MAC x Archie's Girls (Betty & Veronica) Collection Discussion (February 2013)

MACina

All good things come in threes
lol.gif

Thanks and add to that the Parure de Nuit as well
girlhaha.gif

Baby1black

Liba where are u. We need u on this one. Color story and finishes and comments on the lippies especially the shocking BS lippie

liba

Liba where are u. We need u on this one. Color story and finishes and comments on the lippies especially the shocking BS lippie
All I know is my friend is insanely busy - they just finished inventory and next week it's training.

We're hanging out next week, but outside of the store, so the book won't be there to peek at. If I can get any tidbits, I will, though.
2cents.gif

ChosenOne

I might be able to skip the BS lipstick too if it's a lustre. Cremesheen will be more difficult. I could really use the money, because I went out of control today with Guerlain. A store had two LE meteorites and the peacock powder hidden in the drawer and thanks to my makeup friend I found out about it. I think I'm very lucky to have found these and this made my day
pompom.gif

I also hope we'll get a colour story soon. I wanna know the finishes!
iagree.gif

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by Naughtyp
i bought FOL but i returned it because i thought it was too bright for me. but i regret that and wish i had kept it!!

In an attempt to break out of my box - no mattes, no bright brights, no reds or oranges - i bought Force of Love lipstick. I think i look like a clown in it, or a little kid who got into mommy's makeup. But from what i've read here on Specktra, i figure i just need to play with lip liners to get it to work.

I want to give FoL another try when Spring rolls around and I realize i need to go with a liner color different from FoL to get it to behave. My lips are naturally relatively cool colored and most of my lip liners lean cool (Whirl, Beet, Absolutely It, Just Wonderful, Velvetella, Nightmoth - I'm Team Purple, after all). So i'm just not sure what color lip liner it should be - perhaps equally strong as FoL, but more neutral? Any suggestions?

BTW, i think the ombré lips look cool, so i'm willing to give that a try as well.

lilinah

and those pics are not filtered..and i took them on my iPhone...
Cool! Thanks for the clarification, KMQE716!

Rimmel Kate Moss #04 looks a lot like Yung Rapunxel (i have both), although i think MAC has a better finish. To me your photos looks less deeply plum and a bit more neutral than either one.

Still, seeing makeup in person really helps - we all have different skin tones and different lip colors. Either way, I think Boyfriend Stealer looks nice and it's still on my wish list.

Thanks so much for taking the pictures and sharing them with us!

erine1881

In an attempt to break out of my box - no mattes, no bright brights, no reds or oranges - i bought Force of Love lipstick. I think i look like a clown in it, or a little kid who got into mommy's makeup. But from what i've read here on Specktra, i figure i just need to play with lip liners to get it to work. I want to give FoL another try when Spring rolls around and I realize i need to go with a liner color different from FoL to get it to behave. My lips are naturally relatively cool colored and most of my lip liners lean cool (Whirl, Beet, Absolutely It, Just Wonderful, Velvetella, Nightmoth - I'm Team Purple, after all). So i'm just not sure what color lip liner it should be - perhaps equally strong as FoL, but more neutral? Any suggestions? BTW, i think the ombré lips look cool, so i'm willing to give that a try as well.
For an ombre lip, try magenta, cherry, redd, nightmoth, current, vino...

lilinah

Great photos! Thanks!
ok.gif

I wear dark lips all year - well, not every day
kissy.gif

Your pictures make me wonder if the lips in the makeup page so many of us liked were enhanced with a different color liner and a topping of something shimmery and bluer, like the hot pink gloss in the collection.

liba

In an attempt to break out of my box - no mattes, no bright brights, no reds or oranges - i bought Force of Love lipstick. I think i look like a clown in it, or a little kid who got into mommy's makeup. But from what i've read here on Specktra, i figure i just need to play with lip liners to get it to work.

I want to give FoL another try when Spring rolls around and I realize i need to go with a liner color different from FoL to get it to behave. My lips are naturally relatively cool colored and most of my lip liners lean cool (Whirl, Beet, Absolutely It, Just Wonderful, Velvetella, Nightmoth - I'm Team Purple, after all). So i'm just not sure what color lip liner it should be - perhaps equally strong as FoL, but more neutral? Any suggestions?

BTW, i think the ombré lips look cool, so i'm willing to give that a try as well.
The main thing to adjust to get "wrong" looking lipsticks to work better is your skin tone, I've found - so a little bronzer or different color of blush or a lighter powder, etc. goes a long way.

FoL is bright as heck on me too - I find I need my skin to be really even and usually either a little darker or lighter than my general average.

Latest posts