Maybelline

mirando

c185e3de_20130808_193657.jpeg
New Lavender Voltage vs Brazen Berry. I think I may need to get a back up! Can anyone compare this to Heroine or Strong Woman? Sorry for the cell phone quality. Both colors are much more vivid in person.

GoldenGirl

I love Brazen Berry (wore it on Tuesday actually!) so I've decided that they look different enough to warrant me having both. Thanks for the swatches!

GoldenGirl

For those of you in NYC I saw a display at a Duane Reade in midtown but of course no lippies, they were all gone. All I saw were like mascaras or something. The display was tiny as hell too, so annoying. Those are owned by Wallgreens now so check your local Walgreens folks, they may have them in stock.

sagehen

For those of you in NYC I saw a display at a Duane Reade in midtown but of course no lippies, they were all gone.  All I saw were like mascaras or something.  The display was tiny as hell too, so annoying. Those are owned by Wallgreens now so check your local Walgreens folks, they may have them in stock.  
Dang in Walgreens already? I need to get on the hunt ASAP.

P

pockykami

Update: I found them! I really loved the look of everything in the collection. I got lavender voltage and violet intrigue lippies, chocolate lust and purple royale glosses. Lavender voltage is pretty cool. It is bluer than both my heroine and violetta lippies. I could of skipped violet intrigue, it was very red based. The application on these was also a little uneven compared to my vivids. The dark purple gloss was also kind of disappointing, it was very uneven. But my last minute grab, the brown lip gloss, is great! Actually, it's my fav out of everything. It applied pretty well and is a totally unique color in my collection. I skipped the eyeshadow quads, because they fade so quickly on me. But the colors looked amazing! If anyone is a fan of these eyeshadows, I would definitely check them out!

Living Doll

I picked up Purple Royale and Chocolate Lust at my BB&B yesterday. I haven't played with them yet, but they look like the perfect fall colors for me. I don't own anything like either one.

GoldenGirl

I found them! Seems BBB has quite the selection. Picked up lavender voltage. The first two looked similar to the maybelline vivids so I decided not to get them. And since I already have like four dark purple lippies I passed on the last one as well. I am digging lav voltage, it's blue based purple with this kinda blueish shimmery undertone. I'm sure I'm not even explaining it right, but it's very nice, not like anything I currently own.

P

pockykami

I found them! Seems BBB has quite the selection. Picked up lavender voltage. The first two looked similar to the maybelline vivids so I decided not to get them. And since I already have like four dark purple lippies I passed on the last one as well. I am digging lav voltage, it's blue based purple with this kinda blueish shimmery undertone. I'm sure I'm not even explaining it right, but it's very nice, not like anything I currently own.
I agree, loved that one! What are your favorite dark purple lippies? Need some ideas for fall.

xlisaa

So I went to Bed Bath and Beyond today in search of a shower gift (at least that is the way that I am going to tell the story
hmm.gif
) and since I was already there I decided to look for the displays. The location that I visited had the displays but the lipsticks were gone except for the darkest shade, Midnight Plum. Not really interested in that one so I left it on the shelf. Totally frustrated that the display only has two of each shade - good grief!

I did pick up one of the lip glosses - Lavender Lavish. Pretty color. Have not broken the seal yet - it is going in the back of the bin until the end of the month/September. I have other new things to try
girlhaha.gif
. The other ones were just as pretty as the pic IRL.

I am still going to hunt down the lipsticks .... cannot resist a good hunt!

Let us know if anyone spots these at a non B3 store - it increases the odds of actually getting one!
I've heard some people saw displays of it being set up at CVS & being able to get them there! A few of my CVS locations said they are getting a reset in cosmetics so expect fall items in soon? I got mine at BB&B though!

lippieluv2013

I've heard some people saw displays of it being set up at CVS & being able to get them there! A few of my CVS locations said they are getting a reset in cosmetics so expect fall items in soon? I got mine at BB&B though!
C CVS will have them? Wow. I was in one store over the weekend and I think that they were getting ready for a reset. I will need to check again this week for this and others. Thanks for the tip!

GoldenGirl

I agree, loved that one! What are your favorite dark purple lippies? Need some ideas for fall.
Yung Rapunxel is a nice one, purpley but not too vamp. I also have a mattene from the Cult of Cherry collection called Kirsh, and a lippie from Sephora that I just decided to buy sight unseen because it was only $5 and I needed an extra something in my cart to get the free shipping. It's called Bewitch Me.

sagehen

Yung Rapunxel is a nice one, purpley but not too vamp.  I also have a mattene from the Cult of Cherry collection called Kirsh, and a lippie from Sephora that I just decided to buy sight unseen because it was only $5 and I needed an extra something in my cart to get the free shipping.  It's called Bewitch Me.  
I love Kirsch. I saw a Bewitch Me in store and didn't pull the trigger - how do you like it? Is it pigmented? What is the finish? Does it wear long? I can't wait to get my hands on Lavender Voltage, to stay on topic. I am intrigued by the blue tones evident on some people.