MAC - Love Lace Discussion

Ggxox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leven
Come one MAC!

The title of the collection is LOVE LACE, how about some lacey false eyelashes like the Shu Uemura ones?

This!!!

xoxo

Shadowy Lady

I have marked my calender for this collection
smiles.gif
I don't know if it'll be as good as Style Black but it has a lot of blues and I soooo freakin love blues!

MACPixie

I am excited for this one! A few of the shadows sound good and I definitely want Raven and the blue Kohl powers! Trying to limit myself to only a few things per collection!

GlamQueen21

So getting Pincurl e/s this time! I cannot believe that I missed out on it and has to kick myself for not getting it. I'm also going to get at least 2 Icescape lipglasses.

mac_aiken

^^Glam, I'm definitely with you on Icescape. It is one of my all time favorites. So pretty and versatile.

latinalovesmac

This collection sounds so pretty, b ut I think all the colors are going to be too cool toned for me. I have a hard time making them work. Any suggestions?
th_dunno.gif

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinalovesmac
This collection sounds so pretty, b ut I think all the colors are going to be too cool toned for me. I have a hard time making them work. Any suggestions?
th_dunno.gif

lol, I don't believe in this rule for eyeshadows. IMO anyone can wear any colour eyeshadows they like. I'm neutral toned and I wear mostly cool toned eyeshadow colours (like blues, mint greens, teals and purples), but that's just my preference. There are eyeshadows that might look better on you than other based on your eye colour, but I don't see what it has to do with your undertones...

Lipsticks and blushes are different. I cannot do very warm toned or yellow undertoned lipsticks
th_dunno.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
lol, I don't believe in this rule for eyeshadows. IMO anyone can wear any colour eyeshadows they like. I'm neutral toned and I wear mostly cool toned eyeshadow colours (like blues, mint greens, teals and purples), but that's just my preference. There are eyeshadows that might look better on you than other based on your eye colour, but I don't see what it has to do with your undertones...

Lipsticks and blushes are different. I cannot do very warm toned or yellow undertoned lipsticks
th_dunno.gif

i couldn't agree more! i have no clue if i'm warm or cool toned in skin (i tend to be kinda yellow with pink cheeks if that helps at all!
tong.gif
) i wear both warm and cool toned shadows and think they look great! sure some suit my eye colour better than others - greens make my eyes look fantastic as do purples. but i've never not worn a colour because of my skintone.

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_aiken
^^Glam, I'm definitely with you on Icescape. It is one of my all time favorites. So pretty and versatile.

YAY! So, how many backups of Icescape are you going to get?

latinalovesmac

So do you lovely ladies pair cool toned shadows with warm toned lipsticks and blush. How do you keep from looking washed out? I guess I really need to play with my blues, and teals more often. I am a lot more willing to wear bold lipsticks than I am bright eyeshadows, eventhough I do own a lot of them.

Susanne

Quote:
So do you lovely ladies pair cool toned shadows with warm toned lipsticks and blush. How do you keep from looking washed out? I guess I really need to play with my blues, and teals more often. I am a lot more willing to wear bold lipsticks than I am bright eyeshadows, eventhough I do own a lot of them.

No, if I wear cool toned e/s I try to wear blue-based blushes and lippies.

Shadowy Lady

Quote:

I usually wear blue based pink blushes with my pink and teal looks. Though you can always wear a light peachy one as well. During the summer I just wear a bronzer. For lipsticks it really depends on the occasion. I wear peach or light pink lipsticks mostly but sometimes I just feel bolder and throw some Show Orchid on
yes.gif

Liya2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
So getting Pincurl e/s this time! I cannot believe that I missed out on it and has to kick myself for not getting it. I'm also going to get at least 2 Icescape lipglasses.

Get it, it's amazing, I love it and I think you will to
heart.gif

latinalovesmac

I really need to pull out my beautiful blues and teals. They have been abandoned by me. Thanks for the suggestions. I will try them out. I am sick right now so now is a perfect time to play with makeup since I can't go anywhere. Good thing my sister came over to help take care of my kids.

Susanne

Quote:
I really need to pull out my beautiful blues and teals. They have been abandoned by me. Thanks for the suggestions. I will try them out. I am sick right now so now is a perfect time to play with makeup since I can't go anywhere. Good thing my sister came over to help take care of my kids.

Yes, take some time for yourself!

LMD84

Quote:

hope you start to feel better soon sweetie! and at leats playing with your make up will distract you a little. and it's nice of your sister to help you out!

teals and blues are fabulous so i hope you hve fun playing!

latinalovesmac

Aww, aren't you ladies the nicest! I hope I feel better by tomorrow morning. I am going to call my MAC counter tomorrow and askthem to call me when Love Lace and Warm and Cozy come in so I can play with them and get teh MA opinions on what colors will work together. I have the nicest MA's they firmly believe in taking risks so I should get a lot of cc from them. I guess that is one advantage of living in such a conservative area, people often like being edgy just to rub it in.
th_wink3.gif

Miss QQ

Now that I've seen the holiday collection, except for the mini-glosses and pigments sets, I'm getting excited for this collection. I want Icescape, I need it. The e/s, Hypnotizing, Love Lace and Suave Intentions look perfect for winter. If I don't have anything dupable for these in my stash, I'll have excuses to buy these.
th_wink3.gif