MAC Nutcracker Sweet Holiday Collection (2016)

leonah

Huh, this one won't be too bad for me. List so far is 2-3 lipsticks, the peach face compact and maybe the copper if it's actually OG Whisper of Gilt and not some reformulated shadow of itself. Possibly the pink face powder and an eyeshadow, but probably not. I already have a lot of the things in the sets so I can skip those.

I love, love, love the theme and the style of the ads, not so much the actual packaging. The face compacts look like a really tacky, really cheap phone wallet. I may actually depot them, and I never do that with special packaging.

Yeah I might depot too since I really don't like that packaging for the duos

Ana A

The packaging is a bit gaudy for me but I'm excited to pick up the ED duos, one of the face powders and perhaps one of the lipsticks although the color story for them seems to be a repetition of every other collection Mac puts out.

alle685

I missed out on both and want them this time around

Me too...My excuse is that I travel a lot so it will be nice to have a great blush and highlighter in a combo for ease of travel...That's what I am trying to convince myself anyways to justify a purchase of this.

I wish MAC would just bring back their EDSF permanently. I love their formulas.

Last edited:

Icecaramellatte

Okay since I've caught my breath from the Selena mad dash, I've had a hot minute to look over the Nutcracker sweetness! :xmas::yumyum:
I may get off a bit easy! My wishlist right now pending swatches:

Lipstick~ Coz you know! #teambuyallthered

So Good For You Furiously Festive – Intense cool red (Matte)

MDP - Sweet Vision – Pinky peach with gold pearl

Nutcraker Sweet Copper Face Compact
EDS Whisper of Gilt – pale gold shimmer
EDS Pleasure Model – peachy brown

I prefer the description & look of this over the Sweet Peach Compact so if I have to go with just one...

And I cannot believe it, but I am being slightly seduced by the Nutcracker Sweet Mineralize Brush Kit...but everyone says the brush sets are craap...so still on the fence.

eta ~ Maybe the Sweet Pink Patent Polish set...

I like the mineralize brush sets and use the little 286 quite often.

fur4elise

In honor of Whisper of Gilt & Pleasure Model coming back..I did some swatches of the two.
View attachment 56622

NICE!!!

I missed out on both and want them this time around
Ditto! I am all in for this duo!

I like the mineralize brush sets and use the little 286 quite often.

Thanks for your feedback! Of all the sets I would use that one...all else is kind of redundant. Then again...I do not need any more brushes...but that is also like me saying I don't need any more eye shadows, or lipsticks, or blushes...etc...LOL!

Sarah Townsend

I'm going to wait on swatches to be sure, there's nothing I'll be heartbroken if I miss (but i doubt i miss any of it, based on past experience). As of right now i want the peach face compact, a single lipstick either Leap of Delight or Saucy Little Darling, and I might want the cool or smokey eyeshadow palette.

Mac-Guy

I'm going to wait on swatches to be sure, there's nothing I'll be heartbroken if I miss (but i doubt i miss any of it, based on past experience). As of right now i want the peach face compact, a single lipstick either Leap of Delight or Saucy Little Darling, and I might want the cool or smokey eyeshadow palette.

The collection will be sold at all locations. I'm certain there is enough stock for everybody.

filio

Me too...My excuse is that I travel a lot so it will be nice to have a great blush and highlighter in a combo for ease of travel...That's what I am trying to convince myself anyways to justice a purchase of this.

I wish MAC would just bring back their EDSF permanently. I love their formulas.

They should be permanent! I love how reflective the edsf are instead of chunky glitters

Miss Dynamite

They should be permanent! I love how reflective the edsf are instead of chunky glitters

Funny part is, I have a few Whisper Of Gilts and all of them are just gold glitter, no base color at all. I still love it, but mine looks nothing at all like the swatches that everybody else posts of their WOG.

ramarose

Was looking at this the other night and my bf was like "send pictures of what you want" ... what a good boy :xmas:
But honestly in a weird place with this collection.. packaging is cute, but it's so redundant at this point. Mildly interested in the Copper Face Compact, depending on swatches. And the Nude Patentpolish kit as a gift for my mom... I just feel like other brands are being more innovative, while MAC is just repackaging the same sort of "starter kits" in different categories.