping and handling is still a big turn off for me and probably will remain so until they lower the shipping costs, as she stated she would do during the announcement of the free shipping promotion. I'll get them eventually but not now.

LiliV

I just ordered a refill of Koko K (love this shade for every day) and I ordered Heir. I'm excited to try a metallic matte!