Massive Dazzleglass Rant

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
What is the US price on a jar of Reflects Glitter? I want to play, too. ;-)

$17.50

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAddict_Sami
I Love this!!!! I came home tonight and tried this...Look @ my creations!!
DSC01931.jpg

Top is date night
Bottom is my creation...

DSC01938.jpg

I used the chanel gloss to make this and reflects gold

lIPS.jpg

on my lips
smiles.gif

I like yours better actually...I'll take two tubes to go
yes.gif

jaclynashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacegirl2007
they are pretty expensive though, right?
im not sure how much all the products are but those lines are epensive for target!

They were between $16-$18 for them (both brands).
I forgot which one was $16 though I'm pretty sure it was the Jemma Kidd one and I think both have more product than the dazzleglasses.
smiles.gif

I should have brought my camera with me into Target with me today to take pictures of swatches but I forgot too because I had to run in there to buy a book and get out but next time I go I PROMISE I'll get swatches but don't count on it being this week.

CellyCell

How awesome... I gotta try that... my friend has reflects glitter she hardly uses.

I did it once with those NYX pigments too, cheaper alternative to the reflects glitter. I bought them for $1 at CherryCulture.com.

*JJ*

Quote:
I Love this!!!! I came home tonight and tried this...Look @ my creations!!
DSC01931.jpg

Top is date night
Bottom is my creation...

DSC01938.jpg

lIPS.jpg

on my lips
smiles.gif

looks great! which reflects glitter did you use?

ohnna-lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnsmelody
i don't know if this has ever happened to anyone here that are using dazzleglass. as for my first tube, i didn't use it that much but there was alot missing from it. then i noticed that the top of the tube where the black & clear meets was always sticky with gloss. like it was leaking. then one day i left the tube sealed tight in an upright position for a few days. I came back and noticed that all the gloss leaked out of the tube.. and that is how everything ended up being missing. I'm not sure if that has happened to anyone here.

I would be pissed, My Marc Jacobs bags would be destroyed. Thanks for the heads up, if I ever do purchase one I will be sure to keep it in a baggie or something.

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnna-lee
I would be pissed, My Marc Jacobs bags would be destroyed. Thanks for the heads up, if I ever do purchase one I will be sure to keep it in a baggie or something.

LOL.. I always carry lipgloss inside a cosmetic bag for that reason. Once a tube of lipgloss leaked in the airplane and it took me ages to clean that up. And that was the normal lipgloss. If Dazzleglass ever leaked, not only you will have to clean up the sticky gloss, you will also have to scrape off the glitters! Urgh! Nightmare.

Corvs Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
I have Fun N Sexy lipstick from Fafi collection,and I will use either clear lipglass or lustreglass over that and it looks just like I'm wearing a dazzleglass!Plus you get way more usage.
thmbup.gif

And it's not like you're wearing lip glue. I know tha I'll be flamed for this but I HATE Dazzleglasses. They are to damn sticky for me.

ohnna-lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambibabe
LOL.. I always carry lipgloss inside a cosmetic bag for that reason. Once a tube of lipgloss leaked in the airplane and it took me ages to clean that up. And that was the normal lipgloss. If Dazzleglass ever leaked, not only you will have to clean up the sticky gloss, you will also have to scrape off the glitters! Urgh! Nightmare.

I like the puny purses though. The size of one of my bags is the equivalent to a make up bag.

Kayteuk

I just did a mix of C-thru, Reflects antique gold and the Mac Clear Lipglass.
Oh....my....God

Why didnt I do this sooner! I will post pics asap! It looks so nice, reflects a goldy colour with a bit of brown in. Its like a nude dazzleglass :) I love it!

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayteuk
I just did a mix of C-thru, Reflects antique gold and the Mac Clear Lipglass.
Oh....my....God

Why didnt I do this sooner! I will post pics asap! It looks so nice, reflects a goldy colour with a bit of brown in. Its like a nude dazzleglass :) I love it!

Can't wait to see it! Sounds yummy

coachkitten

I am going to try using reflects antique gold, c-thru, and clear lipglass tonight to see how it works.
smiles.gif
Refelcts antique gold is seriously one of the prettiest glitters!

Kayteuk

I just used a teeny TINY amount of glitter, and mixed it and put it on with a 212 brush.
smiles.gif
Ill put a photo tutorial up soon.

emeraldjewels

This is a great thread, I adore dazzleglasses and i've been looking for a way to use the glitters in the little darlings sets.

I'm gonna try to make a homemade dazzleglass tonight!.

Kayteuk

I made a really rubbish quality video with my web cam as I cant find my camera cable. So here ya go! I made an entire pot of it as a lip gloss
smiles.gif
Very happy with the results.

Sorry about the coughing and funny voice. I am in antibiotic nirvana due to tonsillitis!

Thanks to the girls and guys on this forum for helping everyone out with this! I think I forgot to thank the guys too on this video and I apologise. My heads not on this planet right now!

YouTube - MAC dazzleglass how to make them

Oh man the quality is awful
ssad.gif
Wheres my camera cable...
I will replace this vid when i find the cable....

MzzRach

Quote:

lIPS.jpg

on my lips
smiles.gif

Your creation is amazing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey_08
macaddict_sami yours looks better than the dazzleglass!

yes.gif

MacAddict_Sami

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JJ*
looks great! which reflects glitter did you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey_08
macaddict_sami yours looks better than the dazzleglass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I like yours better actually...I'll take two tubes to go
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Your creation is amazing!!!

yes.gif

Awwwww...Thanks Guys!!! I used Reflects Gold...In Canada, the dazzleglass is $21CAD for 1.92g; the Chanel Gloss is $30CAD for 6g; I have a few reflect glitters from the holiday pigment sets that I NEVER knew what to do with them...Well needless to say, now I've found a very good use for them...