MAC for Marilyn

NitaNinja

does anyone think FM will end up in CCO's? I skipped it and im a NW15 so I feel like I really missed out on this one :(
If you have one near you call them. I called and they couldn't tell me which products would be there but told me they should have the collection next month. There may only be one left but I'm determined to get it!

MACerette

Ah, but what will you do about it?

Me? If I have any sense I won't leave the boundaries of Sephora-less Delft until the promo ends. But, as it has been proven time and time again, I don't have any sense when it comes to makeup. Come to think of it I don't have any sense when it comes to most things
lol.gif

When will the promo end anyway?
well, that depends. I have been contemplating buying one or two Chanel e/s quads and there is a Sephora only a few kilometres away... I could also do with a decent mascara.
However... I will try to restrain myself, because we need the money for something else. (Doesn't mean I won't cave in).
soapbox.gif

ETA: and Benefit's powderflage

BuickMackane

well, that depends. I have been contemplating buying one or two Chanel e/s quads and there is a Sephora only a few kilometres away... I could also do with a decent mascara.
However... I will try to restrain myself, because we need the money for something else. (Doesn't mean I won't cave in).
soapbox.gif

ETA: and Benefit's powderflage
Whatever you decide it'll be for the best
flower.gif

I'd probably make the trip if the UD Oz quads were in but I don't think we'll have them for a while yet.

MACerette

flower.gif

I'd probably make the trip if the UD Oz quads were in but I don't think we'll have them for a while yet.
Well I just found out that AG will release in the UK later this week. I doubt that buying 4 - 5 products is worth ordering from the UK. I just tried to find out when it releases here, because if it will come here shortly, I'm going to have to pass on the Sephora deal. Otherwise I might splurge...

BuickMackane

Well I just found out that AG will release in the UK later this week. I doubt that buying 4 - 5 products is worth ordering from the UK. I just tried to find out when it releases here, because if it will come here shortly, I'm going to have to pass on the Sephora deal. Otherwise I might splurge...
I thought the European release was March? UK usually gets stuff earlier than us but not by that long. I wish we had a live chat thingy here too. Inquiries over the phone don't help much
lol.gif

BunnyHeffner

If you have one near you call them. I called and they couldn't tell me which products would be there but told me they should have the collection next month. There may only be one left but I'm determined to get it!
I would be seriously surprised to see FM show up there. I think it was one of the most sought after items in the collection and was sold out everywhere.

That being said...I'll still cross my fingers and check next month!
amuse.gif

MACerette

I thought the European release was March? UK usually gets stuff earlier than us but not by that long. I wish we had a live chat thingy here too. Inquiries over the phone don't help much
lol.gif
Nope, and neither does mailing them, but I have the feeling that the MAC e-mail team are all equally enthusiastic, no matter which country...
nope.gif

Sometimes I wonder why they even have the email option. Mailed several times, several countries and not once was I given a proper response, that is IF I got a response at al..
tumbleweed.gif

(I thought it was March 2nd, right?)

BuickMackane

Nope, and neither does mailing them, but I have the feeling that the MAC e-mail team are all equally enthusiastic, no matter which country...
nope.gif

Sometimes I wonder why they even have the email option. Mailed several times, several countries and not once was I given a proper response, that is IF I got a response at al..
tumbleweed.gif

(I thought it was March 2nd, right?)
Yup. That's what Beautyscene says anyway :)

Pinkdollface

flower.gif

I made the trip this weekend, because Sephora NL's facebook page said the Oz palettes were in. If you have facebook do subscribe, because they'll let you know if they have something new in:) I got the Glinda palette! Also I believe to promo ends on february 24th.

BuickMackane

I made the trip this weekend, because Sephora NL's facebook page said the Oz palettes were in. If you have facebook do subscribe, because they'll let you know if they have something new in:) I got the Glinda palette! Also I believe to promo ends on february 24th.
Nice one!
pompom.gif

How much are the palettes? I want to go but I'd be majorly pissed if I they're sold out. All that fuss for nothing.

Pinkdollface

Nice one!
pompom.gif

How much are the palettes? I want to go but I'd be majorly pissed if I they're sold out. All that fuss for nothing.
Thanks! I believe €45-46, without any discount. You can also call and ask if they can hold one for you. I did that once for a nail polish and they were ok with it.

BuickMackane

Thanks! I believe €45-46, without any discount. You can also call and ask if they can hold one for you. I did that once for a nail polish and they were ok with it.
Yeah, I could try calling them I suppose. Only I remember trying to call them a while back (can't remember why) and the phone number they have on the website didn't work. Either way, I don't think I'll have time to go in the next few days because there's too much stuff on at work. I could have finished a bit early on Friday but they've scheduled a stupid strategy meeting for the whole afternoon
sleepy.gif

Pinkdollface

Yeah, I could try calling them I suppose. Only I remember trying to call them a while back (can't remember why) and the phone number they have on the website didn't work. Either way, I don't think I'll have time to go in the next few days because there's too much stuff on at work. I could have finished a bit early on Friday but they've scheduled a stupid strategy meeting for the whole afternoon
sleepy.gif
How strange that the phone number didn't work. I don't get sephora on the phone directly, but someone from V&D (the store sephora is located in). I just ask if they can direct me to sephora and they do. I hope you'll be able to get your palette(s)!

Knope2012

I've used Forever Marilyn daily since I got the powder and I love it! I'm going to see how the new NARS powder compares to it. I also use Legenday a lot, and Deeply Adored was the lipstick I used for my wedding. Of course, I've been using a lot of my reds every since my husband said they're his favorite on me
heart.gif

sadiebaby781

I've used Forever Marilyn daily since I got the powder and I love it! I'm going to see how the new NARS powder compares to it. I also use Legenday a lot, and Deeply Adored was the lipstick I used for my wedding. Of course, I've been using a lot of my reds every since my husband said they're his favorite on me
heart.gif
Yes, please get back to us on how it compares, I'd love to know!
smiles.gif
TIA!

Fiberluver

I'd be shocked if FM showed up @ cco.
That and the lipsticks were highly sought after.
Heck, I'd be shocked if any of the lip sticks make it.
I may break my no-buy and check out my local cco next month.

BuickMackane

How strange that the phone number didn't work. I don't get sephora on the phone directly, but someone from V&D (the store sephora is located in). I just ask if they can direct me to sephora and they do. I hope you'll be able to get your palette(s)!
Maybe it was a temporary problem with their phone line. It was a long time ago. Calling V&D directly is a good idea though. Thanks!
flower.gif

Not that I'm getting the pesky palettes any time soon. Cult Nails just started a 25% off sale (runs until the 8th). Let's just say I was overenthusiastic...
angelic.gif

MACerette

If you would like it we could place an order together again like with By Request. That would lower the shipping costs:)
That would be a great idea. However, I had to make a jugdement call today as to how much money I would wire to my credit card because otherwise it will definately not be processed in time (I assume it will release this Thursday on MAC UK). Unfortunately the money came late as it was... I didn't wire extra money
th_dunno.gif
I'm so sorry...

I decided to wait for the release here. I also told myself that if I don't get the pro discount I will restrict myself to the B + V PMs and perhaps one or two lipsticks. I can dupe the Veronica quad, I can dupe the Veronica quad, I can dupe the Veronica quad..... BB is like FoL and RS, flamingo, cut a caper, I don't need it, I don't need it, I don't need it...
wacko.gif

If several interesting collections go online in the UK at the same time, I might order in the UK then. I do hope we can all score what we want.

What's your wish list?