MAC - Alice + Olivia Discussion

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
I refuse to let MA's make me uncomfortable... Because they almost all seem to have a little snobbishness going on. Although, when I went to my counter the other day they had a new girl working there and she was the nicest MAC worker I've ever encountered. Poor thing was having a hard time keeping up with the customers though.

Yes- I have one extremely sweet MA, so she is who I prefer to talk to.
th_wink3.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotteRequiem
Same here. I tend to head to my Macy's counter and save the store for Store-only buys and I rarely windowshop. I go in with a list to the store and that's that.

Same! That's why I put in the A+O order online- so I could avoid the store
angry.gif

ARmakeupjunkie

This is a store/on-line only release correct?

I ordered I.Want.Candy but I'm feeling the need for a second order of If It's Pink, Later, and So Rich So Pretty.

Shadowy Lady

I'm not gonna bother ordering anything online. My FS is getting these on Thursday and I have 2 of the pigments and 2 of the nail polishes on hold for me
greengrin.gif

monter

Just what I planned, no surprises. Morning.After., Later., If it sparkles..., If it's pink..., I.Want.Candy (GATORADE!
lol.gif
) and Military.

(And Love to Love - no SR for me
ssad.gif
)

Here's a stupid question from a pigment newb: how exactly does one foil pigments?
blush-anim-cl.gif
Pigment on brush first, then spray with Fix+? First spray, then pick up pigment? I have no idea.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by monter
Just what I planned, no surprises. Morning.After., Later., If it sparkles..., If it's pink..., I.Want.Candy (GATORADE!
lol.gif
) and Military.

(And Love to Love - no SR for me
ssad.gif
)

Here's a stupid question from a pigment newb: how exactly does one foil pigments?
blush-anim-cl.gif
Pigment on brush first, then spray with Fix+? First spray, then pick up pigment? I have no idea.

hmm.gif
Good question! I am doing it in a routine without much thinking
winks.gif

Ok, I give a little bit of pigment in a plastic lid, then spray Fix+ on my brush and dip it into the pigment. Yes.

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARmakeupjunkie
This is a store/on-line only release correct?

I ordered I.Want.Candy but I'm feeling the need for a second order of If It's Pink, Later, and So Rich So Pretty.

Yes, this is a store/online release only.

monter

Wow, Later. is already sold out.

(I'm already paranoid it's going to turn into ML/SR all over again and my Later. is on 'backorder.'
lol.gif
)

NeverEnoughMac

Yeehaw!! Just ordered the lovely Later, Partylicious and totally spontaneously Military. Come on black box day!!!
smiles.gif
Okay, came back to edit because I saw Monter's post that Later. was sold out, I ordered at about 12:45pm est.

LMD84

i foil my pigments onto my lid by getting somem pigment onto the little plastic stopper thing. then i drop a tiny bit of mixing medium on my brush or spray some fix+ on the brush. and then grab the pigment from the plastic thing and then onto my lid. just make sure you clean and dry the plastic thing before putting back onto the pigment - you'll risk getting it damp and it going funny.
smiles.gif

dxgirly

Boooo..... no Later for me then. I doubt Partylicious will last until Thursday either. Oh well, I guess I'll just save my money for Dare To Wear...
cry.gif

NotteRequiem

I'll have to make a trip to the MAC store this week then. Balls. Later was really the only one besides PArtylicious that I wanted from this collection at all.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
I refuse to let MA's make me uncomfortable... Because they almost all seem to have a little snobbishness going on. Although, when I went to my counter the other day they had a new girl working there and she was the nicest MAC worker I've ever encountered. Poor thing was having a hard time keeping up with the customers though.

too bad you haven't met me. i'm frickin' AWESOME!!!

tong.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxgirly
Boooo..... no Later for me then. I doubt Partylicious will last until Thursday either. Oh well, I guess I'll just save my money for Dare To Wear...
cry.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARmakeupjunkie
^^I was thinking about ordering Later and while I was thinking, it sold out.

atleast its coming back later this year.

and mac is one tricky bastard! no emp/pro discount on this collection.
ssad.gif
just partylicious for me then. i can dupe the polishes with china glaze or opi. good thing i get them for half price!
th_DANCE.gif

GlamQueen21

^Yes, those colors can be duped with China Glaze since I'm not getting any of the nail polishes in this collection. I ended up ordering I.Want.Candy d/c a while ago. I'm also going to order Sparkilicious and If It's Pink dazzleglass cremes later on.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881

atleast its coming back later this year.

yes.gif
I will get Later with the holiday collection!

monter

Oh, I'd forgotten that Later. will be coming out with Tartan Tale too! That makes things better.
th_DANCE.gif