MAC Nutcracker Sweet Holiday Collection (2016)

dcarrington

I've been going back and forth on what to get and I think I'm just gonna get the copper face palette (no backups). I finally will have the ever so coveted whisper of gilt but having Oh Darling and Bobbi Brown's bronze glow, I think I have more than enough of that color highlighter in that shade range to last me a very long time. On top of wanting to get that Mariah Carey highlighter and the new extra dimension highlighters coming up, I will be on highlighter overload.

Faith05Hope07

I'm really like sweet vision and the copper face duo but I already had wog and got rid of it and I also have heatwave. Decisions decisions...

dcarrington

The swatches are wack because I was in a rush and annoyed after swatching the ABH Ultimate Glow Kit. The highlighters swatched nicely. Pleasure Model in the lighting at Macy's I could barely see on my skintone without tilting my hand. It will make a nice natural blush. It kind of reminded me of the darker shade in the Nars Dual Intensity blush, Fervor. It was a tester so I found myself swiping and swiping and not much color getting on my skin. As you can see in my swatch! Dusk, forget it for me. Tutu is pretty but not worth me buying that one. Didn't think to take a pic of the compact but it's velvet.

View attachment 57012
Same swatch, different pics. Outside in top, inside on bottom. NW45.

Bottom pic, full size. Indoors
View attachment 57013

Swatch video on my IG, link below.

Did it look really small? The og edsfs were .31oz but I see this one is .32 according to temptalia's review. I'm wondering if that's the size of both the hightlighter and the blush combined or the highlighter and the blush individually.

Honi

Looks like the 2 Face Kits and the Sweet Vision are going to be the sellouts. Maybe a couple of the lipsticks. The eyeshadows are pricey; $25.50 here in Canada (so almost $29 with our glorious 13% tax!). My guess is they will still be available to go on sale or to the CCO (plus warehouse sale here in Canada).
Id gladly accept 13% over our 25%, Sincerely Denmark.

lipstickaddict

The individual eyeshadows are already available at the Bay online in Canada. They popped up this weekend - must be a glitch or something since nothing else is available.

alle685

The swatches are wack because I was in a rush and annoyed after swatching the ABH Ultimate Glow Kit. The highlighters swatched nicely. Pleasure Model in the lighting at Macy's I could barely see on my skintone without tilting my hand. It will make a nice natural blush. It kind of reminded me of the darker shade in the Nars Dual Intensity blush, Fervor. It was a tester so I found myself swiping and swiping and not much color getting on my skin. As you can see in my swatch! Dusk, forget it for me. Tutu is pretty but not worth me buying that one. Didn't think to take a pic of the compact but it's velvet.

View attachment 57012
Same swatch, different pics. Outside in top, inside on bottom. NW45.

Bottom pic, full size. Indoors
View attachment 57013

Swatch video on my IG, link below.

This is so great! Thank you! Sweet Copper is so pretty!

NaomiH

Do all counters/ stores have this out to look at? I was going to go into Austin today to run some errands and might pop by a MAC if there's a chance of seeing this in person before the in store date.

lyseD

Do all counters/ stores have this out to look at? I was going to go into Austin today to run some errands and might pop by a MAC if there's a chance of seeing this in person before the in store date.

Even though I pre-ordered nothing was out, I didn't get to see anything. I just knew what I wanted.

EDIT -- we don't have to pre-pay either. They just put it all aside for you so if you change your mind you just take what you like on the day of pick up.

Shars

Might be worth it to call ahead and see. Perhaps one of the bigger stores might.

montREALady

I was on the fence about the Sweet Peach Face Compact but I think I may end up passing on it. The Dusk shade is not the type of pink that I typically like to wear as a blush and I'm not overly impressed with Tutu. I may just opt for getting two of the Copper Face Compacts should I choose not to get it but we'll see. Thank you for your swatches! You've been on a roll today! :)

Hahaha, I went to Macy's to pick up my ABH Sweets palette so decided to check other stuff out while I was there. I personally don't find Dusk to be flattering on me at all. It would be like putting MMB from Selena on my cheeks basically. Same concept. Better suited as an eye shadow maybe. Maybe if it had some sort of sheen to it, but it's matte.

montREALady

For me, she showed them to me when I was doing my pre-sale and at the cash. They have them behind the counter. I think they always do that with holiday. That's how they get those sales.

verorl

I'm thinking I will pass on this... None of the colors seem out of this world must haves, and I have spent a lot of money on other things lately, so I'd rather save for other collections.

NaomiH

Even though I pre-ordered nothing was out, I didn't get to see anything. I just knew what I wanted.

EDIT -- we don't have to pre-pay either. They just put it all aside for you so if you change your mind you just take what you like on the day of pick up.

For me, she showed them to me when I was doing my pre-sale and at the cash. They have them behind the counter. I think they always do that with holiday. That's how they get those sales.

Thanks for the info ladies! I really want the compact with WoG in it and am afraid it'll sell out. Never knew they did holiday pre-sales! I feel like such a noob. Lol

Tarabotti

Was this Macy's Herald Square? If it was, which counter did you go to? I know that I want to get WOG before it sells out but I need to swatch the other items before I buy.

montREALady

Was this Macy's Herald Square? If it was, which counter did you go to? I know that I want to get WOG before it sells out but I need to swatch the other items before I buy.

Yes, 3rd floor. She said they have a lot now and should get more on launch day (27th). But it's better to be safe than sorry. When I told her what I wanted she was like "Oh yeah girl you better get it now". They literally put the product in the bag for you until the launch day.

lilinah

I will really have to swatch in store, since different swatches make the quality of the products look so variable!

I'm liking Leap of Delight lipstick, Pretty Dainty eyeshadow, maybe Yum3 face powder, Saucy Little Darling lipstick, and the Cool Eye Palette. Perhaps the Nude Mini-Lipstick Set.

I have Whisper of Gilt and At Dusk, so I don't need either the Peach or the Copper Compact. None of the bags does anything for me. And I'm sure I won't want all of the above on my test list.

I'm excitedly awaiting the Strobe collection - I want all the creams, the pinwheel, and maybe the powders!

Last edited:

Latest posts