MAC Early Buzz - News for Upcoming Collections in 2017

LV2EVOLVE

I can't stand the cardboard palettes. I'm sorry, but I collect MAC for their lovely packaging. Cardboard vs. Mariah packaging? Come on MAC! Just file BK if it's going to continue down this path.

PrettyTwisted

I can't stand the cardboard palettes. I'm sorry, but I collect MAC for their lovely packaging. Cardboard vs. Mariah packaging? Come on MAC! Just file BK if it's going to continue down this path.

I too am turned off by the MAC Girls packaging. It's very "Ulta" lol. But I was thinking the same thing, if this is the beginning of some kind of decline? I have a mind to stock up on my perm HG products just in case

Mac-Guy

I think 4 seasonal collections with 2-3 collections in between would be ideal but MAC needs to get better with following the movement or momentum of trends. For instance, this Fall season they should've released a collection featuring various shades of nude for different skintones like nude eyeshadows (think saddle, soft brown, tete a tint, etc), some nude shade paintpots, nude lipsticks, nude blushes, and nude vamplify lipglosses. Instead, here we are waiting for Taraji's Viva Glam that looks very similar to Riri's Viva Glam. This is sad.
OMG, yes!!!!

Mac-Guy

MAC was my first cosmetic love but lately it doesn't excite me. I'm not in their preferred demographic anymore and I find them less and less exciting with each release. It's sad. I've lost interest due to the "super bloggers " (one in particular). What really breaks my heart is to see the impact on great communities like Specktra.

Bloggers must suffer too. Considering how much traffic a large blogger like T received via MAC releases... Their numbers must be down too.

PrettyTwisted

Taraji's Viva Glam that looks very similar to Riri's Viva Glam.

I agree but since RiRi's collection was impossible for me to get I feel like I'm getting a second chance with Taraji for similar lipsticks I missed out on with RiRi. I'm super excited and will be getting both the lipstick and the gloss

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
What a bummer. The big fall collections used to be so much fun: MAC Me Over, Fabulous Felines etc. Why can't we get something like that again?! A big collection that has something for everyone with lots of neutrals and fall appropriate shades. I also miss the summer Mineralize collections.
Maybe the good old MAC days are gone for good. :ghost:

Mac-Guy

What a bummer. The big fall collections used to be so much fun: MAC Me Over, Fabulous Felines etc. Why can't we get something like that again?! A big collection that has something for everyone with lots of neutrals and fall appropriate shades. I also miss the summer Mineralize collections.
I believe ED replaced the mineralize collections...

Miss Dynamite

I believe ED replaced the mineralize collections...
That I have no problem with, mineralize eyeshadows were the most awful, useless things I've ever seen, yet stupid me kept buying them anytime the color was pretty. I do love mineralize blushes though, especially the ones from Colour Craft, they are the only blushes that are sheer enough to look natural on me because of my awful skin.

Mac-Guy

That I have no problem with, mineralize eyeshadows were the most awful, useless things I've ever seen, yet stupid me kept buying them anytime the color was pretty. I do love mineralize blushes though, especially the ones from Colour Craft, they are the only blushes that are sheer enough to look natural on me because of my awful skin.

I don't miss mineralize products either...

Mac-Guy

I actually hope they come up with a new formula that is similar in texture to the ED, but with more variety in finishes.

Miss Dynamite

I actually hope they come up with a new formula that is similar in texture to the ED, but with more variety in finishes.
That would also be nice. I'm sure they could make different finishes with ED though, Dark Dare was a different finish than the rest...and for some reason, MAC discontinued it. I'm still hoping that someday, they make a bunch of bright colors like red, orange, yellow, teal, etc.

Prettypackages

this would be awesome.
I think 4 seasonal collections with 2-3 collections in between would be ideal but MAC needs to get better with following the movement or momentum of trends. For instance, this Fall season they should've released a collection featuring various shades of nude for different skintones like nude eyeshadows (think saddle, soft brown, tete a tint, etc), some nude shade paintpots, nude lipsticks, nude blushes, and nude vamplify lipglosses. Instead, here we are waiting for Taraji's Viva Glam that looks very similar to Riri's Viva Glam. This is sad.

PrettyTwisted

The big fall collections used to be so much fun: MAC Me Over, Fabulous Felines etc.

OMG I loved Fabulous Felines, I still have Out Minxed and it's my favorite glaze lipstick. MAC Me Over, All Races All Sexes, these collections used to feature great brushes as well.

violetta

....and who can forget `` Cult of Cherry ``.

verorl

Cult of Cherry was fabulous! So was Fabulous Felines, the Makeup Art Collection, even A Noble Romance... There were so many fun and fabulous big summer collections too...

I miss the MAC of years past... :mecry:

Latest posts