MAC X Chris Chang Of Poesia (May 5th/ 12th 2016)

Rinstar

I love applying cream blushes with my 187 brush. Stipple it on and blend. They look so good that way. I've just never tried CCBs.
I looked at the CCBs available right now on MAC's site though and I may have to pick some up, there are some lovely colors!

Monsy

I only have one CCB it's hush and it's lovely

for the cream stuff I remember erine explaining that you can wear it UNDER your foundation for a more natural look

spingus

This collection is why I love makeup. All the practical colours I can get in the permanent collection. The special, fun special pretty things should come in wonderful packaging. I am all over those loud lipsticks and china-doll CCBs!

Marsha Pomells

As usual: The fancier the packaging, the more than basic (perm or repromote) is the content. For sure, this will be a collector's collection.

What a let down. Think I'll just get the lipsticks and the purple CCB. I bet that I have the fluidline too... It looks like Sweet Sage or another green I may own.

Kaidan

Huge bummer about the blushes being CCBs instead of powders. Just the lipsticks and two of the eye shadows for me.

bajandoc86

I don't care what...but I am getting SOMETHING from this collection. Likely the compact (I am hoping it's WOC friendly) and a lippie - mainly for the packaging. It's been a loooonnnnggg time since I been so excited to see a MAC collection.

Welp...finally read through all the responses so far. I am not a fan of CCBs (not into cream products except for foundation/concealer), and that beauty powder is a NO GO on this dark brown skin. That ish would have me looking like Pookie from 'round the corner.

Last edited:

Twinkle_Twinkle

Curiosity: you ladies that are passing on the CCB's, is it because you don't like cream products in general or is there something bad/weird about the CCB's in particular?

I'll probably get the powder unless it's utterly useless...yay for being a ghostie because it looks super white.

I don't like the CCB's because I find them kind of useless. I guess you could use them as a blush or highlighter but they are often stiff and don't blend that well. The 3 or 4 I have range from very stiff and hard to blend to very creamy, but those creamier ones are in dark opaque colors, not something you could wear on your face. And because they don't dry down they make eye shadows crease. My CCB's are from my early MAC days when I let SA's just put whatever in my hands, and from my MAC heyday where I just bought any and everything, but I would never purchase one now.

Last edited:

Shellz

I like CCBs on the eyes and am excited about the purple CCB!! :eek: One of my all time favorite mac products was the bat black CCB as an eyeshadow or eyeshadow base..but they do seem a bit unwieldy as blushes .
go team purple!

Honi

The only CCB I've tried that I loved was Hush, and that was because it was a beautiful and long-wearing cream highlighter. The others has been weird.

Corally

Ugh I knew they looked like ccb. That's really disappointing. So the purple lippie and p+p powder(?) for me, maybe the red lippie.

Mac-Guy

The only CCB I've tried that I loved was Hush, and that was because it was a beautiful and long-wearing cream highlighter. The others has been weird.

Hush is a very nice highlighter. I also use it as a base for powder highlighters.

Sarah Townsend

I like CCBs and cream blushes, but for more neutral/soft colors, not things like red and dark purple, I just can't sheer them out enough for my preference.

SassyWonder

This will be an expensive haul for me. I'm on a no buy until the new Melt stack and this collection launch! Oh and FP!