Massive Dazzleglass Rant

FiestyFemme

Ok I caved and bought Sugarrimmed... and while it's ok, I'm not blown away at $17.50 a pop.
I'm glad I can put to use the Reflects Glitters I was planning on getting.
Yay!
smiles.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Mint
that looks really good coachkitten! Are the reflects glitter in the jars the same as in dazzleglass or are they grittier/finer? Is it PRO only?

yes, they're the same. and as already asked and answered, they are pro only, but do occassionally get released with LE collections.

makeup_queen81

i am going to have to try and make my own dazzleglasses. i have only bought 2 dazzleglasses so far but oh how i want more

sambibabe

Am I the only weird one here loving the stickiness of Dazzleglass? It lasts all day on my dry lips and I just love it! I tried similar lipgloss from other brands and they just don't feel the same. With making my own Dazzleglass.. I hated handling Reflects Glitters as those little suckers seem to fly everywhere
smiles.gif
. I am scared to open the lid.. So for me, a tube of Dazzleglass is worth every cent.

cetati

I love it! I actually really enjoy the stickiness since even when it starts to evaporate it'll still last a little (but stickier) and still be shiny and glittery yay!

rnsmelody

i don't know if this has ever happened to anyone here that are using dazzleglass. as for my first tube, i didn't use it that much but there was alot missing from it. then i noticed that the top of the tube where the black & clear meets was always sticky with gloss. like it was leaking. then one day i left the tube sealed tight in an upright position for a few days. I came back and noticed that all the gloss leaked out of the tube.. and that is how everything ended up being missing. I'm not sure if that has happened to anyone here.

*JJ*

i gotta say i was really excited to try the dazzleglasses because of the hype. they finally arrived today and i have to say i was really disappointed. i read that they are sticky but man it's a lot worse than i expected. and i wasn't too impressed with how they looked on my lips either. i decided to pass on those and bought armani's midnight lip shimmer in pink - it's everything i hoped the dazzleglasses would be
th_DANCE.gif

just my
2cents.gif

ShauntyXD

Woah. I was JUST thinking about how I've seen a noticeable depletion of product in the tube this morning then I find this thread O_O lol. Well, all I have to say is that MAC are being assholes, this sucks.

GlamQueen21

I love the Dazzleglasses! I have Sugarrimmed, Baby Sparks and Date Night. My Sugarrimmed is almost out so I'm going to purchase another one when I get paid. Also, I might try Miss Dynamite as well.

Jade1012

Woohoo! I did it.. Got home grabbed my reflects, blue, pink and teal.. a sample of bright fushcia, my pink pearl piggie and clear tube of lipglass! Found an empty doe foot lip gloss bottle and voila! Homemade dazzleglass! As soon as I can figure out my new camera I will post some pics.. just cant seem to get the lighting right or the flash.

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
Homemade dazzleglass? I want to see a pic of it. I bet it looks so pretty!!!

Check page 3 on this thread. I put some pictures there.

blinkymei

I know this is a dazzleglass rant page, but I really am excited about the Hello Kitty dazzleglass with charms... hopefully for the same price and new colors!

and wow, that's cool that you gals made your dazzleglass, I want to try but I don't have any reflects, please do share more formulas
greengrin.gif

MacAddict_Sami

I Love this!!!! I came home tonight and tried this...Look @ my creations!!
DSC01931.jpg

Top is date night
Bottom is my creation...

DSC01938.jpg

I used the chanel gloss to make this and reflects gold

lIPS.jpg

on my lips
smiles.gif

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambibabe
Am I the only weird one here loving the stickiness of Dazzleglass? It lasts all day on my dry lips and I just love it! I tried similar lipgloss from other brands and they just don't feel the same. With making my own Dazzleglass.. I hated handling Reflects Glitters as those little suckers seem to fly everywhere
smiles.gif
. I am scared to open the lid.. So for me, a tube of Dazzleglass is worth every cent.

I used to hate real sticky glosses, but I do like the stickiness of these. I dont likeit when Im kissing or eating lol, but aside frm thatI love it, because the gloss lasts awhile on ur lips.

I love how when all the gloss isgone, theres just glitter flecks on ur lips...but it doesnt look weird, it looks gorgeous!
yes.gif

ceci

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
My trainers told me that the Dazzleglasses cost so much more because they use Reflects Glitters for the 'dazzle' effect. I'm not sure if the higher pricetag is worth it though. :/

Issit that you only can mix reflects glitters to make your own dazzleglass?

If i use just the glitters from mac, will it make the gloss gritty and all that?

Thanks in advance!
winkiss.gif

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceci
Issit that you only can mix reflects glitters to make your own dazzleglass?

If i use just the glitters from mac, will it make the gloss gritty and all that?

Thanks in advance!
winkiss.gif

I tried this with regular MAC glitters like lust dust and the effect was not as cool as with the reflects glitters. The glitter in the gloss was uneven and didn't look very good.