MAC By Request discussion

sss215

ok i've decided--per online swatches-- that moth brown has enough "purple-looking" tint for me to jump on the wagon :) I'm getting moxie and moth brown.  that's it! from this collection... :p
I think that's why I am going to get it too. If its not purple enough, I am sure I can make it more purple with something I have already. I think that after voting, I am not going to fret over Rocker the first week out. I have tons of colors similar (red or berry family and all of them that can be changed to look like something else with glosses or liners) and then there is the Marilyn collection that is going to have 3 reds/ red blends. Then there's fall makeup in general which is going to have tons of colors like Rocker. I have a few lip tars to get before they hit sephora and become super, super famous. And the gradual release is too much for me. I don't have any patience for it. So, Jete and Moth Brown on their release day and the lipsticks and what not later if still available. No biggie on those.

baysaz

Is moxie like a matte version of girl about town or is it more red? I want a hot pink-y color....I think candy yum yum is too bright no? Jete looks beautiful but it reminds me of a lighter/softer expensive pink....? Please tell me why I need moth brown. I straddle the fence with just about every collection and then miss out on gems! feed my addiction!!!
anyone.gif
clapping.gif
I wouldn't compare Jete to Expensive Pink. Based on the one I have, it's more of a darker version of Naked Lunch swatched side by side. It's a nudey pink, maybe a pinch of mauvey tones. It has a gorgeous pearly sheen. No coral, orangey, reddish or coppery of Expensive Pink in it. (maybe a slight coppery like a nudey coppery pink -I'm not sure on that :D)) Not like Magnetic Attraction either. Closest e/s I have to Jete is Bare Minerals Bare Skin which is shinier and maybe a bit reddish-browner.

There's something about Jete, and I just can't wait to get another one. I hope it turns out the same as the one I have.

ButterflyDior77

Anyone think MAC will put up the lipsticks early?? Have they ever posted a collection on a weekend?

I don't remember a collection that comes out on a Monday, so haven't a guideline as to if MAC would put up the products on a Saturday or Sunday ... I can see maybe sometime at midnight and after on Sunday night.. Since they have released collections 3 or 2 days in advance usually with Thursday release. The colors I want are in high demand here... And I'm freaking out that MAC hasn't anticipated the hype and will sell out shortly on Moxie ... Moxie is all I want. I have 2 Candy Yum Yum's .. And Rocker seems cool for winter, but I probably have a color close.

I really want Moxie. I mean it won't be the end of the world if I don't get it... But I want Moxie and then when the e/s come out I want Moth Brown..That's it... I voted for these two and I kinda want to get one of each that I voted for... The lipglass I voted didn't make the cut (3n or was it 2n) ... But I'm not a big lipgloss fan in general..

I think things sell out quickly as well , because people buy multiples... Which we all have the right to do if we want, but I wish for some collections peeps would just buy one of what they want so others can experience the product as well... Since it is only on MAC's website this time... Other collections that can be found in stores, I don't care how many each person buys off of mac's site tbh.... :))))

Richelle83

Anyone think MAC will put up the lipsticks early?? Have they ever posted a collection on a weekend?

I don't remember a collection that comes out on a Monday, so haven't a guideline as to if MAC would put up the products on a Saturday or Sunday ... I can see maybe sometime at midnight and after on Sunday night.. Since they have released collections 3 or 2 days in advance usually with Thursday release. The colors I want are in high demand here... And I'm freaking out that MAC hasn't anticipated the hype and will sell out shortly on Moxie ... Moxie is all I want. I have 2 Candy Yum Yum's .. And Rocker seems cool for winter, but I probably have a color close.

I really want Moxie. I mean it won't be the end of the world if I don't get it... But I want Moxie and then when the e/s come out I want Moth Brown..That's it... I voted for these two and I kinda want to get one of each that I voted for... The lipglass I voted didn't make the cut (3n or was it 2n) ... But I'm not a big lipgloss fan in general..

I think things sell out quickly as well , because people buy multiples... Which we all have the right to do if we want, but I wish for some collections peeps would just buy one of what they want so others can experience the product as well... Since it is only on MAC's website this time... Other collections that can be found in stores, I don't care how many each person buys off of mac's site tbh.... :))))
They put Ruffian up on Sunday night the official release was Monday, hopefully they will do the same with the lipsticks.

gracie90

I wish I knew for sure when this is coming out in the uk! I've done 2 live chats - one said "fall" and the other "not in August" :(

MAChostage

*Ducking* I have never found Moth Brown to be that special. Every time I read posts on Specktra professing so much love for it I go back and wear it again. And I always feel the same. It's just ok for me. But since it was a Barbie shade, and is so hyped, I hold on to it. But I admit that I never wear it.

katred

Specktra Bestie
*Ducking* I have never found Moth Brown to be that special. Every time I read posts on Specktra professing so much love for it I go back and wear it again. And I always feel the same. It's just ok for me. But since it was a Barbie shade, and is so hyped, I hold on to it. But I admit that I never wear it.
LOL! This is why I always say there's no such thing as a universal colour. It's funny, because I actually bought it the first time it was released (the year before Barbie) and when it came out again with the Barbie collection, I didn't even bother to get a backup, because I hadn't used that much of it. It wasn't until after that I realised how popular it had become (sort of like what happened with Lightscapade).

andabri

It's the 5th lol i thought it was midnight tonight?
I thought this too. That it is released on the 6th, which is not until midnight on Sunday night. I am getting confused by the posts though. Is it the 5th? should I stay up longer? lol

duckrodeo

I have a feeling it will be sometime in the afternoon, a la Ruffian. But who knows, MAC could pull a curveball.

usmcwife27

it is monday the 6th, but MAC NEVER releases collections on time!! They always release them earlier!! So
by the time the collection is truly released its normally sold out
thud.gif

andabri

it is monday the 6th, but MAC NEVER releases collections on time!! They always release them earlier!! So
by the time the collection is truly released its normally sold out
thud.gif
ah yes I know, but I thought they might this time since it is online only. lol wishful thinking.