MAC X Giambattista Valli Collection (July 2 / 9, 2015)

NaomiH

fluffy.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
That orange lipstick looks amazing! Four of the lipsticks will probably come home with me. The light pink might have worked as a lustre, but as a matte it will be way too stark. I hope there is also a very awesome orange gloss!
I was thinking that too. Maybe it's on the sheerer side? Who knows, maybe this matte formula will be a little different.

I was also thinking how amazing matching blushes would've been. Imagine all those shades as blushes, and with that packaging.
eyelove.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Dad-gum-it, here we go!!

I know I am eyeing the third and fourth lippie. I have too many that look like the 5th but I know I will probably get sucked in to it.

LOVE the packaging.

At least these are months away. LOL!
Me too!

NaomiH

Now Naomi, how are you already skipping? LOL!
The colours aren't drawing me in. The darkest one is my fav of the bunch, but I have enough lippies around that shade range to last me ages. Who knows though IF it turns out to not be a total dupe of others and isn't a dry, patchy hot mess like some others have turned out to be I may be persuaded to change my mind, but as of right now I look at the pic and think
fluffy.gif

Mizani

The colours aren't drawing me in. The darkest one is my fav of the bunch, but I have enough lippies around that shade range to last me ages. Who knows though IF it turns out to not be a total dupe of others and isn't a dry, patchy hot mess like some others have turned out to be I may be persuaded to change my mind, but as of right now I look at the pic and think
fluffy.gif
In truth, I don't blame you. All of us lippie addicts know we have to slow down every now and then and make sure we aren't buying the same colors over and over again. And because of that, you are right. We should be more discerning about the performance.

mango13

iagree.gif

Me too! Except for Prabal, the Euro prices are way too ridiculous, even for a designer collab.

I was thinking that too. Maybe it's on the sheerer side? Who knows, maybe these matte formula will be little different.

I was also thinking how amazing matching blushes would've been. Imagine all those shades as blushes, and with that packaging.
eyelove.gif
A blush matching that orange lipstick would be awesome! Especially, if it's one of the big blushes in a compact... oh well maybe in another collection.

NaomiH

In truth, I don't blame you. All of us lippie addicts know we have to slow down every now and then and make sure we aren't buying the same colors over and over again. And because of that, you are right. We should be more discerning about the performance.
I just can't be doing all the stalking anymore and not to mention that feeling you get when you get your box, try the product on and it's as dry as chalk so you have to summon black magic to get it to apply smoothly and it still makes your lips turn into reptile skin after a few hours time. I just can't do it again next year.

Shars

icon_eek.gif
thud.gif

Everytime I try to quit MAC they just keep drawing me back in. Lipsticks are my kryptonite!

Mizani

I guess I can say that the nice thing about these collaborations is that it introduces me to designers. I'm not a big fashion design follower so most all of these people I've never even heard of.
blush-anim-cl.gif

hitchcockblonde

iagree.gif

Me too! Except for Prabal, the Euro prices are way too ridiculous, even for a designer collab.

I was thinking that too. Maybe it's on the sheerer side? Who knows, maybe this matte formula will be a little different.

eyelove.gif
Oh that would have been so nice...
And yeah I love Prabal but if I lived in Europe I probably would have skipped too. Euro prices are always crazy.

alexisweaver

I did too at first mostly because of the packaging. When my eye first saw the pics I didn't even realize it was lipstick for a split second. LOL
The packaging also reminds me of the LIPSTICK QUEEN packaging. That's why I had to do a double-take and a hard stare when I looked at the photo.

NaomiH

I guess I can say that the nice thing about these collaborations is that it introduces me to designers. I'm not a big fashion design follower so most all of these people I've never even heard of.
blush-anim-cl.gif
That is definitely a plus to them, I'm not a huge follower either so it's real rare I actually see a designer name and know who it is.
girlhaha.gif

I think the only designer collab I've actually known who the person was is Bao Bao Wan. lol

Vandekamp

I like the two lipsticks on the far right. But it may be a skip for me because I am on a makeup diet.
smiles.gif

Mizani

I just can't be doing all the stalking anymore and not to mention that feeling you get when you get your box, try the product on and it's as dry as chalk so you have to summon black magic to get it to apply smoothly and it still makes your lips turn into reptile skin after a few hours time. I just can't do it again next year.
LOL @ reptile skin!

Mine is being underwhelmed about the color once I get it because I have so many that look like it already. Deep purples, I am looking at you!

Latest posts