MAC Nutcracker Sweet Holiday Collection (2016)

Corally

Nope I havent heard anything and no track and trace I might call them since email costumerservice isnt very helpfull. if they havent sent it out I'll just cancel and order from bijenkorf or douglas. My last order from mac they used UPS awell but it came from Germany is that the new standard?

I don't think you can cancel anymore after they marked it as shipped...? And eehm their customer service in general is terrible, not just email lol. But yes it's always UPS and they always ship from Germany.

Mac-Guy

I ordered the peach face palette during the restock yesterday by chance but the copper face palette quickly sold out. I've been wanting to try At Dusk for a while, so this was a great opportunity to try it. I resigned on WoG, lmao heck I've yet to ever see it in person since its first launch.

I saw the collection at the Mac Macy's store during the weekend and I still find the packaging so over the top blah bleh. My little sister liked the giant Nutcracker dolls surrounding the place, and liked one of the mini lipstick sets. The mini lipstick sets are so small! D: I still want the nude mini lipstick set because of Nouvelle Vogue, but I want Mac to do a sale before I pull the trigger on that. The mauve/plum eye set looks great though, however I didn't like the mascara but I could give that to my mom, so no biggie. I didn't see the face palettes anywhere so they must have sold out during the store launch. The lipsticks are ok, but so dupable. The eye shadows are nice too, but a little too pricy for my liking. I forgot to swatch the face powders, so I have no idea how they are, but I might skip them along with the rest of the Mac winter collections (sorry Mariah) because I want a lot stuff from Sephora, H&M, Zara, and that NES mini console launch on Nov. 11. :p Holidays are such a money drainer, lol.

The nutcrackers are really fun! The merchandising for this collection was really well done this year.

macaddictx

MAC NL is getting slower and slower. I just received the shipping confirmation of the 2nd order I placed last Thursday, and it hasn't even been shipped yet. I used to receive orders on Tuesday (so today). Ever since they switched from PostNL to UPS shipping has been slow AF (and now even slower), so annoying. And I haven't even received the shipping notification of the first order I placed? Should I worry? Because there's hours between the first and 2nd order. Also no tracking number for it on the MAC site. Never placed two orders on one day before but I find this strange.
Same problem here! I placed an order on Friday morning and it said Friday evening that it was shipped. But I still don't have a tracking code. I even never recieved a confirmation mail..
I ordered on Monday Sweet Vision at Bijenkorf and got it yesterday. MAC NL should really step up their game, this is just ridiculous..

Corally

Same problem here! I placed an order on Friday morning and it said Friday evening that it was shipped. But I still don't have a tracking code. I even never recieved a confirmation mail..
I ordered on Monday Sweet Vision at Bijenkorf and got it yesterday. MAC NL should really step up their game, this is just ridiculous..

At least it's good to know we all have the same problem, so it's not like something went wrong with our orders lol. I did receive my conformation mails btw, I've never not received them. But MAC NL is pure crap. The only reason I order from them is because we never know when and if other retailers will get the collections (not to mention the mac exclusives..) Maybe they already put the stuff online when they haven't received the products yet? Or they got such a massive amount of orders that they can't handle it? I really don't know what's going on.

Edit: I just checked my account and my first order finally has a tracking code!!! Maybe you got yours too. I still wonder how long everything will take because my 2nd order still says 'label has been made' (made on 31 october -_-)

Last edited:

macaddictx

Edit: I just checked my account and my first order finally has a tracking code!!! Maybe you got yours too. I still wonder how long everything will take because my 2nd order still says 'label has been made' (made on 10 october -_-)
Yay! I just checked too and it has a tracking code too. Finally. It has never took so long.. Mine only says label has been made too.
They should just go back to PostNL.

Corally

Yay! I just checked too and it has a tracking code too. Finally. It has never took so long.. Mine only says label has been made too.

Yay! Last order I did I received on a Thursday and I was already VERY annoyed about that. But this is a whole nother level of craziness. PostNL ftw! I was so glad when they changed from GLS to PostNL years ago. And now this blegh.

lilinah

Keep in mind that just because Punk Couture applied blotchy on Christine's lips doesn't mean it will on yours. Everyone's different. The only way you can know for sure if it'll work on your lips is to go to a counter (if you can) and try it out.

I've never had any problem with Punk Couture being blotchy. I love it, so I skipped LoD, too.

lilinah

Wow. I typed in a long reply - and hit send - and the website told me i didn't have permission and wasn't logged in. Grrrr...

lilinah

Trying again...

I went to my local MAC on the 27th, fortunately it didn't rain, i waited outside about 20 minutes and no one else showed up! Turns out they did pre-sales, which i didn't know about, since they discontinued doing them years ago, but that was ok for me since i didn't want either the Peach Face Compact, because i already have At Dusk from a previous collection, or the Copper Face Compact, because i already have Whisper of Gilt from a previous collection.

The displays are absolutely adorable! They really outdid themselves this year. I like the color combo of bright pink and muted plum, and the Nutcrackers were sooooo cute!

I tested Yum3 and it was so chalky on me, and i'm around an 18 neutral, so a big skip. I also skipped Saucy Little Darling lipstick, even tho it is a nice color, because it is way too bright for me, and i skipped Leap of Delight since i have Punk Couture and they're dupes except for finish.

I did get an eyeshadow, Rabble-rouser, because i wanted a bright pink. I skipped Dance Flowers Dance because i have several pale pink frosty eyeshadows already. And i skipped Pretty Dainty because i picked up Paradisco from the Troll collection and while not the same, they're similar, altho i may go back for it later.

I surprised myself by getting the Nude Patent Polish Set because the nude mini-lipstick set was too warm, and there's only one PP in the set that's too warm, plus the PPs feel good on my lips.

I think all the collections in the Holiday extravaganza are good in terms of variety of colors and finishes, even if an item or two strikes out. Sad not to get a festive holiday bag, tho.

filio

At least it's good to know we all have the same problem, so it's not like something went wrong with our orders lol. I did receive my conformation mails btw, I've never not received them. But MAC NL is pure crap. The only reason I order from them is because we never know when and if other retailers will get the collections (not to mention the mac exclusives..) Maybe they already put the stuff online when they haven't received the products yet? Or they got such a massive amount of orders that they can't handle it? I really don't know what's going on.

Edit: I just checked my account and my first order finally has a tracking code!!! Maybe you got yours too. I still wonder how long everything will take because my 2nd order still says 'label has been made' (made on 31 october -_-)

Mine shipped aswell and a planned delivery on Friday :yay: First time I looked only the label was made and now it actually shipped :)

Corally

Mine shipped aswell and a planned delivery on Friday :yay: First time I looked only the label was made and now it actually shipped :)

Yeah! Mine are also in transit and should be here Friday as well. I thought for sure it's gonna be next week (they don't deliver on weekends).

lippieluv2013

S.O.S.

Ladies, I am trying to console myself over my inability to get my hands on a Sweet Copper palette. It was suggested by a MAC rep that Melba or Soft & Gentle would be reasonable substitutes. Thoughts?

MAC totally underestimated the demand for the Sweet Copper palette. One of my local stores received only three (!). I don't blame anyone though...WoG is stunning. But I just want the blush.

jennyap

Got goodies yesterday - I picked up the Peach face palette and the red mini lipstick kit.

Tutu is gorgeous! The closest thing I have to it in my stash is the lighter shade in Definitely Defined, Tutu is a touch pinker. At Dusk is one of my favourite blushes, so I was happy to have a backup. The palette version looks a tiny bit warmer than the original to my eye. Overall a great buy for me.

The mini lipsticks are adorable. It takes me forever to get through a full-size lipstick so this is a great way to add a few new shades to my stash. I've been wanting to try/buy both Rebel and MAC Red for a while too. Not so sure how Diva and Lady Danger will work on my skin tone, but they are very pretty. Might make these my lipstick wardrobe for December (I'll throw in one neutral as well).

That's all for me, unless they give us a discount later down the line in which case I'd consider the pink mini lipsticks too.

honey on boost

I have a spare Sweet Copper that I CP'd for someone but she was able to get one at her Macy's. I will offer it to any long term, active member here for retail plus shipping.

gone---

Last edited:

geeko

I m totally loving the packaging of this yr's xmas collection

the only downside is many of the products in the packaging contain colors that i already own....

i think maybe i will just get the pink lipgloss set and the pink lipstick, liquid matte lip and mascara set

as from the color collection itself, i bought the Pink, coral and Dark purple lippies and the 2 magic dust face powders.

i m loving the color combo of the packaging pink gold and purple.

Last edited:

Corally

Received my two orders!! :catdance: I got LOD, Sweet Vision, Copper Face Compact and the Nude Lip Bag. Never thought I would say this but the packaging looks a lot better in real life! The bag from the nude lip bag is still hella ugly but I kinda like the face compact now and the packaging of the lipstick and powder is too pretty. And the most important thing: everything looks gorgeous!!! Can't wait to use all the pretties. :D

And I immediately compared WOG in the compact to my OG WOG. The 'WOG' in the compact is definitely different, I couldn't capture it with a camera because my phone sucks but it should be closer to OD than WOG (it's more yellow/golden and brighter).

It was sad to see the packaging from the nude lip bag completely mangled up because the box was damaged so that wasn't a nice surprise, but it isn't a gift (well... a gift for me maybe lol) so I'll live haha.

Last edited:

Corally

I have a spare Sweet Copper that I CP'd for someone but she was able to get one at her Macy's. I will offer it to any long term, active member here for retail plus shipping.

That's so sweet of you and you look beautiful in your new profile pic Honey!