MAC X Giambattista Valli Collection (July 2 / 9, 2015)

Mizani

I couldn't even deal with it anymore and ended up selling it. Such a shame as it's a really beautiful colour and I was SO excited for it to launch.
Oh wow girl, you sold yours? Dang!

I love the color so much and the finish once you get it on that I could never sell mine. Just need an extra 10 minutes to get it on right. LOL!

NaomiH

It is taking restraint for me not to get Stunner from Nasty but I know I don't need it. But a small part of me is dying inside wondering if I will have skipper's remorse. We need more SWATCHES!
But the good news is Kinky was NOT a disappointment so that should tie me over. :)

Oh that is sad to hear. I know I had swatched that Medieval lipstick in store and couldn't believe how sheer it was. I was like $22 for this?! Might as well wear lipgloss.

Surrrreeee! ;)

Talk That Talk is one special lipstick. Such a pain in the arse but ever so beautiful. I sooo wish they would re-release this either in a retro matte more like Fixed on Drama or just a regular (and traditional non-creamy matte) altogether. SMH.
I hope Stunner turns out to be just that for you once more swatches surface. :)
I think Kinky is beautiful, but I just can't seem to make myself want it enough to buy it anymore.
sigh.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
That is definitely a plus to them, I'm not a huge follower either so it's real rare I actually see a designer name and know who it is.
girlhaha.gif

I think the only designer collab I've actually known who the person was is Bao Bao Wan. lol
I usually know the names, but only because I always windowshop on expensive websites admiring all the things I can't afford, lol.
On a related note, a couple of days ago I scored a pair of Alexander Wang shoes (the Dina in beige suede) for a great price and I'm crazy in love with them.
love.gif
Oh how I love a good sale. Just had to share my excitement.

NaomiH

Oh wow girl, you sold yours? Dang!

I love the color so much and the finish once you get it on that I could never sell mine. Just need an extra 10 minutes to get it on right. LOL!
Yep! I've been getting rid of all kinds of things lately! If it takes too much effort to work properly, is a total dupe, or I just decide that I'm tired of looking at it, it's gone without any sense of remorse or hesitation.

NaomiH

I usually know the names, but only because I always windowshop on expensive websites admiring all the things I can't afford, lol.
On a related note, a couple of days ago I scored a pair of Alexander Wang shoes (the Dina in beige suede) for a great price and I'm crazy in love with them.
love.gif
Oh how I love a good sale. Just had to share my excitement.
Awesome!!! I love finding things for a good deal. I'm glad you found those shoes and hope you enjoy them for years to come.
pompom.gif

Mizani

omg I posted in the lipstick queen thread I wanted to know how the lipstick queen vevlet lippie were they are $50 I couldn't find any reviews on them they don't sound like good lippies at all
I've been looking at those $50 Velvet Rope lipsticks too. I swatched two of them and they were pretty pigmented.

Mizani

Talk that talk is a retro matte lipstick, but it felt much more drying than the other retro mattes that i own. Such a shame coz it was a beautiful color. Hope the dark lippie in this collection wun be a disappointment
It is. It is the worst of all the ones I own. Guess it was the pigmentation. *shrug*

But the color is like nothing I own. Perfect combo of purple and plum.
heart.gif

mango13

omg I posted in the lipstick queen thread I wanted to know how the lipstick queen vevlet lippie were they are $50 I couldn't find any reviews on them they don't sound like good lippies at all
From the swatches I've seen they are not worth $50. Every time I see a lipstick that is $50 and not TF or Guerlain... my first thought is always that I might as well go get a Rouge G or a TF lipstick.

Shars

It is taking restraint for me not to get Stunner from Nasty but I know I don't need it. But a small part of me is dying inside wondering if I will have skipper's remorse. We need more SWATCHES!
But the good news is Kinky was NOT a disappointment so that should tie me over. :)

Oh that is sad to hear. I know I had swatched that Medieval lipstick in store and couldn't believe how sheer it was. I was like $22 for this?! Might as well wear lipgloss.

Surrrreeee! ;)

Talk That Talk is one special lipstick. Such a pain in the arse but ever so beautiful. I sooo wish they would re-release this either in a retro matte more like Fixed on Drama or just a regular (and traditional non-creamy matte) altogether. SMH.
I agree! The colour is just perfect! Funny enough though, earlier this week I use my jack black lip balm first as usual but did not blot it. Then I filled in my lips lightly with NYX's deep purple lipliner and then applied TTT over top. It applied so smoothly and lasted all day until after lunch. Then it returned to its natural state of hot-messed-patchiness lol. It applied way more smoothly over the lipbalm/lip liner combo for sure though.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Awesome!!! I love finding things for a good deal. I'm glad you found those shoes and hope you enjoy them for years to come.
pompom.gif
Thank you, Naomi :) They fit like a glove and are made of the softest leather I've ever seen.
eyelove.gif

Latest posts