MAC By Request discussion

sss215

What collection did Guacamole come out on? I don't remember it at all. I started buying Mac at the tail end of Danse. So I have a Jete with about 1/4 left. I was coveting it. I use it to brighten under the lower lash line. I'd say BE Bare Skin is similar color or effect for me but the BE is shinier. I'm so disappointed Solar White didn't make it but I still have 1 backup. Best warm white ever. I covet that one too :D And now I'll be afraid to use my backup too much :( And it goes so well with the Heavenly Creatures mes like Magnetic Attraction. Oh well. So, I'll get another Jete. I'll pass on the lips probably. Not sure about Moth Brown. This collection does not seem as exciting as all the hype that went into it with the voting and everything. I wonder if there will be more disappointment overall than fun.
Salsabelle, 2004

Mac-Guy

What collection did Guacamole come out on? I don't remember it at all.
I started buying Mac at the tail end of Danse. So I have a Jete with about 1/4 left. I was coveting it. I use it to brighten under the lower lash line. I'd say BE Bare Skin is similar color or effect for me but the BE is shinier.
I'm so disappointed Solar White didn't make it but I still have 1 backup. Best warm white ever. I covet that one too :D And now I'll be afraid to use my backup too much :( And it goes so well with the Heavenly Creatures mes like Magnetic Attraction. Oh well.
So, I'll get another Jete. I'll pass on the lips probably. Not sure about Moth Brown.

This collection does not seem as exciting as all the hype that went into it with the voting and everything. I wonder if there will be more disappointment overall than fun.
I bought it when it came out, but I don't remember any Guacamole hype at that time.

Edelmc

I agree!  I think the person that mentioned MSF's was right on the money... literally!  MAC's MSF's seem the hottest sellers... always selling out first along with the lippies in new collections.  There are SO many MSF's people have been screaming for to come back... Warm Blend and Metal Rock come to mind right off the bat!  What a HUGE missed opportunity for a collection called "By Request" to leave out cheek/face products.  Can anyone say Ripe Peach Blush Ombre?
I keep telling myself that someday I will own perfect topping!!! Particularly with the quality and texture of msf improving in the past couple of years, if they brought back past colours in the latest formula it would be amazing imo

OctoberViolet

iagree.gif
There are so many past colors that I never got to try for so many amazing products. I would truly love if they would consider doing something like this for another collection.
Particularly with the quality and texture of msf improving in the past couple of years, if they brought back past colours in the latest formula it would be amazing imo

Pinkdollface

I'm also bummed out that by request isn't coming to the Netherlands. Or am I mistaken? I really wanted a few eyeshadows.
oh.gif
But maybe I can find them for a normal price on evilbay.
It is coming to the netherlands. At least according to a comment earlier on facebook I believe. But I have no idea about the time and if we'll get it all at once or also at different dates. I agree that the different dates are just stupid. I hope this doesn't release in the next week here, because tonight I'm leaving to france for my vacation.

Knope2012

I have no idea what I want. Well, I want a lot of things but I'm trying to stick to 3. With my newly tiny budget, $45 is plenty. I definitely want Moth Brown but I'm trying to decide between Candy Yum Yum, Moxie, Rocker, and Cult of Cherry for the final 2. I've got a pretty large lipstick collection, so could someone tell me which on my list are the most unique? Since this is going to sell out fast, I definitely want a definitive list.

Corally

When I heard about the collection I immediately thought: MSF's, BLUSHES, BLUSH OMBRE'S!! And then they only do eyeshadows, lipsticks and lipglosses.:eek:hboy: I'm also bummed out that by request isn't coming to the Netherlands. Or am I mistaken? I really wanted a few eyeshadows.:eek: But maybe I can find them for a normal price on evilbay.
It is coming to the netherlands. At least according to a comment earlier on facebook I believe. But I have no idea about the time and if we'll get it all at once or also at different dates. I agree that the different dates are just stupid. I hope this doesn't release in the next week here, because tonight I'm leaving to france for my vacation.
Yay!! But for some reason I thought Heavenly Bliss made to the last 3.. so I'll only buy Moth Brown then!

Copperhead

Yay!! But for some reason I thought Heavenly Bliss made to the last 3.. so I'll only buy Moth Brown then!
Heavenly Bliss didn't make it? Bummer. I had planned on getting that one.

ETA: Ok, nevermind. I see only Jete, Guacamole and Moth Brown made it.

purplerinne

When I heard about the collection I immediately thought: MSF's, BLUSHES, BLUSH OMBRE'S!! And then they only do eyeshadows, lipsticks and lipglosses.:eek:hboy: I'm also bummed out that by request isn't coming to the Netherlands. Or am I mistaken? I really wanted a few eyeshadows.:eek: But maybe I can find them for a normal price on evilbay.
I can CP the eyeshadows for u since that's all I plan to buy

aradhana

i didn't really understand why cyy is being repromoted in this collection....i guess only mac knows the numbers of the products they originally sold, but it's kinda bizarre considering they have moxie in the mix as well.... i really wish they released these at stores/counters. i find being forced to buy online is a real pain! maybe if they could do order online with an option to pickup in store.....

Ladychris11

And here I was wishing for Mink Brow Set! :D

baysaz

I bought it when it came out, but I don't remember any Guacamole hype at that time.
I looked up Salsabelle collection and I see that is where Parrot came out also, so maybe that's where the hype was instead. I read on Temptalia that Parrot was renamed from Kicky Blue. So, that means Parrot has come out a few times. And I don't remember ever hearing about Guacamole. Maybe the person who made Guacamole has been harboring jealousy over Parrot all this time and sat there and voted all day. And he will now have his moment ... :p

Genn

in my dreams they release all the other products that didnt win after all the winner sell out. I want my eden rocks and solar white dammit! LOL

Dreaming Dancer

I am excited for Moth brown. I love the taupe/gray/brown shades and this looks like it would be a perfect lid shade in my go-to smokey eye. I missed out the first time around. Also plan to get Jete and Bait, but that is all I think i would actually wear.

Corally

I can CP the eyeshadows for u since that's all I plan to buy
Thank you for the offer! I'll might take you up on that. According to Pinkdollface By Request ís coming to the Netherlands.. but otherwise I know where to find you haha.

nikou

:( If lipsticks, lipglass's and eyeshadows are released on different days I won't get free delivery. :( and I'll have to pay £8 in total just for delivery which feels not worth it..
I only want one lipstick and one eyeshadow

anyone know release dates for U.K?
I've heard that there will be no other collections released in august..

Latest posts