Maybelline

RedRibbon

In that case, buy as many as you can!

Just a heads up about Models Own though, if you buy from their site you make a saving anyway, I think it's something like if you buy three, you save £3 but going by that, buying them on 3 for 2 in Boots gives you the bigger saving.

My local Boots took their MO stand down about 2 minutes after it was up, I wasn't impressed!

LMD84

In that case, buy as many as you can!

Just a heads up about Models Own though, if you buy from their site you make a saving anyway, I think it's something like if you buy three, you save £3 but going by that, buying them on 3 for 2 in Boots gives you the bigger saving.

My local Boots took their MO stand down about 2 minutes after it was up, I wasn't impressed!
lol! yeah i should fill my basket today! bless him! i don't get treated often so when he does offer to get me a couple of bits i really appriciate it! :) very sweet of him!

oh and why did they take it down so fast? that sucks! i really like their polishes and their loose shadows. i keep meaning to try some of their glosses too :)

lilithsnake6

I just bought a couple items from their new summer LE collection. The palette is pretty amazing IMO, it has 8 colors- 2 blues (aqua; teal); 2 greens (1 close to Lucky Green & a slightly darker), 2 corals (1 close to Free to be, 1 slightly darker), 2 yellows (a highlighter color & a sunshine yellow). I wear them over Rubensque paint pot & it seems stay most of the day with minimal fading. I'm pretty impressed for a $5-6 product. I also bought the teal appeal Lash Great mascara- really pigmented on my very dark lashes. I'm def going to get the green envy one. I also bought the new Define-A-Line eyeliner in turquoise shock. Really bright turquoise, stays all day on my eyes- a little too soft IMO, I feel like I'm pressing too hard & I'm going to finish it pretty fast. There's also Shine Sensational lipglosses in new flavors (I think pineapple & lime are at least 2). They're all different colors/flavors but apply pretty clear. And there's like 10 new nail polishes in all bright colors but I think I reached my limit on new polishes this month.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Yeah, their mascaras are probably the brand's signature product, IMO. (My go-to for years has been Maybelline Great Lash. So happy they now have a version with a larger wand!)

femmepastiche

Oh man...their Lash Stiletto used to be my HG mascara...wonder why I haven't bought that in awhile...the smell is a little funky but it makes your lashes crazy long and black. I love the Falsies for lengthening, I used every day underneath different, more wet and thickening mascaras like Hypnose Drama or Plushlash. The Color Sensational lipsticks are very good, I have a few of the really bright pinks and corals - affordable and really creamy and hydrating, with a nice shade range to boot! I loooooove their 24 Hour/SuperStay [whatever it's called] concealer, it covers great and stays on all day. Also, their Define-a-Brow pencil is awesome because it is EXACTLY the same product as Clinique's brow pencil. Same colors, packaging, everything.

Their spring and summer makeup collections are always something to look forward to for me. The colors they put out are the perfect balance of brights and pastels, and just seem to catch my eye every time they're on display.

vandeylove

Has anyone had a problem with the Fit me foundation breaking them out? I have been using it for about a week and my ace has been breaking out badly the past few days.

xox
Beth

ssaemblog

I used to buy from this line often but since I went on the animal testing ban, I don't buy from them anymore. I do like their lipsticks. :3

shellygrrl

Staff member
[quote name="vandeylove" url="/forum/thread/73840/maybelline/90#post_2130931"] Has anyone had a problem with the Fit me foundation breaking them out? I have been using it for about a week and my ace has been breaking out badly the past few days.

xox
Beth
[/quote] I've never had issues with breakouts with it. Something in it must not agree with your skin. :(

arvika

I'm not fond of the fact that Maybelline tests on animals.

I lusted over the Emerald Smokes and natural smokes quads for a long time...finally i picked them up at Ulta when they were having a maybelline sale. I used them for a week or so and then returned then both. Even for the sale price, I felt like they weren't worth keeping around. They just weren't pigmented enough for me!

coffee1

I haven't tried the baby lips myself, but I've heard it's not that hydrating.

I love the new color tattoo eyeshadows, and the volume express one by one mascara is my favorite mascara. i'm interested in trying the 14hr lipsticks, anyone tried them?

PeppermintMocha

I was wondering what is everybodys' thoughts on the Dream Smooth Cream foundation?

Does it oxidize?
Does it look cakey?
Is it good for dry skin?

dyingforyou

i got the gel liner pot tonight just to try it out- wanted to try this first to see if i'd actually like a gel liner instead of driving straight into mac's fluidlines. i swatched a bit on my hand and it seems like i had to really pack it on to get a decent black. my friend has this too and she said once you get through the top layer it's not like that anymore so i guess i'll see.

also- the brush. it's really annoying lol. what would be a good alternative to it?

Copperhead

Has anyone seen these new Maybelline spring 2013 blushes? I wonder how that lavender colored one compares to MAC's Full of Joy blush from Tres Cheek.

http://vanityrouge.com/maybelline-spring-2013-blush-coral-burst-wild-blossom-limited-edition-color-goes-electric-review-photos-swatches/