MAC In Extra Dimension Collection 2013 (April 2013)

Yazmin

This shadow was such a problem for me, and I finally got it to work, or learned how to use it, now it's a regular in my rotation.
I love the way blushes like sur, poised, small vanity, and (cannot think of the name, but the one that came from jeanius) give my cheeks a natural glow highlight. But when you look at them in the pan they seem like they'd be ashy or not give me any color. I think I'm back on all team all of the blushes.
I smokey mauve is looking like a bruise in some swatches, but I think it might be a nice darker nude/neutral color for me.

I hope blazing haute is nothing like the red Mac just came out with. That red was horrible on me.

Liba, I got rid of amber glow and regret it.

If y'all find it, let me know. Is it time for htat collex to hit the cco yet? LOL I"m already ready for Archie's Veronica palette to get there.
I do, but I let one of my SAs have my backup. I'm okay without a backup but if an opportunity presented itself to get another one, it'd be hard to pass up.

Prettypackages

Definitely try At Dusk over some foundation - I'm betting you'll be pleasantly surprised!!!

With the way technology keeps advancing, I think we're going to see more and more blush with smooth enough textures that ashiness will be a lot less common, if not a thing of the past. Before, if you wanted a color that was light and bright, you had to rely on white pigments in the mix that'd be murder on deeper complexions, but now there are light reflective silicas that add brightness without adding what is basically white powder, plus everything is getting milled finer and finer so it melts into the skin and can avoid more and more gritty shimmer bits that'd just sit on top of the skin adding heavy powderiness. Time for everyone to start throwing out all these old rules that just hold creativity back - it's not just makeup, it's also freedom from difficult application and freedom to break old assumptions. All ages, all races, all genders through technology - that IS MAC's policy after all!!!!!
grouphug2.gif
I still don't know how you know all of this stuff, but I'm so glad you do. there are soo many products I would have avoided if I only looked at swatches from certain bloggers. not sure how my wallet feels though.

Prettypackages

Admittedly I feel a little stupid that I seem to be pretty much the only one who doesn't like the blushes.
001_unsure.gif
I'm not sure if it was because the waxy coat that has been mentioned. I really digged in there with different brushes, which were always clean. But it was so hard to pick up product, they were just stiff and weird. And I totally expected T to give them a bad rating, so I'm surprised.
I'm glad to read that they work for most of you, though!
Omg, don't feel stupid... Sometimes it is hard to get a product to work. I worked with Havana for like a month straight before I finally figured out how to work with it. Don't ever feel stupid though. We love our Detective and your reviews are just as important as the others.

KrystalAnne

This shadow was such a problem for me, and I finally got it to work, or learned how to use it, now it's a regular in my rotation.
I love the way blushes like sur, poised, small vanity, and (cannot think of the name, but the one that came from jeanius) give my cheeks a natural glow highlight. But when you look at them in the pan they seem like they'd be ashy or not give me any color. I think I'm back on all team all of the blushes.
I smokey mauve is looking like a bruise in some swatches, but I think it might be a nice darker nude/neutral color for me.

I hope blazing haute is nothing like the red Mac just came out with. That red was horrible on me.

Liba, I got rid of amber glow and regret it.

If y'all find it, let me know. Is it time for htat collex to hit the cco yet? LOL I"m already ready for Archie's Veronica palette to get there.
If we find Amber Glow? It's still on MAC's website. I'm so tempted to order it. I had always been curious about it but never picked it up.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by valkolak
Has anyone compare Triple Impact to the purple that came out with Glamourdaze? Ready to Party I think it was?

Sorry, i don't have a photo. Triple Impact is definitely pale violet with lavender pearl - i ordered it but it won't arrive until Friday, April 12. Ready to Party is more of a cool/blue toned pale pink - i have it.

I like RtP, but it was not really what i'd consider lilac, which is what MAC called it, it looks pinker to me.

cindypltnm81

Erine you've admitted to being a bit of a smart ass, so even though it might not be your intent, your post can come off as rude. People are going to respond to that.  She isn't the first poster who has had an issue with what you have said.  Look at how Liba described darker skin tones wearing the colors compared to your analysis. There is a major difference.  
Oh my heavens!! Finally a neutral responder and who understood my disposition. What's sad...my initial response wasn't even the tad bit rude! Then all her STANS came after me like I was making trouble! Libra definitely made a valid point! I will never allow anyone to tell me what I can limit myself to! I love the diversity that makeup brings! Hence the reason I joined 2 years ago! It's like everyone just attacked me for standing up or giving her my response! Her statement was rude, but she's entitled to it! I'm an RN who just loves and appreciate the beauty of makeup for heaven's sake!

Shellcat

PrettyKitty, surely hope you get to feeling better.

I always love to see your reviews and pics!
bouquet.gif

I won't be able to do full face swatches for tomorrow, I'm feeling dizzy and my cats are driving me crazy, so I'm sitting here with my makeup half done and my cats meowing and trying to jump in my makeup. lol Jeeeeez, leave me alone, cats! lol

cindypltnm81

I like to apologize to any of the ladies and gents on this thread I've offended with my out of character antics! I allowed ignorance to take me and it was not fair to any of you people who read my posts!! I felt attacked by few individuals who know nothing about me! I know enough about makeup and have been around it for 10 years to know what works for me! And no I don't need to be a makeup artist to give advice as well as receive it! Just like my job as an RN, I don't know it all and will never pretend I do...it's always a continuum learning process. Just like the application of makeup! Thanks:) Cynthia

Prettypackages

Oh my heavens!! Finally a neutral responder and who understood my disposition. What's sad...my initial response wasn't even the tad bit rude! Then all her STANS came after me like I was making trouble! Libra definitely made a valid point! I will never allow anyone to tell me what I can limit myself to! I love the diversity that makeup brings! Hence the reason I joined 2 years ago! It's like everyone just attacked me for standing up or giving her my response! Her statement was rude, but she's entitled to it! I'm an RN who just loves and appreciate the beauty of makeup for heaven's sake!
I'm not a fan of internet stanning or jumping on the side of a popular poster, just b/c they are more vocal. And to be honest, there probably was a little bit of something in the response b/c as WOC it is tiring being told what you can/cannot wear. or you get tired of makeup that isn't geared to you or doesn't even consider you. (not saying you were rude, just saying)
This has happened before. So at some point, ppl need to look at the common denominator.
If you feel you have a right to say what you want, without a filter, then you have to be prepared for how people will respond to you.
But let's be honest, this place is normally positive but ppl are going to have disagreements from time to time. It's all in how you handle them, and no one should be afraid to say anything.

I'm not trying to rehash anything but let's be fair.

iATEaSEAmonster

Haha, looking back in the thread, I'm a little puzzled at what exactly happened. Not to be rude to anyone, but I didn't see anyone really being rude in the early 60s pages. -shrug-
Anywho, I will definitely get a skinfinish, but I might also get Bareness. It just looks so beautiful on everyone. xD It also looks subtle enough for me to wear everyday.

Yazmin

Haha, looking back in the thread, I'm a little puzzled at what exactly happened. Not to be rude to anyone, but I didn't see anyone really being rude in the early 60s pages. -shrug-
Anywho, I will definitely get a skinfinish, but I might also get Bareness. It just looks so beautiful on everyone. xD It also looks subtle enough for me to wear everyday.
You won't see them as those posts were removed.

LAKESHA1908

Oddly, I'm still contemplating Bareness depending how it swatches IRL. It could work as a subtle highlight over something else more pink. Just gotta find that nice pink for my skintone, though.
I agree it would be great as a highlight ; ) Especially, for my NC44 skin tone. Seeing as it is still in stock on the site, I may get it when the other 2 MSFs show up. I want the pink MSF for a highlighter.

patentg33k

Any pale girls tried on Fiery Impact yet? I'm not sure if I missed out on pictures. I want to order it, but I'm hesitating to.
Mostly Sunny is pretty pale, here she is wearing Fiery Impact...I suspect that you can control the amount. It doesn't look OTT on her.

http://mostlysunnyblog.com/2013/03/07/look-final-verdict-of-mac-fiery-impact-blush-from-in-extra-dimension-2013/

Prettypackages

Haha, you had them both and got rid of both? And you want them again? What makes you want them again? I passed on both and kind of regret it.
Mineralize products tend to break me out, so I was leery of them. I figured I had so much stuff I wasn't going to use them. Liba's post reminded me of how good they were for the no makeup look. I never noticed the color when I wore it in my office, but when I was outside and saw how the light hit them, I was in love. I just gave up on them too soon.