MAC Nutcracker Sweet Holiday Collection (2016)

DeAnn Smith

Anyone seen Sweet Vision on pale folks like moi? I'm NC/NW 15. I really want the WOG duo. I'm not sure about the peach one. I'd love to see more swatches of it and the two magic dust powders. But I gotta get the copper one. Damn. After Selena and Star Trek, I really thought I was skipping this collection! Thankfully I'm almost out of my Osbourne Cheeky Bugger and was needing a new blush. I was planning to get Warm Soul but.....I've never gotten a mineral blush from MAC. Did someone say they break? I've had MAC ladies tell me Warm Soul would look great on me and sampling at the store I tended to agree. Wonder how Pleasure Model compares to Warm Soul?

Monsy

Anyone seen Sweet Vision on pale folks like moi? I'm NC/NW 15. I really want the WOG duo. I'm not sure about the peach one. I'd love to see more swatches of it and the two magic dust powders. But I gotta get the copper one. Damn. After Selena and Star Trek, I really thought I was skipping this collection! Thankfully I'm almost out of my Osbourne Cheeky Bugger and was needing a new blush. I was planning to get Warm Soul but.....I've never gotten a mineral blush from MAC. Did someone say they break? I've had MAC ladies tell me Warm Soul would look great on me and sampling at the store I tended to agree. Wonder how Pleasure Model compares to Warm Soul?
you should get warm soul. it is amazing on nc15. one of the best mac blushes.

DeAnn Smith

you should get warm soul. it is amazing on nc15. one of the best mac blushes.

Aw, thank you! I was torn between that and Dainty. I had Dainty on one cheek and Warm Soul on the other and wasn't even a question!

Anyone know if the Nutcracker collection is going to be available early for Obsessed and Devoted members?

BrittLuvsMakeup

Hahaha, I went to Macy's to pick up my ABH Sweets palette so decided to check other stuff out while I was there. I personally don't find Dusk to be flattering on me at all. It would be like putting MMB from Selena on my cheeks basically. Same concept. Better suited as an eye shadow maybe. Maybe if it had some sort of sheen to it, but it's matte.

Thanks for thinking to swatch the compacts while you were there. I love MMB as an eyeshadow but putting a similar shade on my cheeks would be a big no no, lol. The only products I'm 100% sure I'm getting at this point are Copper Face Compact and the Sweet Vision Magic Dust Powder. I think I may take my chances and wait for the rest of the items I was interested in to either go on sale on the site or make it to a CCO since nothing else screamed "must have" to me. I'm also interested in buying quite a few items from other upcoming MAC collections so I just want to make sure I get the products I really want.

Icecaramellatte

I will really have to swatch in store, since different swatches make the quality of the products look so variable!

I'm liking Leap of Delight lipstick, Pretty Dainty eyeshadow, maybe Yum3 face powder, Saucy Little Darling lipstick, and the Cool Eye Palette. Perhaps the Nude Mini-Lipstick Set.

I have Whisper of Gilt and At Dusk, so I don't need either the Peach or the Copper Compact. None of the bags does anything for me. And I'm sure I won't want all of the above on my test list.

I'm excitedly awaiting the Strobe collection - I want all the creams, the pinwheel, and maybe the powders!

The Strobe Collection looks great!

As for Whisper of Gilt, I wore it for the second time today. It looked great but I don't want to wear it a 3rd day. I want to move on to my other new highlighters.:sunshine: (This will have to do for a highlighter smile. Wish there was one). So more evidence that I should not buy the duo. Again, I hope that stays in my head. I lose all reason on launch days.

Miss Dynamite

On Facebook, MAC keeps saying that this will be released today in US. Idk if that is for everybody or just devoted and obsessed members. But be ready if you think anything you want might sell out fast.

Shars

On Facebook, MAC keeps saying that this will be released today in US. Idk if that is for everybody or just devoted and obsessed members. But be ready if you think anything you want might sell out fast.

Hmmmm.... All the collection stuff which showed up on the site before have all disappeared when you do a search now.

NATlar

Anyone know what finish the nude lipstick is in the nude lip bag "Magic Spell?" I have the Copper Face Compact and Peach Face Compact in my basket (UK site) dunno if I want to press place order because it's £58 for them both and I spent so much on the selena haha!!

Corally

Anyone know what finish the nude lipstick is in the nude lip bag "Magic Spell?" I have the Copper Face Compact and Peach Face Compact in my basket (UK site) dunno if I want to press place order because it's £58 for them both and I spent so much on the selena haha!!

I also want to know! I asked that question to T like a week ago and never got an answer.

I think the collection should be out tomorrow here? Since it's up in the UK now. Didn't expect it for at least a week or two tbh.

NATlar

I also want to know! I asked that question to T like a week ago and never got an answer.

I think the collection should be out tomorrow here? Since it's up in the UK now. Didn't expect it for at least a week or two tbh.

I think it'll be a cremesheen looking at it definitely not a matte but hopefully a satin!

Yeah it's not meant to be out here yet you have to type in the specific name to add it to the basket!

Corally

I think it'll be a cremesheen looking at it definitely not a matte but hopefully a satin!

Yeah it's not meant to be out here yet you have to type in the specific name to add it to the basket!

Judging by T's lip swatch I think it's a cremesheen at best... but for some reason I think it's a lustre :/

NATlar

Judging by T's lip swatch I think it's a cremesheen at best... but for some reason I think it's a lustre :/

Yeah it's either one of them... I'm loving all of that set I know the lipliner is permanent and I've been wanting that forever and the gloss reminds me of "Pamela" out the Brooke Candy collection but warmer and more of a pink undertone then a brown!

Corally

Yeah it's either one of them... I'm loving all of that set I know the lipliner is permanent and I've been wanting that forever and the gloss reminds me of "Pamela" out the Brooke Candy collection but warmer and more of a pink undertone then a brown!

I really wish they'd put that info in the color story, it's not that hard :/ because if it's a lustre they can keep the bag lol. I really like the entire bag too! Even though I never wear lip liner and rarely wear lip gloss hahaha, but I still want it (mainly for the lipstick obvs).

Latest posts