MAC Snowball / Snow Ball collection (Holiday 2017)

elegant-one

Hopefully they listen, I really want all of the eyeshadows or at least 4 of them since the black doesn't have an interesting shift to it.

I hope so! Keep watching. Mac just sent me a whole thing to fill out to forward on so we'll see. Everyone should get a chance to get these. I feel so terrible about it. My order of the black one will be here tomorrow.

Miss Dynamite

I hope so! Keep watching. Mac just sent me a whole thing to fill out to forward on so we'll see. Everyone should get a chance to get these. I feel so terrible about it. My order of the black one will be here tomorrow.

The first time when the collection was released, I hadn't been able to get to put money on my card yet cause our car broke down, so I got screwed that time. Then they restocked and I was like ohhh I don't really need them and some of them were in stock for like half a day. Then I saw more swatches ofc after they all sold out and I was like omg I need them now, I'll die without them. Figures. I'm at least getting Stylishly Merry and Delicate Drift if I can, I'm not as worried about the others.

lippieluv2013

I like your logic... :D

Well, I did, actually. They paid me $2 to take the second one.

Both were too expensive for me to consider full price. The 40% off on the first bag was enough to pay for the discounted price of the second smaller one. Plus another $2. Looking at it that way, the second bag was less than free.

Nice to see that my finance degree is being put to good use. :yes:

mac_aiken

Thank you so much for posting that. I have been dying to see pics of the eye and lip bags but haven't seen any info for them anywhere. And YAY for bringing back that glittery eyeliner.
I forgot to mention this but I think there must be batch texture issues. My Frostwinked was hard & chunky! It was so rough & patchy on my eyelids. SM was super soft & buttery smooth. :scratch:
It must be a batch issue. Mine is soft and buttery.
I just called Mac & got a super nice gal. She said they have been getting complaint calls about the limited stock. She took my name & said she was typing out my whole suggestion...including making it a Christmas gift to Mac customers lol! She said she was going to forward it to the higher ups.
:p I finally have "good notes" :shakehead::roflmao::xmas:
Finally good notes you trouble maker you. LOL
Tell them you volunteer to be MAC Santa.

NATlar

Can't believe the eye glitter pigment set went from 4 to 3 now lol. My MAC store released this collection today so i went to have a nose at it. First of all they said they will not be having testers of Whisper Of Guilt and Snow Gold out so the only way to swatch is to buy them lol and I wanted Rouge En Snow Lipstick but the woman told me "We're all sold out we had a big group of Chinese women in this morning and they all brought 2-4 each" Gutted as i really wanted that so hopefully there's a restock. I'm not really into this years Christmas Collection tell you the truth.

elegant-one

Thank you so much for posting that. I have been dying to see pics of the eye and lip bags but haven't seen any info for them anywhere. And YAY for bringing back that glittery eyeliner.

It must be a batch issue. Mine is soft and buttery.

Finally good notes you trouble maker you. LOL
Tell them you volunteer to be MAC Santa.

:rofl::heart: I would LOVE being Mac Santa for sure lol! I'm going to see if it gets better in texture as I get past the first layer. The shade is so pretty.
Did you get the rose eyeshadow palette?

Icecaramellatte

I saw my mother today and she said to me "what is that eyeshadow and where can I get it." LOL Stylish Merry. I told her it is gone. I do wonder now if maybe I can get one. I keep getting emails from Nordies that I haven't picked up my order. But I have. I wonder if there is a duplicate order. I wouldn't mind a back up of Stylish Merry and Shimmer & Spice.

Haven

I just called Mac & got a super nice gal. She said they have been getting complaint calls about the limited stock. She took my name & said she was typing out my whole suggestion...including making it a Christmas gift to Mac customers lol! She said she was going to forward it to the higher ups.
:p I finally have "good notes" :shakehead::roflmao::xmas:

:bowdown::bowdown::wootrock::yourock:

arch

Made some comparison swatches of — left to right — Whisper of Gilt (Snow Ball), WoG (Nutcracker Sweet), Oh Darling (Magic of The Night) and Happy Go Dazzingly:
wog-sb_wog-ns_od_hgd.jpg
Even in the pan, I think it's obvious that this year's WoG is darker and more coppery (orange) than the one released in the previous holiday collection; MAC could have easily gotten away with labeling it a new shade considering the difference between either of them and Oh Darling.

lipstickaddict

So I discovered that a new Mac counter has opened near the University I teach at, and in between classes I popped in for a quick look. The makeup artist I spoke with said that they sold out of the eyeshadows the first day, but when she checked, to her great surprise there were actually two left - Delicate drift and I forget the other name. Anyway, I scooped them up! :)

mac_aiken

:rofl::heart: I would LOVE being Mac Santa for sure lol! I'm going to see if it gets better in texture as I get past the first layer. The shade is so pretty.
Did you get the rose eyeshadow palette?
I passed on that. I feel like I already have similar shades.

MissTania

So I discovered that a new Mac counter has opened near the University I teach at, and in between classes I popped in for a quick look. The makeup artist I spoke with said that they sold out of the eyeshadows the first day, but when she checked, to her great surprise there were actually two left - Delicate drift and I forget the other name. Anyway, I scooped them up! :)

Awesome! That will be very convenient for you!

It launched here online today and I just placed my order - Rouge en Snow, Happy Go Dazzlingly, Stylishly Merry, Delicate Drift and It's Snowing. It will launch in stores on Monday but I thought I should just order online in case the stores aren't well stocked.

I ordered the Advanced Brush Kit and Mini Brush Kit from Saks as the prices are much better than here. The most shocking price difference is the mini lipstick set which is AUD $165. I'm trying to skip it, even though the US price is a bargain. Just waiting on the WoG face bag now.

sweetkitty

Please share which location this is!

sweetkitty

Made some comparison swatches of — left to right — Whisper of Gilt (Snow Ball), WoG (Nutcracker Sweet), Oh Darling (Magic of The Night) and Happy Go Dazzingly:
View attachment 62056
Even in the pan, I think it's obvious that this year's WoG is darker and more coppery (orange) than the one released in the previous holiday collection; MAC could have easily gotten away with labeling it a new shade considering the difference between either of them and Oh Darling.

Wow thanks for the swatches. The one thing that I wanted from this collex was the WOG kit, but now that I've bought happy go dazzlingly, I think I am going to pass. I have the Nutcracker WOG already and find that already too yellow/gold.

MakeMeUp79

HI! any UK ladies that missed out on this collection. it's up on the debenhams website and it's all 15% off today only. I just bought all the eyeshadows and Elle belle lipstick. it only seems to be coming up on my mobile at the moment and you have to search through the categories for the lipstick and eyeshadows.

NATlar

So happy I finally got the Lipstick “Rouge En Snow” this morning from Debenhams in their 15% off since it’s sold out everywhere... I even brought two so I won’t be panicking about running out of it haha thanks for that offer and some of my beauty points :D

shadowaddict

What do you all think of the face powders? I want to order a couple as gifts but not having seen them in person I can't make a decision. Is one a bit more neutral, one more glittery than shimmer? Any thoughts and recommendations are appreciated.

If it helps on suggestions the girls I'm getting them for are 26 & 32 years old. One is very fair and has red hair. The other light to med skin tone, blonde with blue eyes.

Also has anyone checked out the Nordies exclusive face bag with powder & brush? It says peach, just wondering how peach?

Thank you

Last edited:

elegant-one

:icon_cheers::rofl::rofl:*Snickers* Oh boy, we know where you'll be!!! How convenient for you. Amazing they had the 2 shadows left. Lucky lady :heart:

elegant-one

What do you all think of the face powders? I want to order a couple as gifts but not having seen them in person I can't make a decision. Is one a bit more neutral, one more glittery than shimmer? Any thoughts and recommendations are appreciated.

If it helps on suggestions the girls I'm getting them for are 26 & 32 years old. One is very fair and has red hair. The other light to med skin tone, blonde with blue eyes.

Also has anyone checked out the Nordies exclusive face bag with powder & brush? It says peach, just wondering how peach?

Thank you

Here Comes Joy would be very pretty for the fair redhead! It's not shimmery/glittery at all & very subtle on. I don't know about the other shade.

Latest posts