MAC By Request discussion

Mac-Guy

I looked up Salsabelle collection and I see that is where Parrot came out also, so maybe that's where the hype was instead. I read on Temptalia that Parrot was renamed from Kicky Blue. So, that means Parrot has come out a few times. And I don't remember ever hearing about Guacamole. Maybe the person who made Guacamole has been harboring jealousy over Parrot all this time and sat there and voted all day. And he will now have his moment ... :p
Parrot is gorgeous!

hoshiakari_

Can anybody CP me CYY and Moxie? I'd normally stalk the site myself with all of you, but I'll be going on vacation. Going to pack on Sunday and leave on Monday. Le sigh.

Haven

So far my list holds steady at:

• Moxie (which is more wearable for me than CYY)
  • Rocker
  • All 3 lgs (b/c I am a lipgloss hoarder but there are more original LE colors that would have been more exciting); I am primarily interested in FoF

• Jete

I already have CYY which I neglect. I have many BUs of MB from Barbie. I also don't get the hype about guacomole. The makeup fiend in me is trying to resist buying it just to see what the hype is about. I would have also purchased Solar White and Heavenly Bliss, which didn't make the cut.

I agree that they should have included some blushes, msfs, or face products. Seems like a no brainer to include those as well.

sss215

Doesn't TXT still work for you?
Thanks. I'll try that. I don't keep up with the free shipping codes because I only order special online only items or items sold out in the stores. I rarely order online. I have to test everything. Last online order was Shop Drop quad and that was after I waited so long to get it from the counter.

bulbasaur359

I guess Moxie was permanent until last year? I did research and read that, but why are there no swatches? They should make these perm honestly.

PixieDancer

Does anyone know if Guacamole is close to Fresh Approach from the Photo Realism Quad? They look like they could be similar...

califabulous

Is moxie like a matte version of girl about town or is it more red? I want a hot pink-y color....I think candy yum yum is too bright no? Jete looks beautiful but it reminds me of a lighter/softer expensive pink....? Please tell me why I need moth brown. I straddle the fence with just about every collection and then miss out on gems! feed my addiction!!!
anyone.gif
clapping.gif

Richelle83

Oops, my bad. I actually was just looking on MUA to see if what I read was true and it wasn't so I was coming back on here to fix my post. Sorry about that now I feel stupid lol.
Don't feel stupid there is a lot of info out there, very easy to get confused or mislead!

Haven't been paying much attention but what are you planning on getting?

califabulous

Is moxie like a matte version of girl about town or is it more red? I want a hot pink-y color....I think candy yum yum is too bright no? Jete looks beautiful but it reminds me of a lighter/softer expensive pink....? Please tell me why I need moth brown. I straddle the fence with just about every collection and then miss out on gems! feed my addiction!!!
anyone.gif
clapping.gif
ok i've decided--per online swatches-- that moth brown has enough "purple-looking" tint for me to jump on the wagon :)

I'm getting moxie and moth brown. that's it! from this collection...
tong.gif

Merula

I'm getting Moxie and Moth Brown as well, and I might get CYY for my cousin as a surprise gift and ship it later to her to Puerto Rico
heart.gif

I might add a few items from the Goodbyes section (like Hocus Pocus) to my order with MB.

Ladychris11

:( If lipsticks, lipglass's and eyeshadows are released on different days I won't get free delivery. :( and I'll have to pay £8 in total just for delivery which feels not worth it.. I only want one lipstick and one eyeshadow anyone know release dates for U.K? I've heard that there will be no other collections released in august..
I think it will only be for the US and Canada since it's a website exclusive. What I'm gonna do though, is to have it shipped to an international courier and have the international courier ship it to me. I will pay through PayPal. Yes, that is how desperate I am so I really hooe I son't miss out since I'm all set :p

OhSoJaded

What I'm gonna do though, is to have it shipped to an international courier and have the international courier ship it to me. I will pay through PayPal. Yes, that is how desperate I am so I really hooe I son't miss out since I'm all set :p
Actually, based on the color story, this is not true. It's going to be released in US and I guess Canada in August as planned. It will be released online internationally sometime in Fall 2012, but there are no set release dates. I'd assume it would only be for countries that have their own MAC website.

ninalovesmakeup

I think I missed it, but what time to they normally launch the new collection? Is it Midnight Pacific time?

Here's my want list:
Moxie
Rocker
CYY

Cult of Cherry

Moth Brown
Guacamole
Jete

I was thinking about buying back ups, but I realize I've never hit pan on anything, so I'm going to try to stay steady with the above list.

Ladychris11

^^ oh I'm sorry I wasn't aware there were multiple websites as I could only biew that which the US and Canada shares. My apologies! :)

lyseD

Only Moth Brown for me.

I got a free shipping code after I did an online chat yesterday (Canadian website) but I'm not sure how long it is good for. I may have to do another chat closer to the release date.
amuse.gif

bulbasaur359

Don't feel stupid there is a lot of info out there, very easy to get confused or mislead!

Haven't been paying much attention but what are you planning on getting?
I'm for sure getting Moxie. I might get Jete and MB when those come out on the 13th unless my style seeker haul prohibits it lol. I have Dear Diary so not sure if I need CYY, I'm interested in Rocker but it's darker than what I am used to. Although, I didn't think I would wear brights until this year.