MAC In Extra Dimension Collection 2013 (April 2013)

KrystalAnne

Screw it. I placed my order. I'm tired of thinking about it!

I ordered Triple Impact, Opalesse, Fiery Impact, At Dusk, &BH. I still want Definitely Defined. Come ooooon MAC!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Omg, don't feel stupid... Sometimes it is hard to get a product to work. I worked with Havana for like a month straight before I finally figured out how to work with it. Don't ever feel stupid though. We love our Detective and your reviews are just as important as the others.
Aw, TY Prettypackages.
bouquet.gif

cindypltnm81

I'm not a fan of internet stanning or jumping on the side of a popular poster, just b/c they are more vocal.   And to be honest, there probably was a little bit of something in the response b/c as WOC it is tiring being told what you can/cannot wear. or you get tired of makeup that isn't geared to you or doesn't even consider you. (not saying you were rude, just saying:) I definitely want to keep the positive energy going!! This has happened before. So at some point, ppl need to look at the common denominator.  If you feel you have a right to say what you want, without a filter,  then you have to be prepared for how people will respond to you.  But let's be honest, this place is normally positive but ppl are going to have disagreements from time to time. It's all in how you handle them, and no one should be afraid to say anything.  I'm not trying to rehash anything but let's be fair. 
I agree whole heartedly. I definitely should've handled it differently... I don't post often because I honestly don't have the free time doing 12 hr shifts back to back! But I just didn't expect all that to have transpired the way it did! I have never had an issue since being a member here. I actually look forward to what others bring to each thread! Makeup is truly a work of art and Im always trying to reinvent ways I can wear something that's normally geared for lighter skin tones! Anyway, appreciate your honesty:)

KrystalAnne

Mostly Sunny is pretty pale, here she is wearing Fiery Impact...I suspect that you can control the amount. It doesn't look OTT on her.

http://mostlysunnyblog.com/2013/03/07/look-final-verdict-of-mac-fiery-impact-blush-from-in-extra-dimension-2013/
That's true. From what I've been reading, all of these blushes seem pretty hard to overdo it. It does look nice on her! Thankssss :)

LAKESHA1908

I say people buy what you want!!!!! I have seen some on here purchasing products that don't do justice to their skin tone, that's my opinion. However, no one is going to tell me what I can and cannot purchase. Regardless. if your a PRO makeup artist ,free lance, or just a makeup enthusiast I have seen horrible makeup from all three....At the end of the day DO YOU!

BunnyHeffner

I agree whole heartedly. I definitely should've handled it differently... I don't post often because I honestly don't have the free time doing 12 hr shifts back to back! But I just didn't expect all that to have transpired the way it did! I have never had an issue since being a member here. I actually look forward to what others bring to each thread! Makeup is truly a work of art and Im always trying to reinvent ways I can wear something that's normally geared for lighter skin tones! Anyway, appreciate your honesty:)
The problem with the Internet is that it is hard to tell someone's tone or intent just by what they type. I appreciate that you said you should have handled it differently but sometimes we all get caught up in the heat of the moment. I hope you continue to post and there are no hard feelings about anything. After all, we're just a big family here, right?

Corally

Hmm.. crap. I thought I could skip the entire collections but after the blush reviews the blush whore that I am want almost all of them. :crazy:

lilinah

Whew!! I finally waded through the over-400 messages that i had not yet read on this board!

My package with my four ED eyeshadows - Zestful, Opalesse, Triple Impact, and Smoky Mauve - and the 128 Split Fiber Cheek Brush is scheduled to arrive on Friday, April 12, but sometimes
mac_boxday.gif
comes a day early.

Truly, the duo-chrome iridescent pearl of these ED shadows just does not show up well in photos. They are really GORGEOUS in person.

After reading that some people found a "waxy" coating on the blushes, i suspect that was making them all look a bit pale when i tested them. I thought something was up, but i figured it was my ignorance in choosing the wrong brush for an ED blush. Sooooo, Bareness and At Dusk are back on my to-buy list.

And i am STILL all a-flutter for ALL the ED SFs. I suspect that Definitely Defined will be the most "natural" for me. But i LOVE playing with colors, even ones that might be "wrong" for my coloring, my age, and my style - or, rather, my complete lack of style :) - like both Stratus and Earthshine from Heavenly Creature which on my pale face make for high drama, but they were too beautiful to skip. So i may cave and get all three EDSFs.

I'm just nervous because these hit the stores the same day as the PRO-only Nudes and Metallics. And i will have to get to my local MAC before opening if i can't get the blushes and EDSFs i want on-line. And then i'll have to trek across the Bay and across town to the PRO store to test the Nudes and Metallics - and hope there are still some products i like left!

Ah, the things we are willing to do to get our makeup fix.

cindypltnm81

The problem with the Internet is that it is hard to tell someone's tone or intent just by what they type. I appreciate that you said you should have handled it differently but sometimes we all get caught up in the heat of the moment. I hope you continue to post and there are no hard feelings about anything. After all, we're just a big family here, right?
I would like to believe so...I most def plan on continuing my posts on any thread how often or less I can. I don't deter easily:)

luvlydee

I only ordered Flaming Chic and At Dusk. I was honestly on a no blush by since i only really use 1 or 2 in my stash but since these are a formula i never had i wanted to get it lol. So that is it! No more blushes!!! (For now at least O:) )

Jol0

I only ordered Flaming Chic and At Dusk. I was honestly on a no blush by since i only really use 1 or 2 in my stash but since these are a formula i never had i wanted to get it lol. So that is it! No more blushes!!! (For now at least O:) )
At Dusk is so tempting! How many blushes are in your stash?? Haha what's considered too many blushes?

erine1881

Erine you've admitted to being a bit of a smart ass, so even though it might not be your intent, your post can come off as rude. People are going to respond to that.  She isn't the first poster who has had an issue with what you have said.  Look at how Liba described darker skin tones wearing the colors compared to your analysis. There is a major difference.  
I'm not a fan of internet stanning or jumping on the side of a popular poster, just b/c they are more vocal.   And to be honest, there probably was a little bit of something in the response b/c as WOC it is tiring being told what you can/cannot wear. or you get tired of makeup that isn't geared to you or doesn't even consider you. (not saying you were rude, just saying) This has happened before. So at some point, ppl need to look at the common denominator.  If you feel you have a right to say what you want, without a filter,  then you have to be prepared for how people will respond to you.  But let's be honest, this place is normally positive but ppl are going to have disagreements from time to time. It's all in how you handle them, and no one should be afraid to say anything.  I'm not trying to rehash anything but let's be fair. 
Im guessing, based on your response, that you didnt read my posts, so explain to me how saying that pigmentation problems may be due to people gravitating towards colours too light for them? That was initial post. Then i was misquoted, misquoted again, and i simply resposted my initial post. I even agreed with the girl. Yes, i can be a smart-ass. I've admitted it. But none of my posts were rude nor smart-assy. Yet again, not one of my posts were deleted, so i dunno what to tell ya. And whats funny, is that not once did i mention any specific skintone in my post. I never said fair skin, WOC, light or dark, nothing. Those were assumptions that you just made, as did the person who had an issue with my post. I said "skintones", and both of you assumed i meant WOC, which i didn't. All skintones have colours that are too light for them.

Prettypackages

All skintones have colours that are too light for them.
I read everything you wrote. so you don't know what to tell me?? really, that phrase alone is snarky and unneccesary. I don't have the energy to argue with you. But if you know you can be a smart ass, don't be surprised if ppl take offense to what you say even when you had no intention of doing so. That's my whole point. But if you don't get that basic premise, shrugs shoulders, but be prepared for more run ins like these. And it's not your first. And in a short time frame.

My WOC comment was more to her and how the comments were perceived. It also was the context and the flow of the conversation at that time.

cindypltnm81

Im guessing, based on your response, that you didnt read my posts, so explain to me how saying that pigmentation problems may be due to people gravitating towards colours too light for them? That was initial post. Then i was misquoted, misquoted again, and i simply resposted my initial post. I even agreed with the girl. Yes, i can be a smart-ass. I've admitted it. But none of my posts were rude nor smart-assy. Not one of my posts were deleted, so i dunno what to tell ya. And whats funny, is that not once did i mention any specific skintone in my post. I never said fair skin, WOC, light or dark, nothing. Those were assumptions that you just made, as did the person who had an issue with my post. I said "skintones", and both of you assumed i meant WOC, which i didn't. All skintones have colours that are too light for them.
I read your statement! Never once were you misquoted(others can read it for themselves)! My posts and a few ignorant members posts were deleted due to your stans talking crazy to me. And I responded to them as I did with you. You can try to rephrase what you stated all that your heart's desire, but I know exactly what you meant! It was rude and if you're not accustomed to applying makeup on someone as deep in my skin tone per say...give it a try! But you reference these blushes (makeup) as being too light for certain people skintone! I highly doubt you were talking about your own skintone! Lets be frank! Anyway, you'll never own it, because you know deep down you were rude or wrong! But at least I can apologize for getting ignorant on here and accept it! Have a blessed and fantastic day!

honey on boost

OMG after seeing these new swatches I think I need to go back and order the other blushes. I only bought at dusk and blazing haute now I want to go in for seconds
girlhaha.gif

EDIT* Damn it! Flaming Chic is now sold out.. Looks like I'll be making a trip to my local counter next week.