MAC - Cult of Cherry Discussion

PinkBasset

Me neither have yet tried my Spiced Chocolate quad. I got it last winter/spring and I guess I wanted to wait and wear it when it's fall (or it might also be that I have too much makeup...). It is super pretty though and now I will show it some love it deserves!
smiles.gif
Sometimes I'm too stuck with the season - when it's summer I wear my summercolours, in winter I go with my cool and dark colours etc.

GlamQueen21

Next month, I'm going to call the Gone But Not Forgotten program and get Blooming, Plum du Bois, Spiced Chocolate Quad, and Cherry Blossom l/g. I'll also get 2 Cult of Cherry l/g too and will give one away to someone who wants a backup of it.

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
Next month, I'm going to call the Gone But Not Forgotten program and get Blooming, Plum du Bois, Spiced Chocolate Quad, and Cherry Blossom l/g. I'll also get 2 Cult of Cherry l/g too and will give one away to someone who wants a backup of it.

The Gone But Not Forgotten program sounds so cool! I wish Mac was shipping internationally!
sigh.gif
Those are nice things you're getting Glam, I also have been lemming the blushes.
sneaky.gif
Maybe if The Perfect Cheek doesn't satisfy me, I'll think about getting Blooming, everybody seems to love it!

INFALLIBLE86

Quote:

HI. WHATS THE NUMBER TO CALL the Gone But Not Forgotten program ? THANKS.

petitetamtam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
maybe it's time we all visit the "shopping our stash" thread. I'm kind of in the same boat. I've been collecting MAC since 2005 and my stash is kind of bloaty right now and sometimes I feel a bit overwhelmed with it. I've been really picky about what I am buying this year and unless it's really all that and the proverbial bag of chips, I've skipped it. I feel like I need to spend more time appreciating what I already have and only filling gaps in my collection as I see fit.

Should I start a no-buy support thread? Would there be enough interest here at specktra/ENABLERS-RUS?
winks.gif

I would be in it!
yes.gif

SMMY

I think Photo Realism is my fav. premade MAC quad ever. It's slowly edging out my Thunder Eyes, which I never thought would happen. Spiced Chocolate quad doesn't even compare. The best quad MAC has released since I started collecting.
I think I may have a bit of a crush on it.
love.gif

MAC_Fafinette14

Resolutely Red lipstick feels like it should have been a part of this collection; it's such a lovely and wearable brandied-cherry colour.

Shypo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
I think Photo Realism is my fav. premade MAC quad ever. It's slowly edging out my Thunder Eyes, which I never thought would happen. Spiced Chocolate quad doesn't even compare. The best quad MAC has released since I started collecting.
I think I may have a bit of a crush on it.
love.gif

I totally agree! I have always been a pink/purple girl, but today is my first foray into Photorealism, and I'm SO pleased with the results!! I can't get over how blendable these colors are - and I love ALL of them, instead of just most of them.

This is by far the best pre-made quad.....and my previous favorite was Take Wing.......

LeeleeBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
I totally agree! I have always been a pink/purple girl, but today is my first foray into Photorealism, and I'm SO pleased with the results!! I can't get over how blendable these colors are - and I love ALL of them, instead of just most of them.

This is by far the best pre-made quad.....and my previous favorite was Take Wing.......

I guess it's what colors we are each into...and what looks best on each of us. I am not a big fan of gray and light greens...The one color thats the darkest in there, I can dupe.

I am really drawn more to plums, darker teals, burgundy, purple, brown, blue...I didn't have dupes of anything in the spiced chocolate quad except for the brown. Love this quad and I can get so many different looks out of it, whereas I don't think photorealism is as versatile or pigmented (at least on me).

LeeleeBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickatthegym
^What's the dupe for the dark color in the Photorealism quad?
winks.gif

I wouldn't say I have an exact dupe, but I have similar enough colors - though it's not exactly a fave of mine (as far as names...hmm one is in a sleek palette I own and those don't have individual color names)

banana1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickatthegym
^What's the dupe for the dark color in the Photorealism quad?
winks.gif

not identical but pretty close - deep blue green pigment

panda0410

I'm still in love with my Tempting quad
heart.gif
best quad ever!!! I skipped the last 3, Photo Realism looks quite generic to me... the only quad that appealed to me was In The Gallery, but the application issues and chalkiness saw me take a pass. I'm still probably going to get Tone: Grey, but hands down I keep going back to Tempting - its the first quad I've had that I would rather die than part with!!

Face2Mac

Ya, know, I didn't even have the Tempting quad. I have a CCO, so it's there but
after I got Rated R, I started thinking about this quad more and more. I am going to get it this week.

Don't know what about these type of greens but they just work which I think is strange that they can be wearable all day, to work and to play.

TISH1124

Quote:
^You are so lucky! I need another Dark Edge e/s! No other outer V dark brown eyeshadow will be better than Dark Edge.

I love Dark Edge...I also LOVE Buckwheat and Night Maneuvers