MAC By Request discussion

Jenrbelt

Originally I wanted Moth Brown, Jete, and Cult of Cherry. Today I woke up in one of those moods where I am telling myself, "you don't need these. Save your money for SS." I start thinking that no one in the real world is going to know the difference between these and some other colors, like the red gloss from Hey Sailor and COC...who's going to know besides me? But then again, I am sure that I will tell myself a whole different story when these appear on the site! :bump: Story of my life!!!

Genn

After my recent L'Oreal e/s binge, I'm going to skip this collection. Jete looks pretty but I'll have no shortage of shimmery neutrals (I'm sure I can live with Amber Rush).

The good news is I'm saving on MAC (passed on Beth Ditto, Casual Colour, Electric Cool and will skip Creamsheen & Pearl and Office Hours) - the bad news is that I've fallen in love with NARS.
holysheep.gif
I just bought a couple NARS items. My first ever...shadow pencils hollywoodland and goddess. I like these for inner corner highlighting. I had been eyeing Sin for awhile so i bought it and now outlaw is on my wish list. oh and the Sex Machine lip pencil. I had to see that one for the name alone. LOL

katred

Specktra Bestie
Story of my life!!!
Totally up to you if you'd rather put your money into SS, but just to play
th_devil.gif
I think that you'd be hard pressed to find a really good dupe for Mothbrown. There are lots of taupes in the world, but that one remains really special.

aradhana

Totally up to you if you'd rather put your money into SS, but just to play :thdevil: I think that you'd be hard pressed to find a really good dupe for Mothbrown. There are lots of taupes in the world, but that one remains really special.
lol....and here i was just wondering if i should just skip this collection... my list was moth brown, moxie and rocker. i'm starting to wonder if the latter two are so unique anymore (after the releases of this past year)...and then i was like 'well, no point placing an order for ONE eyeshadow....'

peachsuns

I got some NARS items (Nordstrom anniversary blush palette) lately, too! I'm so excited!

I might get a CYY bu and Moxie.
amuse.gif

Yazmin

Could anyone describe Moth Brown? Do I still need it if I don't wear neutrals often? TIA! 
According to Temptalia, it's a purple-tinted gray. Swatches are gorgeous so I want to grab a couple of these when it comes out. http://www.temptalia.com/mac-by-request-eyeshadows-review-photos-swatches

martiangurll

Could anyone describe Moth Brown?
Do I still need it if I don't wear neutrals often? TIA!
It is a smokey blue based plummy brownish grey. Somewhat frosty but no glitter. It really morphs quite a bit and mostly looks like a merge between a slate grey (blue based) and a cool brown. Depending on what it is paired with, it looks more plum vs. more grey. It never really looks brown on me or like plum, usually a cross between slate and frosty plum. HTH

p3chiu

I was at Inglot and some lady told me Inglot #434 was a good dupe for Moth Brown. I have purchased Inglot #434 because of this stranger's recommendation and i think it looks very nice. However, I still want to get Moth Brown :)

thatKanojo

Based on Temptalia's swatches, they do look similar. However, 434 seems to reflect more light than MB, and the undercolor is not really there whereas it's plain as day with MB. But, I think the frost/sheen is identical color wise. I'd love to see them side by side!

CiaoBellaa

My list is:
Candy Yum Yum
Moxie
Jete
Moth Brown

I'm looking forward to this collection :)
However online releases make me soo nervous that things will sell out in the blink of an eye. Hopefully the stock they have of these items is just as much as it would be if it were released in stores and counters!
th_star.gif

romi79_2008

^ My list is identical. Though I saw in Temptalia swatches that Moxie and impassioned are almost the same, the differences being in the finish and i have impassioned, just bought this spring, I also had jest but liked naked lunch better and gave it away and it looks really similar with jete. Plus I have a few of the shadows listed as dupes for moth brown. So still deciding if I really need all of them

peachsuns

It is a smokey blue based plummy brownish grey. Somewhat frosty but no glitter. It really morphs quite a bit and mostly looks like a merge between a slate grey (blue based) and a cool brown. Depending on what it is paired with, it looks more plum vs. more grey. It never really looks brown on me or like plum, usually a cross between slate and frosty plum. HTH
Moth Brown sounds very unique. I like how pretty it looks, too. I guess I have a wish list now. Thank you, ladies!
amuse.gif

HoneyMilk

I think I want Moth Brown and maybe 2 lippies. MAYBE. I am just still bummed that Solar White didn't make it :(
I can't remember if I asked this, but does UD Sin look anything like Jete? Or Snatch maybe?

HoneyMilk

Oooh... also, I was going to get Cult of Cherry lg because it looks so pretty but maybe should I just get the red lip bag from Illustrated? I like DG/ CSG formula much better.....

nikki1387

Based on Temptalia's swatches, they do look similar. However, 434 seems to reflect more light than MB, and the undercolor is not really there whereas it's plain as day with MB. But, I think the frost/sheen is identical color wise. I'd love to see them side by side!

HA! not even thinking about it, placed an order with inglot recently and ordered that shadow and #26, which is a much more gold sheen-y type shadow compared to solar white. guess i really wouldn't need all four. :)

all lippies for me!

bulbasaur359

Got a question regarding this collection. I'm gonna get Moxie for sure but deciding between CYY and Rocker. I already have Dear Diary thats my dilemma. I love Dear Diary but do I need both lol. I'm already stalking the site map lol.

duckrodeo

Got a question regarding this collection. I'm gonna get Moxie for sure but deciding between CYY and Rocker. I already have Dear Diary thats my dilemma. I love Dear Diary but do I need both lol. I'm already stalking the site map lol.
I passed on Dear Diary in anticipation for Candy Yum Yum. I feel they're "close enough" to not need both (unless of course you absolutely love your pink lipsticks, then you may want both). :)

I didn't realize how close Moxie and Party Parrot were (Moxie is more blue-based, but they would probably look roughly the same on the lips). PP was the only Iris lipstick I did not get a BU of, so maybe I'll just pick up one Moxie and that way I prolong the life of my PP that I've been holding out on because I've only got the one. Rocker and CYY are definitely coming home with me!