MAC Baking Beauties Collection (April 2013)

pocketmouse

If this is a return of Sugar Sweet, we might see the green wig again. ROFL
th_LMAO.gif

I'm cracking up at everybody's responses
lol.gif
I was actually about to say they need to do that collab with Meadham Kirchhoff we were talking about when those pictures were posted of the special packaging made for their runway show.

http://rookiemag.com/2011/10/meadham-kirchhoff/

83172006_MEADHAM-KIRCHHOFF-SPRING-2012-RTW-BACKSTAGE-beauty-2.jpeg

http://www.eyeshadowlipstick.com/10109/meadham-kirchhoff-spring-2012-rtw-beauty/

If yr gonna do pastels, visible wig lines, and crazy makeup then do it big!
flower.gif

pocketmouse

I would actually love for this to be a cutesy, baking collection though! and I'd totally be down for some pastels and especially for Perfect Topping. I sadly missed out on Quite Cute and Sugar Sweet so I'd love to see something similar.

OctoberViolet

iagree.gif
shrugs.gif

I do have a feeling this collection will be about baking like desserts (cakes, cupcakes, cookies). Something sugary and sweet. Maybe lots of pretty pastels like the Quite Cute collection. All I want is some purple stuff. Is that too much to ask for?
Is the point of this to make them look like living desserts? while I love the colors, I really don't get it

pocketmouse

Is the point of this to make them look like living desserts? while I love the colors, I really don't get it
LOL if you look at the Rookiemag link he actually captioned the photos they took and talked a lot about their inspiration behind the collection, but I found the one where he's talking about the wig in the first photo:

"This looks so good. It’s a painted/melted wig by James Pecis. Usually the hair is the first thing that comes to me for a collection, but this season I was really stuck. I wanted something really traditionally glamorous, but something gross and cool too. And I wanted them all bleach blonde. James sent me this idea he had been working on: melting wigs. It seemed perfect, to combine his melted-wig idea with all of these classic blonde-beauty glamour hair do’s, and a splash of color. Here we can see the nail stickers that Nail Rock made for us, using all the little figures we used throughout the collection."

so "traditionally glamorous, but something gross and cool too" a lot of their looks are really out there, I don't think they're necessarily about looking good or being wearable (at least in a conventional sense) it's definitely a certain aesthetic.

Genn

They look like melting ice cream cones to me.
huh2.gif
so while i don't find them gross I do find them a little bit sad.

Kaidan

If this is a return of Sugar Sweet, we might see the green wig again. ROFL
th_LMAO.gif

LMAO I like this picture, even the minty green wig. I might be a bit biased about the color of the wig because I used to dip dye my hair in that exact color and I loved it.

nillafrost

I know mineralized products are baked, but maybe they will come out with some new colors, it's never too early for some baked goods, especially makeup related!
You're right, mineralized products are baked. And April is too early for the big mineralize collection, so it must be something different. :nods:[/quote

ChosenOne

I would actually love for this to be a cutesy, baking collection though! and I'd totally be down for some pastels and especially for Perfect Topping. I sadly missed out on Quite Cute and Sugar Sweet so I'd love to see something similar.
iagree.gif
I somehow missed out on Sugar Sweet myself. Didn't miss out on Quite Cute, but I didn't buy much from that collection. Actually, I don't know if I bought anything from that collection. That must've been a month that I had amazingly good self-restraint! Or, more likely, amazingly low funds...

vaisforluvrs

Is it just me or does it seem like MAC keeps recycling the same themes year after year? Pastel, Summer, Winter. Same ideas, same sort of color families. I'd like to see a new and original theme. I'd like to see them do a Rainforest theme with lots of jewel tones!

MaitaiFluff

That would be amazing!! I have a feeling that they could switch this up and make it all about baking in the sun with bronzers galore. I hope not, though.
Is it just me or does it seem like MAC keeps recycling the same themes year after year? Pastel, Summer, Winter. Same ideas, same sort of color families. I'd like to see a new and original theme. I'd like to see them do a Rainforest theme with lots of jewel tones!

martiangurll

It isn't just MAC, the fashion world recycles the same colors and themes most seasons. The colors get muted or lighter or darker or they emphasize a different version of the same shade. And some things make sense, such as offering bronzers in the summer, which is a good venue for mineralized products or offering lip balms in the winter or early spring. I also think if they had success with a theme (like Wonder Woman) and they have been through the process of getting the licensing they are likely to try a similar tactic in the future.

I would love a rainforest theme and usually they have jewel tones in the summer (as do many lines like NARS and Dior) I actually think MAC tends to be a little ahead of the curve and right on trend with what the fashion gurus are doing.

vaisforluvrs

It isn't just MAC, the fashion world recycles the same colors and themes most seasons. The colors get muted or lighter or darker or they emphasize a different version of the same shade. And some things make sense, such as offering bronzers in the summer, which is a good venue for mineralized products or offering lip balms in the winter or early spring. I also think if they had success with a theme (like Wonder Woman) and they have been through the process of getting the licensing they are likely to try a similar tactic in the future.
I would love a rainforest theme and usually they have jewel tones in the summer (as do many lines like NARS and Dior) I actually think MAC tends to be a little ahead of the curve and right on trend with what the fashion gurus are doing.
That's true. Chanel does the same thing, which is probably why I haven't purchased anything from their collections in a while. NARS does offer quite a bit of different and original colors throughout their collections. I guess I'll have to pay more attention to them!

martiangurll

That's true. Chanel does the same thing, which is probably why I haven't purchased anything from their collections in a while. NARS does offer quite a bit of different and original colors throughout their collections. I guess I'll have to pay more attention to them!
And I am betting they have some great jewel tones in their summer launch.

VampyCouture

Each season I hear that "red lips are in"

lilinah

Just gotten into this thread, and i haven't caught up yet. This comment is in response to Page Two.

Perfect Topping MSF! I would love that. I've never seen it in person, but i recently researched on all MAC collections back to 2008, and this is one of the MSFs that jumped out at me.

And the name of the MSF suits that name of the collection...

ChosenOne

eyelove.gif
I would be all over that! And Emerald is the color of 2013, so hopefully we'll be getting into those kinds of colors this summer.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by peachsuns
BTW, how many collections are we expecting in April?

Well, looking over all the new boards that Mac-Guy has started, it looks like 4 releases in April. One is just Extended Play GigaBlack Mascara.

But as far a collections go, there appear to be three: Baking Beauties, In Extra Dimension 2013, and Fashion Sets 2013.