MAC Nutcracker Sweet Holiday Collection (2016)

filio

Received my two orders!! :catdance: I got LOD, Sweet Vision, Copper Face Compact and the Nude Lip Bag. Never thought I would say this but the packaging looks a lot better in real life! The bag from the nude lip bag is still hella ugly but I kinda like the face compact now and the packaging of the lipstick and powder is too pretty. And the most important thing: everything looks gorgeous!!! Can't wait to use all the pretties. :D

And I immediately compared WOG in the compact to my OG WOG. The 'WOG' in the compact is definitely different, I couldn't capture it with a camera because my phone sucks but it should be closer to OD than WOG (it's more yellow/golden and brighter).

It was sad to see the packaging from the nude lip bag completely mangled up because the box was damaged so that wasn't a nice surprise, but it isn't a gift (well... a gift for me maybe lol) so I'll live haha.

I think with WoG they tried to recreate it last year but failed so mac called it OD but with this years version I think they where as close as they could get and it fits the description a pale gold shimmer. But I agree with that OD is brighter and more yellow than the new WoG (yes its hard to capture that on camera). I also heard not only the shade is different but the new formulation is different and beter than the old version maybe one day Mac will get the colour right and be a permanent shade :rolleyes:

I missed my package but the the pick up point this time is really close this time :) (wonderd why they didnt drop it off there last time..) So i'll pick up my package tomorrow!

Corally

I think with WoG they tried to recreate it last year but failed so mac called it OD but with this years version I think they where as close as they could get and it fits the description a pale gold shimmer. But I agree with that OD is brighter and more yellow than the new WoG (yes its hard to capture that on camera). I also heard not only the shade is different but the new formulation is different and beter than the old version maybe one day Mac will get the colour right and be a permanent shade :rolleyes:

I missed my package but the the pick up point this time is really close this time :) (wonderd why they didnt drop it off there last time..) So i'll pick up my package tomorrow!

Well I don't know if OD is brighter and more yellow than the new 'WOG' since I don't have OD. What I meant is that I can tell the 'WOG' in the palette must be closer to OD than the OG WOG because from I've read and saw last year (and this year) OD was brighter and more yellow/golden than the OG WOG. If I hold the 'WOG' from the palette and the OG WOG side by side the OG one is much more muted and more of a peachy-gold, really different. I hope they'll make the real WOG permanent in the future too! But I'm actually happy the new 'WOG' is different and more close to OD because that's why I bought the palette in the first place lol (because I skipped OD last year).

Too bad you missed your package, hope you're able to pick it up tomorrow. Maybe it's a new pick up point? I have one really nearby now too, since a month or two, like 5-10 minutes walking distance. Does UPS only offer one delivery attempt though? I thought it'd be two like other shipping companies.

NATlar

I find WOG (new one haven't got the original) to be lighter and a little brother then OD I did post a swatch picture but it isn't good because of the lighting I'll get a new picture of them tomorrow :D

amillion

OD is definitely more yellow tone than the face compact of WOG. They look darn similar to me even when I swatched them. I really wish they would have just gave us the original WOG which was less gold tone and more peach toned. I never got my hands on the original and personally I am still wanting the original version.

leonah

is it worth getting the peach compact or should I get the copper one? would the blush be too light for nc25? I already have one OD that I'm using and one extra backup from last year.

NATlar

I don't like CYY on me but I loved Flamboyish so I picked that up and had to compare them both if anyone was wondering if they're the same... on me they're different!

IMG_0175.jpg

NATlar

Magic Dust powder in Yum Yum Yum just wow! When I swatched it, it wasn't as pigmented but when I applied it with a brush the pigmentation was so there I had to tone it down haha!!

leonah;[URL="tel:2746864" said:
2746864[/URL]]is it worth getting the peach compact or should I get the copper one? would the blush be too light for nc25? I already have one OD that I'm using and one extra backup from last year.

my friend is around nc25 and the blush worked for her but you do have to pack it on... I'm a nc15 and I have to pack it on a little for it to show but when it does... It's beautiful and the highlight in that Peach palette is amazing!!!

Id pick it up for the highlight if I was you if you love it and don't have any similar but I'm sure the blush would work if you pack it on a little!!

Corally

is it worth getting the peach compact or should I get the copper one? would the blush be too light for nc25? I already have one OD that I'm using and one extra backup from last year.

It depends. I'm NC20-25 and I didn't get the peach because I knew I would have to pile the blush on (and I hate that). But since you already have two OD and the 'WOG' in palette is really similar to it.... if you love the highlighter in the peach palette and you don't mind packing blush on, go for the peach one. If you don't mind that the 'WOG' and OD are very close and love the blush from the copper palette, go for the copper one.

MACina

I have only one word for this collection: Loveeeeeeeeeee :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Can' t stop playing with my goodies. Everything is so pretty!!!!!

MACina

I never liked CYY, I don't like the color pink in general, but Flamboyish looks really nice on your skintone.

It looks gorgeous paired with Nightingale liner!

And to finish just dab some Rose pigment in the center of your lips. So pretty!

NATlar

Tried getting another swatch of Oh Darling and WOG together not sure if you can notice still but in person Oh Darling is a bit darker and slightly warmer where as WOG on me is lighter but in the pans you can't tell any different but I do still agree they are similar!

IMG_0190.JPG

NATlar

Corally;[URL="tel:2746893" said:
2746893[/URL]]I never liked CYY, I don't like the color pink in general, but Flamboyish looks really nice on your skintone.

Awww thank you :D yeah CYY was just too much of a neon on me but Flamboyish is perfect I'm a sucker for these shades haha keep telling myself I'm done with this collection but I keep eyeing up "So Good For You" I love those raspberry pink reds!!

Seven Of Nine

Finnaly I bought Sweet Peach Face Compact, Lipstick Leap of Delight and Lip Bag - Sweet Nude.
Leap of Delight and LP Sweet Nude are AWESOME :wow::heart:
But I am disappointed in this Sweet Peach Face duo :plthumbsdown:
I tested Flamboyish and I'm very disappointed too. It is very patchy, dry and it is much worse than similar Doo Woop or Be Silly. :plthumbsdown:

Last edited:

nichollecaren

20161109_103255.jpg WOG is cooler. From Top to bottom: WOG, Oh Darling, Becca Topaz. WOG seems more buttery than I remember it too. I had one before and sold it because I felt it was glitter overload. Of course, Becca is smoother and more blendable than both.

Latest posts