MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection (May 22, 2014)

smooch3s

Left to right: Lorelei, A Natural Flirt, Sweet Heat

Lorelei and SH are similar enough that you could get away with just one. Lorelei is a touch browner, SH peachier.

pinkpaint

I've been itching to try NC42 because NC44 can run a little pink, but I can make it work. How do you apply your NC42? It looks beautiful!
Thanks, hun! This is actually Illamasqua Skinbase in 12. I always reference the MAC foundation numbers because I know most people are familiar with those. NC42 is a bit orange on me, but it's my closest match. I apply with the Sephora #45 brush.

MelroseLuvsMkup

Ladies you all look so gorgeous with your new goodies.......sorry I couldn't individually tag you beautiful babes (at work). Can't wait to go home to my black box.

pretty_melody

You are almost convincing me that I should have gotten SS!
Yeah your gonna want this nude in your life.. just saying.
graucho.gif

smooch3s

Left to Right: Fathom's Deep, Grand Galaxy, Stolen Moment, Smokey Mauve

FD and SM are the most similar, though SM looks a little sheerer.

I'm NC 30-35 for reference.

blondie929

You know what I don't think looks good one me .. Enchanted one .. The description of enchanted one by mac to me is off completely

Dolly Snow

So far, I love what I got. In these pics, I'm wearing Enchanted One and Delphic. I'm hoping that these pics will help some people decide on Delphic, because it's really hard to capture it in hand swatches. I used Worldly Wealth blush (which everybody needs) and a little Magnetic Appeal to highlight. I'm about an NC42 (if MAC made an NC41 that would probably be perfect) and it is subtle, but it shows up. On my hand, it looks like nothing, but on my face, it's definitely there. I'm using it as a contour/blush kinda thing. I love bronzey brown cheeks, so if you're into that, and warm toned, I'd give it a try (Thanks to Mac-Guy for the suggestion). Also, loving Water Deities and Mystical. They're great everyday colors. Don't wanna make this post any longer, but I also bought the Conceal and Correct Palette in Medium Deep. For my WOC dealing with hyper-pigmentation, please give it a try. The Burnt Coral alone is worth the $40, for me.

Alright hold the damn phone! HOLD UP! You my dear are stunning!
EO and DELPHIC are MADE FOR YOU!
thud.gif

LiliV

You know what I don't think looks good one me .. Enchanted one .. The description of enchanted one by mac to me is off completely
That lipstick looks like something I would love in some swatches and like it would be a disaster on me in others. When it looks pinker I love it when it looks orangey brown no! I didnt want to take a chance

blondie929

That lipstick looks like something I would love in some swatches and like it would be a disaster on me in others.  When it looks pinker I love it when it looks orangey brown no!  I didnt want to take a chance
It looks like a Burnt orange on me

Dolly Snow

Your gonna know who the girls from specktra are at mac on release day.
Us: "I want all the siren songs!"
Mac employee; "Huh why?"
Us: *all wide eyed* "No questions just fill up the basket!"
Haha I think SS was the one lipsticks most put on the back burner. No one wants Chapstick lips.
But all these pictures of SS, has a lot of girls rethinking that notion.
I know I am for sure picking it up and more than likely a BU lol

pretty_melody

So far, I love what I got. In these pics, I'm wearing Enchanted One and Delphic. I'm hoping that these pics will help some people decide on Delphic, because it's really hard to capture it in hand swatches. I used Worldly Wealth blush (which everybody needs) and a little Magnetic Appeal to highlight. I'm about an NC42 (if MAC made an NC41 that would probably be perfect) and it is subtle, but it shows up. On my hand, it looks like nothing, but on my face, it's definitely there. I'm using it as a contour/blush kinda thing. I love bronzey brown cheeks, so if you're into that, and warm toned, I'd give it a try (Thanks to Mac-Guy for the suggestion). Also, loving Water Deities and Mystical. They're great everyday colors. Don't wanna make this post any longer, but I also bought the Conceal and Correct Palette in Medium Deep. For my WOC dealing with hyper-pigmentation, please give it a try. The Burnt Coral alone is worth the $40, for me.

Such a gorgeous nude on you! This is a must have for all you gorgeous WOC. You can rock purples and gorgeous nudes like this like nobody's business.

BrknFlwr85

That lipstick looks like something I would love in some swatches and like it would be a disaster on me in others. When it looks pinker I love it when it looks orangey brown no! I didnt want to take a chance
That's how I've been feeling, so I am going to try it on before I buy.