MAC Matchmaster Collection (Sept. 11, 2014)

leahrenae

my first impression upon initial application:

I used 5 under my eye and 6 on my forehead and cheek and applied directly from the tube and blended with my fingers.

pros:
easy to blend
color match is great (using 5 for under my eyes wasn't too light, gave just enough highlight)
can be built to medium or full coverage
creamy and easy to apply

cons:
clung to dry patches, making them look worse
accentuated my pores, almost immediately after application (my skin is pretty decent so that was unusual for me)

I like this better for a highlight, not for concealing on the face, since it accentuated my pores so badly. but it worked for under eye concealing.

I'm not going to keep either one, however. I much prefer the Bobbi Brown skin stick foundation.

just had to see what these were about

NewChick10

Quote:Originally Posted by AllThingsFab101

Hmmmmm I think I NEED a few of these!!!

I am a concealer lover and I also love the Matchmaster Foundation, soooooo I think that's reason enough to justify purchasing a few. Yupppp, totally justified
yahoo.gif

I love your YouTube videos. Welcome to the forum.

Yazmin

Oh, this looks interesting! I love the formula of PLW concealer (off-topic, but any advice on how to control how much product is pumped out of the container? I only use it for under eye circles and don't need as much product that comes out). I definitely want to try these. If I'm a NW35 in PLW Concealer, any ideas what shade I could try for these? I'm NC42 in PLW foundation if that helps! :)
I believe either shade 4 or 5 would match you. try googling the shade comparison chart MAC has

I have that issue too... I just very, very gentle press down on the pump little bit little. but I still end up wasting some product
I use my thumb as anchor on the side of the pump. It seems to cut down on excess product.

sdsamler

I thought this would be like studio sculpt concealer in stick form but it's a little too creamy for my oily skin....i probably used too much bc I found it cakey under studio fix powder around my nose :/ imma keep trying with this bc I like the convenience of a stick.....coverage seems ok but not as much coverage as I would think from such a thick product, select cover up is more pigmented and thinner which is more my style

I wouldnt recommend matchmaster for someone with oily skin...then adding fix powder on top of that definitely seems like it would be too much

The texture of this is as if Mineralize and Studio Finish had a baby; if I pat Matchmaster in with my fingers the finish is more matte, but using a brush leaves it more satiny.

Yazmin

I had ordered 7.5 concealer from the website and it turned out to be too warm - it's even too dark to use on my face. I went in to take a look at 7 and it's too light. It was surprising to see such a drastic difference going from 7 to 7.5. It reminded of the gap between NC45 and NC50 in the PLW concealer.

sdsamler

yea, already returned this guy :/ I kept trying to work with it but it was just reaalllyyy sheer and i would try and build it up, which is a huge mistake, and it just looked disgusting with my oily skin. I would put this on my zits, scars, and under eyes and NOPE this just wore off in no time and slid around everywhere.It looked almost like i had applied nothing at all, the only evidence would be cakeiness! I think these are great for drier skin and to only highlight/contour....these are too sheer in my opinion, to actually cover anything :/ I'm already back to my PLW and it's like coming home lol.

Periodinan

yea, already returned this guy :/ I kept trying to work with it but it was just reaalllyyy sheer and i would try and build it up, which is a huge mistake, and it just looked disgusting with my oily skin. I would put this on my zits, scars, and under eyes and NOPE this just wore off in no time and slid around everywhere.It looked almost like i had applied nothing at all, the only evidence would be cakeiness! I think these are great for drier skin and to only highlight/contour....these are too sheer in my opinion, to actually cover anything :/ I'm already back to my PLW and it's like coming home lol.
Too bad that it didn't worked for you.
I tend to have drier skin and I wanted to use it under my eyes. When I tried it on in the store it seemed to be okay at first but when I tried to build it up it started to look really cakey.
I tried using it on my cheeks to cover red spots but it was just too oily for my liking.
sigh.gif

MISSRED

I really like the matchmaster foundation because it is yellow based, which cancels out the redness issues i have.

xfarrax

I got the concealer in number 2, I find it hard to build this up to full coverage, also don't like this for under my eyes at all it just seems too emollient, for ease of use around my face it is great but not anything I would repurchase. Think my fave mac concealer is studio finish (I have the medium palette) - when I set it with the right powder it stays put and had great coverage in one swipe.

Latest posts