MAC - Surf Baby Discussion

XicanaQueen

Oh my I hope not!
thud.gif
But I wouldn't be surprised.

Why do I think we will see an orange packaging for a third time??
lol.gif

Camnagem

Why do I think we will see an orange packaging for a third time??
lol.gif
th_roll1.gif

If it ends up being orange it'll have to be some new shade yet again...maybe Creamsicle? Or candy corn? Tangerine dream? Pumpkin pie? Fake tan orange?

Endless orange possibilities.
lol.gif

ansimi

When I hear "Surf Baby" I instantly think of a retro surfer chick wearing one of those adorable polka dot bikini's that looked like underwear. She has fresh and clean mega-glowy skin with massive lashes and a super glossy lip. I think of Gidget, lol.

I think faux tortoise shell packaging could be incredible, but I'd settle for robin's egg blue or pastel minty seafoam green.

I immediately think of Gidget too! Pastel paintpots in a creme finish would be great - plain white please!

Or maybe it's a more modern, low-maintenance surfer girl? That would be more neutral with pops of colour and long-lasting, modern products.

I love Summer collections but I aways think MAC brings theirs out to late! I start shopping for bronzers and bright lipglosses by the end of March.

User38

I hear the Beach Boys in the background with Brian Wilson hair flipping in the wind..
girlhaha.gif

peachy/pink lips -- light but not too white not too glossy

white paint pots? dunno.. but there would def be a baby blue one

soft baby blue ES -- more matte than not, possibly satin

but again, I dunno nada
hatsoff.gif

Soul Unique

I hear the Beach Boys in the background with Brian Wilson hair flipping in the wind..
girlhaha.gif

but again, I dunno nada
hatsoff.gif
hmmm hmmm.

lol, thanks Very Important Platinum .

I'm crossing my fingers this collection comes out awesome. I totally missed out on To The Beach last summer
crybaby.gif
, so i'm really looking forward to this.

I love the name and am totally hoping for a retro beach bunny look and a watermelon lippie!!! But unfortunately MAC is SOOO like a box of chocolates, you just never know what you're going get....

katred

Specktra Bestie
Can't say I'd love it, but I'll throw my bet behind baby/ robin's egg blue packaging. Since there's going to be special packaging for WW, I imagine this will be the only other one in the first half that gets its own look. Surf just seems to link to blue in my mind.

Edit: This is the collection I said the name reminded me of: Inspired by the work of 1950’s “pinup” photographer, Bunny Yeager, M·A·C launches its Summer 2000 colour collection, Bombshells, and in doing so dares to bring back the lure, panache and playful sexuality of retro beach glam!

stv578

I'm glad this is still a little ways away! I've been staying away from most threads and so far it's worked, but the name of this alone brought me here and hopefully the products won't disappoint!

laylalovesmac

This really is the first summer collection I'm excited about. I just don't want to get my hopes up too high since MAC is so inconsistent with me (especially in summer).

I would love to see a seafoam/mint sort of green in the packaging! It would always remind me of vintage cars.
girlhaha.gif

LMD84

girlhaha.gif

but again, I dunno nada
hatsoff.gif
i'd love a baby blue paint pot! mac need to make that happen! :)

MsChained

I want a 70's feel on the products. That would be just amazing.
And I kind of demand a really glossy watermelon lipstick. A glaze, perhaps. Nom nom.

strix

This really is the first summer collection I'm excited about. I just don't want to get my hopes up too high since MAC is so inconsistent with me (especially in summer).

I would love to see a seafoam/mint sort of green in the packaging! It would always remind me of vintage cars.
girlhaha.gif

I love your packaging idea! A retro mint or pale turquoise would be so pretty!

hawaii02

I have not been on here in FOREVER and now we have a summer collection name? LOVE it!! Off the top of my head, I put on a lid color called Sunbaked with a crease color called Margarita and a lipgloss called Sea You Later Pink. Have to go dig out my flip flops now lol

commandolando

I hope MAC comes out with a eyeshadow compact shaped like a surf board! that would rule my summer!!! Also, Beach Bound better be re-promoted, that's my all time favorite lipstick and I only managed to buy one, UH!

I'M NEW! HI!

TeresitaMC

Welcome to Specktra! :) I am loving your ideas!! :D I'd love another chance to get Beach Bound. I swatched it in store and it is gorgeous! It fits in my pocket, but not in my budget ;) I still think about that lippie :)