MAC - Alice + Olivia Discussion

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
I'm not going to get anything from this collection yet since ITG has got me too excited!

Ha- I'm quite the opposite.
th_wink3.gif

Camnagem

I'm totally excited for both!

I can't wait to play with the Mt Dew lips. I wonder what it'll look like over Beachbound? Or Lavender Whip? Or even something like Impassioned?

Excited, and somehow not sleepy...at all!
th_DANCE.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem

I can't wait to play with the Mt Dew lips. I wonder what it'll look like over Beachbound? Or Lavender Whip? Or even something like Impassioned?

Excited, and somehow not sleepy...at all!
th_DANCE.gif

Agree with all! I know I will crash out within the next few hours tho.
th_dunno.gif

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem

Mt. Dew lips,
th_LMAO.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
Placed my order... Only a tiny A+O haul for me:

I.Want.Candy
& Military n/p

Both good choices- I got them too.
drools.gif

NotteRequiem

I'm tempted to pick up the pigments, but I'm going to wait until I can see them in person at the counter. I'm a sucker for teal [hurrrraaaay being a Taurus!] and the black one wet looks really delightful.

We shall see...

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotteRequiem
I'm tempted to pick up the pigments, but I'm going to wait until I can see them in person at the counter. I'm a sucker for teal [hurrrraaaay being a Taurus!] and the black one wet looks really delightful.

We shall see...

That was my plan. I wasn't even going to order online. But, I realized, I pay less sales tax and I was almost guaranteed to get them if I ordered online- my MA said they got practically nothing in store. Very limited.

NotteRequiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
That was my plan. I wasn't even going to order online. But, I realized, I pay less sales tax and I was almost guaranteed to get them if I ordered online- my MA said they got practically nothing in store. Very limited.

Ah hell, why'd you have to tell me that? Haha. Well, if I miss out on them now I suppose I can ISO them later. I just placed an order online and don't feel like paying extra sales tax for a couple of pigments. I'll take my chances, I think...

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Ah hell, why'd you have to tell me that? Haha. Well, if I miss out on them now I suppose I can ISO them later. I just placed an order online and don't feel like paying extra sales tax for a couple of pigments. I'll take my chances, I think...

I'm sure it will be fine. My MA doesn't like me that much, so she might have just been trying to scare me
girlhaha.gif
I'm sure you'll get them!
greengrin.gif

NotteRequiem

Quote:
I'm sure it will be fine. My MA doesn't like me that much, so she might have just been trying to scare me
girlhaha.gif
I'm sure you'll get them!
greengrin.gif

Hahaha! Your MA doesn't like you? How is that possible? You seem like a fantastic person! I've had a run in or two with a couple of nasty MA's, but they just didn't understand my sarcastic and dry sense of humor. ;D

LittleMaryJane

Quote:
I've had a run in or two with a couple of nasty MA's, but they just didn't understand my sarcastic and dry sense of humor. ;D

I run into this a lot (not with MA's in particular but everone
winks.gif
)... I have the same sense of humor.. Dry and sarcastic. People just don't get it.

NotteRequiem

Quote:
winks.gif
)... I have the same sense of humor.. Dry and sarcastic. People just don't get it.

But when you find people who DO get it, it's sooooo worth it. ;D

LittleMaryJane

Quote:
But when you find people who DO get it, it's sooooo worth it. ;D

Good point... I totally agree
greengrin.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Hahaha! Your MA doesn't like you? How is that possible? You seem like a fantastic person! I've had a run in or two with a couple of nasty MA's, but they just didn't understand my sarcastic and dry sense of humor. ;D

Quote:
winks.gif

Yes- I am quite sarcastic as well, and I could see how that may get on a salesperson's nerves. But mostly, the MAs at my store are just rude and very snobby.
angry.gif

NotteRequiem

Quote:
Yes- I am quite sarcastic as well, and I could see how that may get on a salesperson's nerves. But mostly, the MAs at my store are just rude and very snobby.
angry.gif

Unfortunately I know what you mean. I've been to some MAC's where the MA's are very snobby. I generally dont go into MAC wearing any makeup because I like to try on products before I buy them. When I do that, the MA's [not all, but some] tend to ignore me [but if I need help I always ask]. The few times I was in MAC wearing makeup, everyone thought I worked there, haha. I wear a lot of black.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Unfortunately I know what you mean. I've been to some MAC's where the MA's are very snobby. I generally dont go into MAC wearing any makeup because I like to try on products before I buy them. When I do that, the MA's [not all, but some] tend to ignore me [but if I need help I always ask]. The few times I was in MAC wearing makeup, everyone thought I worked there, haha. I wear a lot of black.

I do the same! The problem is, my store is at the rich-people mall where I live, so if I go in early in the morning with no makeup ready to try products, they make me feel so uncomfortable that I end up leaving. I prefer my Dillard's counter MUCH more.
yes.gif

LittleMaryJane

I refuse to let MA's make me uncomfortable... Because they almost all seem to have a little snobbishness going on. Although, when I went to my counter the other day they had a new girl working there and she was the nicest MAC worker I've ever encountered. Poor thing was having a hard time keeping up with the customers though.

NotteRequiem

Quote:
I do the same! The problem is, my store is at the rich-people mall where I live, so if I go in early in the morning with no makeup ready to try products, they make me feel so uncomfortable that I end up leaving. I prefer my Dillard's counter MUCH more.
yes.gif

Same here. I tend to head to my Macy's counter and save the store for Store-only buys and I rarely windowshop. I go in with a list to the store and that's that.

Quote:
I refuse to let MA's make me uncomfortable... Because they almost all seem to have a little snobbishness going on. Although, when I went to my counter the other day they had a new girl working there and she was the nicest MAC worker I've ever encountered. Poor thing was having a hard time keeping up with the customers though.

When my favorite MA's are having a tough time, they let me help customers [obviously not ringing them out, but things like giving them color rec's and some application] a little bit. It's my joy to help them, because they go out of their way to be nice to me and they let me paruse the selection of collections that hasn't come out yet.