MAC Matchmaster Collection (Sept. 11, 2014)

leahrenae

I love the PLW too its one of my fav concealers. I like to recycle the little mac sample jars and just pump a few pumps of my PLW in there and use it that way. I would imagine you could probably use shade 4 or 5.
I do this for my foundations too!
I don't reach for PLW concealer very often, I'll probably never use it up

I still have a studio sculpt concealer that I sometimes use for brows, but mostly for my face. I'm not sure how this will work in my undereye area, but we shall see. it gets cakey might quick in that area.

CarmenK

I do this for my foundations too!
I don't reach for PLW concealer very often, I'll probably never use it up

I still have a studio sculpt concealer that I sometimes use for brows, but mostly for my face. I'm not sure how this will work in my undereye area, but we shall see. it gets cakey might quick in that area.
I used to have 2 studio sculpt concealers and I just eventually b2m them, I used one for my brows as well until one MUA turned me on to the PLW for the brows since SS would get cakey there sometimes. And I didn't really like SS for under my eyes or to spot conceal. I'm hoping these new concealers will work really well under the eye.

Pamele

I know I know
sigh.gif
I still haven't found that perfect contour shade that doesn't have that much warmth to it, maybe shadowy sculpting powder?
same thing, for now I use Studio Finish concealer, because I can't really find any grey-toned one tbh, I just use Balm's Bahama Mama afterwards 'cause it's kinda greyish, but I wish
I could find a cream version of it :)

Hmmmmm I think I NEED a few of these!!!

I am a concealer lover and I also love the Matchmaster Foundation, soooooo I think that's reason enough to justify purchasing a few. Yupppp, totally justified
yahoo.gif

Monsy

Plw is the only thing that does not crease on me and does not settle in my lines. It's so long wearing and gives full coverage. I doubt that any other concealer will top that.

leahrenae

I'm not really a fan of PLW for under my eye. it always creases on me
I thought I was the only one. I don't really like it either. plus my skin is a little dry and no matter how much I moisturize, what serums/primers I use, it ALWAYS creases on me and tends to look cakey. I hardly use it anymore. think I'll just B2M it.

Candycoatedclos

ha! me too! they're super creamy. I'm hoping they work well for me

I thought I was the only one. I don't really like it either. plus my skin is a little dry and no matter how much I moisturize, what serums/primers I use, it ALWAYS creases on me and tends to look cakey. I hardly use it anymore. think I'll just B2M it.
See I dont know. I'm not sure if it's just because I'm new to using concealer to really cover my dark circles under my eyes butit gets cakey and creases. I moisturize, I prep, I set, I use a primer and nothing but creases. Grrr...

CarmenK

I'm not a fan of the PLW underneath the eye either its very drying and creases. I love the Nars creamy concealer for that and the PLW to spot conceal
eyelove.gif

Glamstylz

To combat against creasing i set it with MSF powder or studio care blends and it helped alot.. I was using studio fix but it made it look to cakey to me.. even the lightest application

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Got the concealer in 1.0 today. First off, it's definitely darker than NW15. Like several shades darker compared to Studio Finish in NW15, and it's more orange/yellow toned as well. So far I have just played around a little, so I can't say that much about it yet, but it's pretty creamy. I have dry skin, so that's fine, but I'm not sure how that will work for oily skin. Coverage is light to medium IMO, not as much as Moisturecover. I tried it on my eye area, but I feel like it looks off. Not sure yet...
For blemishes the coverage doesn't seem enough for me personally, but it seems nice for evening out the redness in my cheeks. Doesn't emphasize pores or dry patches at all.

I'm a bit underwhelmed, mainly because the shade is not as light as I hoped. I'll see if works for me nevertheless.
I'd say if you have dry skin and are looking for something with coverage on the lighter side you might enjoy this.

ETA: had to take it off because my eye area started to burn.
sigh.gif

CarmenK

Got the concealer in 1.0 today. First off, it's definitely darker than NW15. Like several shades darker compared to Studio Finish in NW15, and it's more orange/yellow toned as well. So far I have just played around a little, so I can't say that much about it yet, but it's pretty creamy. I have dry skin, so that's fine, but I'm not sure how that will work for oily skin. Coverage is light to medium IMO, not as much as Moisturecover. I tried it on my eye area, but I feel like it looks off. Not sure yet... For blemishes the coverage doesn't seem enough for me personally, but it seems nice for evening out the redness in my cheeks. Doesn't emphasize pores or dry patches at all. I'm a bit underwhelmed, mainly because the shade is not as light as I hoped. I'll see if works for me nevertheless. I'd say if you have dry skin and are looking for something with coverage on the lighter side you might enjoy this. ETA: had to take it off because my eye area started to burn. :sigh:  
Oh noo :( thanks for the review Nay! This will be a skip for me

sdsamler

Omg I CRIED when they discontinued studio sculpt concealer! This might be worth a look if it's similar :) SS always worked so beautifully under my studio fix powder :)

Latest posts