MAC Prolongwear Collection (September 5, 2013)

erine1881

On the second model she used Camel Coat. So much for it matching my skin :( guess this collection is a skip for me because stormy pink doesnt look as pink as i wanted it to be either Edit: also noticed she said the second model has cherry lip liner with riri woo lipstick and a darker color in the center! The darker color does make it look interesting
Damn. That's what I was hoping for, too. You know, an actual camel color -_- All of these pp's look pale and sorta grey-toned. Some warm, matte shades would be nice. I've never really liked Soft Ochre or Quite Natural.
You'd think it would be more "camel" in colour! :dunno: but the grey tones are perfect for fall/winter!
They need to come out with paint pots in NW20, NW30, NC20, NC 30 etc. on up.  That's a collection I'd love to see.
That would be AMAZING!
Exactly. People recommend using concealer all the time but it seems way too greasy. Skin-toned pp's would be such a win.
I never recommend using concealer in the eye! The majority are far too emollient and will crease.
Yeah I just swatched them and you may be right. I wore one last week called Tan Ray that pretty much evened out my eyelid. My lids are kind of dark though. My brow bone is lighter than the rest of my lid.  Eww. LOL. Bamboom and Sublime Nature imo have more of a 'satiny' finish. Not frosty and not really shimmery.  Bamboom on left, Sublime Nature on right. Bamboom should be kind of dark on an NW15 lid shouldn't it? Maybe not dark but it shouldn't match the lid evenly should it?
Yes, bamboom has quite a bit of colour on fare skin.

BeautyByLele

I never recommend using concealer in the eye! The majority are far too emollient and will crease.
What would you recommend to use to correct darkness in the eye area to help with discoloration?? Im not just talking about "normal" discoloration. For example I am on medication that has changed my skin color . .. I have a grey cast color to my skin... anyways my eye area, underneath and around my eyes are and very dark, sorta of like I have black eyes so I use a color corrector , plus concealer to try to lighten that area up ? Is there something else you can recommend that would be better ?? I usually dont wear makeup all day, its usually just for a few hours at a time

erine1881

What would you recommend to use to correct darkness in the eye area to help with discoloration??  Im not just talking about "normal" discoloration.  For example I am on medication  that has changed my skin color . ..  I have a grey cast color to my skin... anyways my eye area, underneath and around my eyes are and very dark, sorta of like I have black eyes so I use a color corrector , plus concealer to try to lighten that area up ? Is there something else you can recommend that would be better ?? I usually dont wear makeup all day, its usually just for a few hours at a time
A paint pot alone will do the trick. You just need the right colour for what you're looking for. Keep the concealer to the under eye area and blemishes. This would be the perfect reason for mac to make skintone paint pots.

Prettypackages

Damn. That's what I was hoping for, too. You know, an actual camel color -_- All of these pp's look pale and sorta grey-toned. Some warm, matte shades would be nice. I've never really liked Soft Ochre or Quite Natural.
same here. ON EVERYTHING... jeez...

Copperhead

Thank you for this recommendation! I've never even looked at the paints lol. Idk why, I guess no one talks about them much and they never recommend them when I'm in store. Karen has swatches for both and I'm loving Bamboom. And my list grows...lol. I like Groundwork but I've always wanted a color that basically blended right in with my skin. Like, I could just add a light crease color, some mascara and be done. I bought Painterly because everyone on Youtube was hyping it a while back, and it's just ok.
You're welcome. I never ever bought Painterly. I went with Soft Ochre to use as a base instead since it's more yellow based and my skintone is too. I'd never wear it alone though.

KaysWays

Hey all

I just learned so much in this forum and there's only 4 pages!!! I'm NW45/NC50 and don't own any of the pp. On YT they always show everyone using painterly so I have it on my list but I've added 5 more due to this forum alone. For a while I just lurked in the background but since the RR fiasco I am interacting more. Thanks for all the info as usual ladies.
urock.gif

KMQE716

Have either of you ladies ever tried Bamboom or Sublime Nature Paints? Or what about Groundwork Paint Pot?
I'm not a fan of Groundwork PP at all. Or Quite Natural. it's something about the tint of them that does nothing for me. i would love to have something warmer in the PP dept!

Bamboom i have heard several people swear by in the WOC world.i actually was looking at a sale where someone had a bamboom and sublime nature and i probably should of got them. Bamboom i've tested before and it's pretty nice.

valkolak

Is this legit? I doubt it but it has some of the names of the new p/p http://poutprettty.blogspot.com/2013/06/now-in-stores-mac-presents-pro-longwear.html