MAC X The Return of Marilyn Monroe Collection Discussion (2013)

Haven

My Macy's order just arrived! Very happy! I am surprised that it only took one day to get here since I did not pay for express shipping.

Dolly Snow

Awesome sales tactic. I wonder what she considered a good collection?
holysheep.gif
Lol good question, she was not very good at selling.
I ended up going back because the first time around I saw in compartment they had Archie Girl stuff. I missed the collection. I ended up getting Oh Oh Oh l/s and Mall Madness l/g because it is so close to daddys little girl. Which I have been dying for still hope to find it one day. I saw the same SA and she again told me how she is still shocked! My store was super packed but no one was buying any MM collection. People passed by it and ignored it. Crazy!!!
WTF2.gif

KrystalAnne

My projected dd is also the 20th and i'm also in california. hm...well, maybe we'll get lucky and it'll arrive by friday at least.

I went to Macy's and backed up SI and tried it on for the first time. I was in a rush though so I didn't fully appreciate it. I picked up a DA for my mom. AND i gave in and bought Legendary even though I thought I did a good job not getting it when I ordered my SI online. It was so pretty when I swatched it. Not dark at all, but a nice natural looking blush for my skin tone.

ALivingDoll

My Macy's order just arrived! Very happy! I am surprised that it only took one day to get here since I did not pay for express shipping.
Let's keep out fingers crossed that the rest of us in California get it before the projected delivery date of 5/20...it seems so far away! I feel like each day that goes by the lipstick is melting away
ssad.gif
I'm probably over analyzing but it's hot as hell!

bluelitzer

Nordstrom and MAC delivers the fastest to Alaska as well!
And FREE!

A lot of websites make me pay ridiculous amount to ship here.
crybaby.gif

One from NJ tried to charge me $40 even before I added stuff to my cart!
F*** that S***.
censored.gif

My package made its way from WV to OH in 1 day, but I still have to wait 3 days for it to arrive when it's only minutes away from me.
blink.gif
It looks like Macy's used FedEx SmartPost, meaning USPS will make the final delivery. Wow, Macy's, I spent nearly $300 and you give me cheap shipping. If it wasn't a Macy's exclusive, I would've purchased from Nordies instead. (Fast and free!)
girlhaha.gif

Now, I'm getting a bit nervous. There was a time when our mailman put my MAC HK glosses in my neighbor's mailbox instead. Fortunately, my neighbor handed it to me... but it was a couple of days after it's been delivered, so I was worried and thought it was lost/stolen. I'll be able to relax when my package arrives on time in one piece. I'd really like to try everything now, but for the meantime, I'll be wearing Scarlet Ibis until my package gets here.
heart.gif

xlisaa

My package is in La Vergne, TN, with projected delivery date to CA of May 20, boo! So far away!
Yup, same for me. Delivery date is May 20 to San Francisco, CA. You never know with UPS-Mi though, since they transfer it to USPS. From experience, sometimes they're a day early, sometimes they're a day late.

LC Balthazar

Yup, same for me. Delivery date is May 20 to San Francisco, CA. You never know with UPS-Mi though, since they transfer it to USPS. From experience, sometimes they're a day early, sometimes they're a day late.
Ah, is that what ups mi is? I didn't know. I hope you're right and its early! I want my stuff!

xlisaa

Ah, is that what ups mi is? I didn't know. I hope you're right and its early! I want my stuff!
Yup, it's just like FedEx SmartPost, but it's UPS delivering it up until your local PO instead of FedEx. Either way UPS-Mi or FedEx SmartPost, they're both slow! lol. I hope so too, but even if they give it to the PO on Friday, there's a chance it can come Saturday since USPS delivers on Saturdays.

xlisaa

Oh & my ebates updated! I clicked on it when it said 14% early Monday morning and although the Macy's site said 3%, the confirmation came as 14%. So after $66 in lipsticks, I got $9.24 back :D

Genn

Yup, it's just like FedEx SmartPost, but it's UPS delivering it up until your local PO instead of FedEx. Either way UPS-Mi or FedEx SmartPost, they're both slow! lol. I hope so too, but even if they give it to the PO on Friday, there's a chance it can come Saturday since USPS delivers on Saturdays.
ups and fed ex ALWAYS dump stuff they don't want to deliver off on USPS and then people wonder why they see USPS carries out until 7 p.m

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
Oh & my ebates updated! I clicked on it when it said 14% early Monday morning and although the Macy's site said 3%, the confirmation came as 14%. So after $66 in lipsticks, I got $9.24 back :D
Nice! Mine hasn't posted yet, but I was told it could take up to 7 days. I'm expecting $38.64, but I'll probably just spend it on more lipsticks.
girlhaha.gif

xlisaa

ups and fed ex ALWAYS dump stuff they don't want to deliver off on USPS and then people wonder why they see USPS carries out until 7 p.m
I guess it's up to the shipping method the company wants to use? I don't think FedEx or UPS has a choice on whether or not they want to have the package dropped off because it is the shipping method that the company (Macy's) has a contract with & chooses. Sephora has a contract with UPS, which is why their free shipping is always with UPS and will be delivered by UPS, I guess it's confusing, but I don't like having my items being forwarded by one company to another because it takes longer.

xlisaa

Nice! Mine hasn't posted yet, but I was told it could take up to 7 days. I'm expecting $38.64, but I'll probably just spend it on more lipsticks.
girlhaha.gif
Mine usually shows up about 2-4 days after the item has shipped. & whoaaa that's a lot, but that is a lot saved considering MAC never actually goes on sale unless some items get sent to CCO for 30% off, the 14% off right now is amazing! haha :D

Latest posts