MAC Mineralize (Lip And Cheek) Collection (July 31, 2014)

Monsy

that's very interesting. I do have LE petal power, would love to compare it to the new permanent one

Rebellefleur

I skipped petal power ! =\ only because it looked so similar to other blushes I own.. like nars orgasm but more frosted..
& Im not digging the new Mineralized packaging ='(

Kaidan

T said in her comments that the new Petal Power is not the same as the LE one, so that is disappointing. She didn't say specifically what has changed, but that she will be reviewing at some point. I hope the other perm shades aren't going to be different too because I really like the old formula.
Nooo!!!
crybaby.gif
getyou.gif
I have skipper's remorse over Petal Power when it was released early this year, and was hoping for it to be the same as the previous one. I still might buy it despite the packaging change unless it's an obvious change like Stereo Rose MSF.

Rebellefleur

Nooo!!!
crybaby.gif
getyou.gif
I have skipper's remorse over Petal Power when it was released early this year, and was hoping for it to be the same as the previous one. I still might buy it despite the packaging change unless it's an obvious change like Stereo Rose MSF.
I kind of do as well.. but I have soo many mineralized blushes so at the time I justified why I skipped it.. since then Ive sold 3 of my mineralized blushes and well.. I should have bought it =(

Kaidan

I kind of do as well.. but I have soo many mineralized blushes so at the time I justified why I skipped it.. since then Ive sold 3 of my mineralized blushes and well.. I should have bought it =(
Which mineralized blushes did you had? The only mineralized blushes that I have are two of the Quite Cute ones. I skipped Petal Power because I thought I didn't need a blush atm (I have very few though) and was more interested in Perfect Topping, but by the time I went back to the stores to purchase PP it was sold out (which was a few days after the store release).

beautycool

Hi ladies not sure about these now either if most look frosty I'm not even sure what one to go for I own none of them lol Any advice ladies thank you

Rebellefleur

Which mineralized blushes did you had? The only mineralized blushes that I have are two of the Quite Cute ones. I skipped Petal Power because I thought I didn't need a blush atm (I have very few though) and was more interested in Perfect Topping, but by the time I went back to the stores to purchase PP it was sold out (which was a few days after the store release).
I have a ton! the 3 I got rid of were 2 virtues, conjure up and another LE marbled one I cant remember the name of..
I have a bunch of the permanent ones... dainty, gentle, warm soul etc, I would buy mineralized blushes every summer from their mineral collection so thats partially why I had so many.

Anitavino

I picked up the new Warm Soul and I plan to return it. Barely shows up unless layered on and looks a tad orange on me :( I recall swatching it a couple of months ago in the store and loving what I saw. Really bummed. I swatched the new Petal Power and thought it was a much brighter pink than I remember the original being.

BriarRose

Mineralized face and eye products are basically my favorite things MAC makes in addition to the lipsticks, and since most of their mineralized stuff has not really been geared to the super pale and cool lately, I had to go check out Just a Wisp MB the other day. Looked at New Romance too while I was there.

I have never attempted swatches to share before, but thought I would try in case it could help someone! This is all natural sunlight; first pic is outside with no cloud cover, 2nd-4th pics are in various amounts of partial shade.

L: New Romance; R: Just a Wisp

Allegedly I'm NW5.

I don't know if you can pick up on it in the swatches, but for me the texture of each one was very different from the other. NR kind of melded into my skin, whereas JaW essentially sat on top of it. If that makes sense? I don't know if the difference is simply due to the high frost factor of JaW or if it's something else. NR definitely has a sheen to it, but to me was not overwhelming, especially compared to JaW.

This is also an example of why I have major problems with anything remotely warm toned. It may or may not look like it in the pictures, but NR in real life looked like I had a bruise on my hand, LOL.

I picked up JaW and hope to try it today. Will let y'all know what I think of it when I do.

MACina

Mineralized face and eye products are basically my favorite things MAC makes in addition to the lipsticks, and since most of their mineralized stuff has not really been geared to the super pale and cool lately, I had to go check out Just a Wisp MB the other day. Looked at New Romance too while I was there.

I have never attempted swatches to share before, but thought I would try in case it could help someone! This is all natural sunlight; first pic is outside with no cloud cover, 2nd-4th pics are in various amounts of partial shade.

L: New Romance; R: Just a Wisp

Allegedly I'm NW5.

I don't know if you can pick up on it in the swatches, but for me the texture of each one was very different from the other. NR kind of melded into my skin, whereas JaW essentially sat on top of it. If that makes sense? I don't know if the difference is simply due to the high frost factor of JaW or if it's something else. NR definitely has a sheen to it, but to me was not overwhelming, especially compared to JaW.

This is also an example of why I have major problems with anything remotely warm toned. It may or may not look like it in the pictures, but NR in real life looked like I had a bruise on my hand, LOL.

I picked up JaW and hope to try it today. Will let y'all know what I think of it when I do.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and the swatches, BriarRose
bouquet.gif

Very,very helpful
thmbup.gif

Corally

A lot of the 'old' mineralize blushes have been OOS for a while online (in Holland) and I really want/need a BU of the 'old' Dainty.. After these stories of the new mineralize blushes not being the same I'm scared I'm gonna hate the new Dainty. I will go shopping in Amsterdam tomorrow so I have three chances to get my BU. Fingers crossed. :haha: I kinda want a BU of Gentle as well but I don't use that one as often as I used to so I think I'm good..