Massive Dazzleglass Rant

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella1342
Are reflects glitters MAC pro only?

yep. they occassionaly release them with LE collections tho, like with the upcoming metal urge.

bella1342

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
yep. they occassionaly release them with LE collections tho, like with the upcoming metal urge.

Thanks! Damn. I want to try this really bad now. Does anyone have any recs as to what reflects to buy to try this?

My fav dazzleglasses are Date Night, Bare Necessity, and Baby Sparks

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
If you wear a lab coat and goggles and cackle maniacally while doing it, it will be even better!
yes.gif

I actually still have my Clinique white lab coat from when I worked for them a few years back. I might have to wear that while I do some mixing.
th_LMAO.gif
No goggles though.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Please Post a picture when you can!! I want to see how it turns out.

I will post some pictures tomorrow.
smiles.gif

Jade1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
they are gonna be perm in the spring.

that's exactly why they are more expensive (and why there's less product). with the reflects glitter in there, if they were to make the same amount, they'd be upwards of $25, then no one would buy em!

hell, as pretty as they are I would buy em! Thank goodness they are making them perm.
th_DANCE.gif
Going to try my hand at making my own at home. My fav is Ms Fizz. Although I don't know how much people apply..
th_dunno.gif
but my first Ms Fizz is still half full and I have had it since launch. I apply it over l/s and wear it alone. I find that it lasts a loooooong time on my lips. Even makes it thru lunch.

CantAffordMAC

I dont have any reflects glitter except for.......

bum bum bum! Antique Gold. And yes I did try putting this on my lips.

Advice for you guys making ur own dazzleglass, dont use AG. It turns a greyish muddy color...

Or else maybe Im just doing it wrong
th_dunno.gif

girlzippy

I have tons of dazzleglasses, love them. I've used money honey almost every week since it's launch still have half left. It lasts longer on lips to me. I have to apply it less. I've used a lipglass just as much and had it go down to half easy too as you apply it more. I dunno, I've easliy gotten 14 full days use of of mine with half+ left so far.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambibabe
redambition, do you take a custom order? Could you make me a lilac colored Dazzleglass please????
drools.gif

i'd have to get ingredients first
ssad.gif
i went to MAC pro today but was so sad at the fact that Teal pigment is not available in Australia that i was too bummed to buy anything else. They also didn't have the little darlings sets in stock yet, so i couldn't plead to try and get them to sell me one early!

just thinking: how cool would a little Pink Opal pigment with a mix of reflects pearl and reflects transparent pink be?

th_drool.gif

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
i'd have to get ingredients first
ssad.gif
i went to MAC pro today but was so sad at the fact that Teal pigment is not available in Australia that i was too bummed to buy anything else. They also didn't have the little darlings sets in stock yet, so i couldn't plead to try and get them to sell me one early!

just thinking: how cool would a little Pink Opal pigment with a mix of reflects pearl and reflects transparent pink be?

th_drool.gif

Grrr.. I bought all of the Little Darling sets, except the one with teal. Do you just need little bit to play with before they come out? I have a sample jar of teal (1/4tsp) and I could spare you some of it, if you like.. 1/4tsp sounds like nothing, but it would last me forever!

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambibabe
Grrr.. I bought all of the Little Darling sets, except the one with teal. Do you just need little bit to play with before they come out? I have a sample jar of teal (1/4tsp) and I could spare you some of it, if you like.. 1/4tsp sounds like nothing, but it would last me forever!

nah - it's cool. i saw the colour and decided i must have it, so i'll probably buy the set as now i also have use for the glitter in it - making my own dazzleglass.

thank you for the offer!

sambibabe

No probs redambition!

Wow.. I had a go at making my own dazzleglass and it worked! I will post pictures soon (already late for my daily exercise)

abbey_08

i nva knew they made them with reflects glitter or thought to do that myself!! im sooooooo gonna buy some reflects glitter and some clear lipglass and get to d.i.y dazzling myself up!!!!!!!!! thanks sooo much girls!!!!!!!!

i love specktra! haha

seabird

wow, i must use hardly any! i have two, like venus and baby sparks and mine don't even look like i've used them. how strange! i'm quite intrigued about making your own though, i might have to give this a go
devil.gif

Winthrop44

Yeah, as much as I love Dazzleglasses I don't like the look with a thick application so I have no problems with them running out quickly.

sambibabe

Here it is.. I wasn't planning to do this as I am just too lazy
smiles.gif
, but when I saw the pigment sitting there, the curiosity got the better of me.

MAC clear lipglass + Reflects Transparet Teal pigment + Dolled Up pigment

Left: Test Right: Sugarimmed Pic taken under flourescent lighting
Dazzleglasstest.jpg

With flash
Dazzleglasstest1.jpg

On pigmented lips. No lipstick/liner underneath.
Dazzleglasstest2.jpg

Cocopuff

they are gonna be perm in the spring.

WWWWWOOOOOHHHHHHHOOOOOOO!!!!!!! thanks for that information! Then I am not going to worry about it! I will buy more in the perm collection

Also, I experimented with the DIY Dazzleglass yesterday and people at work commented on my lips. I used Reflects Blackened Red and clear lipglass. It was perfect! I am now completely hooked on doing it myself and now I am planning to go to the counter and see what other glitters they have!

abbey_08

specktradazzle...the new better dazzleglass that lasts longer than a few applications haha. i cant wait til payday to get me some glitters!!

sambibabe yours came out great!

coachkitten

Last night I mixed a few reflects glitters with clear lipglass. I only have three reflects glitters otherwise I would have done more. I think that reflects gold turned out by far the best.

Reflect Red Glitter:
DSC01025.jpg

Reflect Gold Glitter:
DSC01019.jpg

Reflect Blue Glitter:
DSC01013.jpg