Massive Dazzleglass Rant

chocokitty

Sorry but I have to agree with this rant. I bought 5 from the 1st collection and I noticed that after using Baby Sparks a few times, I could see a lot was missing from the tube. So after that, I started using them sparingly by layering a little over lipsticks. I bought the Miss Dynamite from the Red She Said collection and I noticed that since I use the product differently it's lasting longer. I just wished these came with a warning sign i.e. "USE SPARINGLY OTHERWISE YOU'LL SHED SOME TEARS" -- LOL.

abbey_08

yeah exactly!!! i was going to buy them all but i sort of stopped and thought 'hold on this is mental how quick they are going' i usually wear mine on a night out and after a few drinks i kinda forget i need to be careful how much im applying. but i dont put too much on anyway cos i hate that sticky feeling you get if you apply too much

panther27

I have Fun N Sexy lipstick from Fafi collection,and I will use either clear lipglass or lustreglass over that and it looks just like I'm wearing a dazzleglass!Plus you get way more usage.
thmbup.gif

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdlersMommy22
no joke... i almost had a flipping heart attack the other day because i was putting on baby sparks at work and my friend reached her hand out to use it too... it was like one of those movie scences where its all slo-mo and im looking at her like "wow i really dont want to let you use this.." then i very reluctantly hand over my dazzleglass in super slow motion and shed a tear at the same time because im well aware that theres a god chance she's gooping the product on with about 3-4 applications and my tube's going to be 1/2 empty when i get it back...........

OMG that is freaking hilarious!
th_LMAO.gif
Not that I am making light of what is of course a serious situation.
nonono.gif
A gal's gotta protect her Dazzleglass, for sure.
winkiss.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocopuff
Thanks ladies for the information. I have 7 dazzleglasses. I use mine over lipsticks and have not really seen much gone. I will use them sparingly. I am not in the mood for buying backups when I think that MAC knows how much of a hot seller they are and hopefully will make them permanant OR have a collection out every year.
mac_dazzleglass.gif

they are gonna be perm in the spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
My trainers told me that the Dazzleglasses cost so much more because they use Reflects Glitters for the 'dazzle' effect. I'm not sure if the higher pricetag is worth it though. :/

that's exactly why they are more expensive (and why there's less product). with the reflects glitter in there, if they were to make the same amount, they'd be upwards of $25, then no one would buy em!

AdlersMommy22

Its like i could see her hand going back and forth putting it on her lips... dipping it back in the tube... putting it on her lips.. smacking her lips... dipping it back in the tube.. and im cringing and the 3rd dip im like "OKAY YOU HAD ENOUGH!... it looks...great. Please dont ever touch my dazzleglass again. Okay. Phew."

Glad that shits over. Im putting it on in private from now on.

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey_08
yeh i know what u mean...they know they have a great product so take advantage with higher costs and smaller packaging. i wish they did a holiday set with 5 mini dazzleglasses...but what would be the point cos you would only get 2 uses out a mini version haha

Not if they actually put them in LIPGLASS OR LUSTREGLASS TUBES.
winkiss.gif

FiestyFemme

Quote:
My trainers told me that the Dazzleglasses cost so much more because they use Reflects Glitters for the 'dazzle' effect. I'm not sure if the higher pricetag is worth it though. :/

Exactly!
I don't want to pay that much for a lipgloss anyway, and you get so much less. They are pretty, and I always look at them at the counter, but I'm yet to actually take the plunge.
Maybe once they're perm, I'll try one. I don't use much gloss anyway, and it's likely to go bad before I'd use it up.
But still, I think it's principle.

LatinaRose

Hmm, has anyone experimented making their own Dazzleglass with the Reflects glitters?? I'd like to try it, but I have no idea what lipgloss to use!! Maybe I'll just use clear lipglass.

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdlersMommy22
no joke... i almost had a flipping heart attack the other day because i was putting on baby sparks at work and my friend reached her hand out to use it too... it was like one of those movie scences where its all slo-mo and im looking at her like "wow i really dont want to let you use this.." then i very reluctantly hand over my dazzleglass in super slow motion and shed a tear at the same time because im well aware that theres a god chance she's gooping the product on with about 3-4 applications and my tube's going to be 1/2 empty when i get it back...........

The lesson is either don't share your makeup, or apply it for her next time.
smiles.gif

redambition

Quote:

right. i am so going to try making my own dazzleglass after reading that.

i've held off buying them because they are so pricey for so little, now i could buy a pot of glitter, a lipglass and make a frankenglass! *evil laugh*

hmmm. i wonder if i need lightning?

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
right. i am so going to try making my own dazzleglass after reading that.

i've held off buying them because they are so pricey for so little, now i could buy a pot of glitter, a lipglass and make a frankenglass! *evil laugh*

hmmm. i wonder if i need lightning?

redambition, do you take a custom order? Could you make me a lilac colored Dazzleglass please????
drools.gif

bella1342

Please someone try experimenting with the reflects glitter and let us know how it works...

I love dazzleglasses... I have around a dozen of them. (including a few backups)

Sanayhs

Dudes, I thought the price/amount was retarded as of the initial launch. My immediate solution was mixing reflects glitters with other gloss. Plus, you can add as much or little glitter as you like. It works beautifully. If you use clear gloss, pigment and reflects glitters, you can make any colour you want.

Seriously, dazzleglass prices are retarded. No thanks. I have two, but I bought them for well below retail (but still bnib) via my friend the internet. Thanks.

Also, if you want to go insane on the dazzle, layer additional reflects glitters over your dazzleglass. Holy cheese.

Oh, and the reflects glitters mixed with gloss doesn't feel gritty or anything - tis just lovely.

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I will be mixing clear lipglass and reflects glitter tonight!
smiles.gif
Sounds like fun!

If you wear a lab coat and goggles and cackle maniacally while doing it, it will be even better!
yes.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

The other day I was actually looking at the testers from Metal Urge, and realized that Reflects Bronze is the orange-gold glitter used in Miss Dynamite! They look exactly the same! Do it girls!

I think you guys should: make a small sample of a glitter, by either filling a sample jar with a little, or even just pour a bit on a napkin. Take the wand of a regular lipglass and dip it into the glitter, then just stick it back into the tube, and tadaaaaaaa your very own homemade Dazzleglass!

Sanayhs

Quote:
The other day I was actually looking at the testers from Metal Urge, and realized that Reflects Bronze is the orange-gold glitter used in Miss Dynamite! They look exactly the same! Do it girls!

I think you guys should: make a small sample of a glitter, by either filling a sample jar with a little, or even just pour a bit on a napkin. Take the wand of a regular lipglass and dip it into the glitter, then just stick it back into the tube, and tadaaaaaaa your very own homemade Dazzleglass!

Mmmhmmm, it works beautifully.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I will be mixing clear lipglass and reflects glitter tonight!
smiles.gif
Sounds like fun!

Please Post a picture when you can!! I want to see how it turns out.