MAC By Request discussion

Ladychris11

I'm still Team Everything with BUs of the lipsticks and now Moth Brown eye shadow since it seems to be unique.
lol but what about us :( don't hoard everything! I just want CYY and maybe Moxie anyway. :) my PayPal is ready and I registered on PayPal solely for MAC. Can't wait 'til they're out.

admmgz

Hi! I just started getting into makeup not too long ago & I just recently joined here though I've been following most of the discussions for a while. I'm really interested in the By Request items (CYY, Moxie & COC). This may sound like a dumb question but do you think that those colors will bring out the stains in your teeth? I'm a big coffee/ tea drinker and I have health issues so my doctors won't let me bleach my teeth. Do you think those lip colors will put more of an emphasis on the stains? I hope not because they're such beautiful colors. Please let me know what you think. Maybe I should look into lighter colors?...

Shellcat

Hi there and welcome!
th_thstars.gif

Any blue-based lipstick will give the illusion of whiter teeth. As far a the shades you mentioned, I don't know, as I don't own any of them. Maybe some members can chime in on if these lip products are blue-based or not?

As far as your health condition on whitening your teeth... I am a RDH, and in my office the only contraindications on whitening are pregnancy/breastfeeding and hypersensitivity.

Believe it or not, swishing with hydrogen peroxide can lighten your teeth and allow for oxygen saturation to the gum tissue (which helps the gums and kills bacteria). We recommend swishing with it for no longer than 30 seconds and then rinsing with water afterwards(it CAN burn your gums if not rinsed properly).

Now, the whitening effect WILL NOT happen immediately, but over a period of time( 6 months or so) you will see improvement. I swish with hydrogen peroxide every night, but I also bleach my teeth.

If you want to discuss any other options on OTC(over the counter) whitening, PM me, and maybe I can help?

Hope this helps!

Hi! I just started getting into makeup not too long ago & I just recently joined here though I've been following most of the discussions for a while. I'm really interested in the By Request items (CYY, Moxie & COC). This may sound like a dumb question but do you think that those colors will bring out the stains in your teeth? I'm a big coffee/ tea drinker and I have health issues so my doctors won't let me bleach my teeth. Do you think those lip colors will put more of an emphasis on the stains? I hope not because they're such beautiful colors. Please let me know what you think. Maybe I should look into lighter colors?...

Ladychris11

I know Pink Nouveau makes the teeth look more yellow, though. Maybe not CYY, but I'm not really sure about Moxie simce you also some warm tones in there. Purple, I fimd, despite neing cool, has a tendency to make teeth look more yellow.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Wow,

I can't believe this is an online collection only. What a bummer.

I wonder how I missed that?

There are only a few things I want from this collex may one or 2 l/s and an e/s.

I've been MAC crazy all summer and I need to pull back.

I got so much stuff that isn't being used and it is starting to freak me out again!
I noticed the same thing about my collection. I still want to keep adding, but there are so many things that already aren't getting the love they deserve! I pulled out my Viva Glam Gaga 1 today- I don't think I'd worn it since winter!

martiangurll

I am going to be out of town when this comes out so maybe I won't get anything unless they actually put some stock in place. But, I am predicting multiple restocks like the Iris A collection, just a feeling though...

romi79_2008

Or maybe they`ll do enough stock like with the bloggers online collection, the items have been around till recently. Of course they`ll have a sell out first....

OhSoJaded

Or maybe they`ll do enough stock like with the bloggers online collection, the items have been around till recently. Of course they`ll have a sell out first....
That would be good. Of course, I'd want to buy everything I needed right away (if possible) so I wouldn't have to continue stalking the site for restocks...and to calm my nerves. Just want to make sure I get everything on my list!

Wmax

Maybe on Pro if we are lucky. Fingers crossed! :)
Macguy, what are you getting? Sorry if it's already posted. You open my eyes to thing I would not have normally considered with past collections and your opinions are dead on !