Massive Dazzleglass Rant

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Last night I mixed a few reflects glitters with clear lipglass. I only have three reflects glitters otherwise I would have done more. I think that reflects gold turned out by far the best.

o0o0o0o, that blue looks great.

coachkitten

The red is much brighter in real life. I think that the blue would look awesome over a blue based bright pink.

abbey_08

i love the gold one coachkitten!!! im a happy bunny now!! i spose for more colour you cold always mix some reflects glitter in any lipglass

Vanilla_Mint

that looks really good coachkitten! Are the reflects glitter in the jars the same as in dazzleglass or are they grittier/finer? Is it PRO only?

user79

I think the Dazzleglasses are a huge rip-off. I don't know their price in N America but when I went to the cashier with 1 dazzleglass and the price was $25 USD (converted) I felt like putting it back - but was too embarrassed to. :/ I hadn't asked for the price but that's a hefty pricetag for a friggin lipgloss with some sparkles in it. I'm not buying anymore...

Great now i HAVE to go buy some glitter. I've never been on buying too many of those because i dont get much request for glitter...but now i'm gonna have to do this....oh MAC why i love you so..

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerJenny
me and bunny to the third mixed reflects very pink with our vgvise and we luvs it :3

We sure did. I did like, six dunks into a sample of Reflects Very Pink. It gives it this prettttyyyyyy pink and blue shimmer, making it more dimensional and somehow more pink but more mauve at the same time. It also made it really frosty, reminding me of Cultureclash's intense frost/glitter finish.

I love it! I should mix more Reflects and Glitters into lipglass. I love how opaque the color is but with a super glitter finish. I dun like how sheer Dazzleglasses are in comparison.

Shadowy Lady

Yeah the dazzleglasses cost freakin $21 in Canada. I bought 3 the first time they came out but none the second time. I have a few reflect glitter samples so I will experiment with making my own
smiles.gif

CantAffordMAC

I think we are on to something here!! Coach, those pictures are AWESOME.

I think that after the holidays Im gonna buy some glitter samples.

My question is, how did u guys mix them? Like, if I dont want to put glitter in my regular lipglasses, where do i mix them and what am I supposed to put them in? A 5g sample jar??

joey444

Quote:
Originally Posted by CellyCell
I agree that one of my dazzleglasses is half-way gone and I rarely use the sucker. I think it has to do with it's thickness.

My friend bought a drugstore lipgloss called "Diamonds" I don't remember the brand but it looked a hell of a lot like dazzleglass when applied to the lip. It could be Sally Hansen?

YSL has some nice ones too with actual gold in it... gorgeous stuff!

I actually bought one of these from Sally Hansen and I LOVE it. I actually like it a lot more than my Sugarimmed and it's half the price! It's called Princess Pink.

abbey_08

im glad i made this thread now after gettin such great ideas from everyone! the diy dazzle looks great!

jaclynashley

So I was at Target yesterday and saw some lipgloss similar Dazzleglasses.
They were about the same price but I'm pretty sure more product.
They are from the Napolean Perdis and Jemma Kidd line only SOME have glitter in them and they aren't as sparkly as dazzleglasses but worth a try.
One of them from Jemma Kidd looked like sugarrimed and comet blue put together.
But check them out before you buy them to see if you like the glitter.

spacegirl2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaclynashley
So I was at Target yesterday and saw some lipgloss similar Dazzleglasses.
They were about the same price but I'm pretty sure more product.
They are from the Napolean Perdis and Jemma Kidd line only SOME have glitter in them and they aren't as sparkly as dazzleglasses but worth a try.
One of them from Jemma Kidd looked like sugarrimed and comet blue put together.
But check them out before you buy them to see if you like the glitter.

they are pretty expensive though, right?
im not sure how much all the products are but those lines are epensive for target!

darkbeauty27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
Yeah, I've used mine alot and there's still alot in them. But maybe it's because I layer it over lipsticks so I don't use as much? I have, however, noticed that we've gone through several tubes of each tester already at work.

I've noticed the same thing with our testers too. And we are completely sold out of Dazzleglass at our store!

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Mint
that looks really good coachkitten! Are the reflects glitter in the jars the same as in dazzleglass or are they grittier/finer? Is it PRO only?

The reflects glitter is so fine and it doesn't feel gritty at all infact you can'y even feel it. I assume that it is the very same glitter in the dazzleglass but I don't know for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
I think we are on to something here!! Coach, those pictures are AWESOME.

I think that after the holidays Im gonna buy some glitter samples.

My question is, how did u guys mix them? Like, if I dont want to put glitter in my regular lipglasses, where do i mix them and what am I supposed to put them in? A 5g sample jar??

I just a little bit of both in a sample jar and mixed with a lip brush. Super easy and fun! Glad you all like the pictures.
smiles.gif